What are the Almuni and Boosters thinking of their program?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

[​IMG]

The Rice alumni and fans are disappointed with the program thus far. The offensive unit has failed to produce much, especially in the highly touted run game. They can't cash in.​

The defensive unit has been up and down, with two games being called fairly successful, the ending loss to Temple being a heart breaker. However, after last weeks whipping by Southern Miss in conference play, the Owl faithful are not happy. They are hoping Rice can bounce back with the remainder of the season and become bowl eligible.​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

This is for everyone...tell us about the supporters and what they're thinking of your job thus far.

3. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

[​IMG]

After losing two games to lower ranked teams, the Marshall Athletic Director and HC Doc Holiday held a private meeting with Offensive Coordinator Vols. Coach Vols was told in this meeting that if the team suffers another loss to a lower ranked team specifically due to the ineffectiveness of the offense, that the school is going to have to take a closer look and reevaluate his contract. Coach Vols approval rating has fallen to 43 % this week. Vols told the media that he is looking to make a couple personal changes as well as open up the playbook a bit. The past couple games Marshall have put themselves in a hole early and having to get in comeback mode. Lets see if Vols can turn this thing around after a good start early with wins over W.V and S. Miss, but the last three games have been offensive ineptness.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

[​IMG]

Before the TCU game, I would say that the SDSU alumni was not very happy. The loss to Michigan was considered an acceptable one. The team played well and was in it to the very end. However, the previous loss to Army is one that really hurt the coaching staff. Many in the media (the comments given to me in the game) were saying that the season would be VERY difficult to salvage after a loss like that. However, I really feel that beating TCU changes the entire dynamic of the season. It allows the MWC Championship to really be a legitimate goal for this team. With the next 3 upcoming games being Air Force, Wyoming and New Mexico, I really see positive ahead for the Aztecs.

As far as individual coaching goals, I'm on pace to achieve my offensive statistical goals. Ronnie Hillman is on track for a 1,200 yards rushing and 10 TDs, while Ryan Lindley is 18th in the country with 1,156 yards passing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    We are 0-6, I think my alumni is pissed off. But the offensive staff is finally starting to heat up. The Head Coach may be on the chopping block this year.

• Like Like x 2
  6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

We are currently 2-4. A win over North Texas and Colorado State helped calm the alumni but I think they are pissed about us dropping one to the fucking Vandals. We got blown out by Houston and Hawaii which may be acceptable. The thing is, our defense keeps us in games but the offense can't muster up a piss of yards or points. I'm starting to get so annoyed that I want to print off a picture of Aaron Rodgers and throw darts at his punk ass when the Heisman CPU does its bullshit.

Hopefully, the Alumni can see that I need to control the offense! Then we will get the ball rolling.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

[​IMG]

After the 1st 3 weeks of the season, things did not seem promising as Troy Dropped to 0-2 vs Temple and SDST. Temple game it seemed that the Owls got all the breaks as the Defense was starting to Learn their Roles on Defense, but was shut out 24-0. Then In the 2nd Game, The Trojan Defense seemed to do Better but still gave up 31 to SDST, But knocked out Hillman for the remaining of the 3rd Quarter and Hillman just didn't gain many yards the rest of the game after giving up a big td run. The Offense continued to Struggle in the 1st 2 games as the Defense seemed tired as they would be on the Field alot. After that CoachPierce started to work on the Teams Conditioning and in the Next Game, The Defense seemed to improve as they found themselves in a shootout. Trojans gained the win with Robinson throwing for 540 yrds. But the Defense started to find their groove with pressure on the QB and HB's. In the Army Game the play of the game was the Goalline D stopped Steeleman at the 2 yrdline to preserve the win, as they Held the Running Attack of Army to a Total of 80 yrds for the game. Steeleman rushed 12 times for -14 yrds. So far HC Blackeney seems to satisfied with the young DC. The Alumni and Boosters are satisfied right now with the performance of their Defense as they continue to try and win the Sun Belt Title and Make the New Orleans Bowl. for the 1st 3 games the percententage did not change, CoachPierce got a boost after the Army Game.

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Being that I eat for free everywhere in philly and Andy Reid himself asked me who he should go after for his defense I'd say I'm looking good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I don't think they know where they stand. After the good showing against in-state rival Cincy, the brass was happy. We follow that up with a tough loss to Colorado St, and a solid win vs Marshall, and I think people got a little ahead of themselves. The MAC isn't as strong as our early season foes and people wanted to start ordering tickets to the Champ Game. We follow that up with a very disappointing performance offensively against Kent St and now there are grumblings. Hopefully, our recent win over Buffalo will restore some confidence and get people in the seats and cheering.

10. BG

BG On The Rize!

[​IMG]
    After a dismal offensive start to the season, Southern Miss has found their grove the last three contests. In the three wins, The Eagles are averaging a little over 40 points per while the defense is giving up just 11. SR signal caller Austin Davis has played well, which is key to the success of the Southern Miss offense. If he doesn't turn the ball over, we can compete with anyone. OC Coach Forever.

Although The Eagles run primarily run from the spread, the want to run the ball. HB's Kendrick Hardy and Desmond Johnson are both currently in the top 10 in C-USA in rushing. Hardy has a conference leading 418yds with 4 td's while Johnson is currently 9th with 245yds and 2 td's.

The Alumni are very pleased with the teams progression over the season and despite an early conference loss to Marshall, the Eagles are still in contention to play for the conference championship at seasons end.

11. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

[​IMG]

The West Point boosters have been on the edge of their seats with an emotional roller coaster so far this season. Sitting at 2-4, the Army coaches know that they could easily be at 0-6, with a few bounces of the ball that could have changed the game around. The famous triple option offense has shown stints of greatness at times, however has failed when the defense needed them the most to keep the Black Knights in a few games. Turnovers and red zone efficiency have been a problem and are in need of major improvement for Army to turn around in the 2nd half of the season.​

Defensively, Army has not been able to make a stop. There are a lot of recruiting needs on the defensive side of the ball, so some of the new faces next year will be expected to start immediately to make an impact. Again, the turnover battle is an issue and something the defense has done little at to keep their offense on the field.​

The alumni are expecting 4-6 wins this season, and if the Army coaches can't come through in the 2nd half, there may be a few vacancies to fill this off season.​

12. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator