What are the Q's impression of M25?

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by thafuture3886, Aug 28, 2013.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

I know there is a thread on the main page for TSO's thoughts but I'm curious to hear what some of you guys think of M25. I'll list a few of my pros and cons below, from my experience yesterday..

Pros
    - Running game and offensive line play seems improved. No more running into the offensive line and falling (insert Sanchez joke here)
    - The new running controls are a welcomed addition. I worry though if they're too overpowered. Ahmad Bradshaw should not be blowing up a DE right after taking the handoff.
    - The infinity engine seems to have a better feel to it and looks good visually

Cons
    - Pass rush from a 3-4 seems impossible unless you blitz
    - Players still don't react well in zones, and 2 man under seems a little overpowered
    - Game feels a little arcade like (though im sure that can be fixed with sliders)

• Like Like x 2
  2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Truthfully, feels and looks a lot like 13 to me. The exception is the running game and line of scrimmage play. I can get 2-4 yards usually on a run if the right play is called, and more if the wrong defense is called, which I can dig. I'm pass first usually in recent years due to not being able to move the ball on the ground consistently..so that is my offensive plus. I like to control the DT or DE, and I feel that my "higher rated" lineman are able to use moves like the swim and go on the outside or bull rush on the inside and get pressure to the QB. Just a matter of using the Right Analog stick at the right time of engagement with the O Lineman....The game does seem to be "arcady" at times tho. Zone coverage is broken IMO, which doesn't affect me that much, as I play man coverage about 80%20%. Comeback routes seem un-checkable, played a lobby game and got murked, serves me right tho for even being the cheese for the lobby rat. Overall, I'm underwhelmed with the presentation. I hate the fact I can't showboat on breakaway plays to pay dirt...or if I can, haven't figured it out yet... No end zone celebrations in user vs user games as far as I've seem, they just cross the goalline and stop and stare like robots. I was expecting a real halftime recap, but not this year, or at least not this generation. Hoping for a different experience on the PS4 in a couple of months, other that graphics upgrade, but won't hold my breathe. Overall I would give the game a 7/10, meaning it's average/good, not spectacular by any means.

Endrant

• Like Like x 3
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I love the new game. I think the player interaction/animations are MUCH better. I won't condemn or talk negatively about any game after only 1 day of play. Any game takes getting use to, and any game takes some fine tweaks and adjustments. After 1 day though, I can say that the line interactions and trying to run through the holes and behind linemen are 100x better than M13. I like ballhawk this year, even more than last. It's more spot on and accurate I feel. If you don't time it right, you won't be rewarded. I ran zone probably 55-45 last night and was pretty successful in doing so, so I don't have a problem with that. Always room for minor tweaks and improvements, but after day 1 I'm pretty impressed with it and can't wait to get this league under way!

• Like Like x 4
  4. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I haven't seen any real issues with zone coverage in the 2 games I played.
    Man defense seems to be tighter than 13's.

Run game i'm going to have to get used to. Is auto sprint on in the community games? Cause I don't really feel any type of acceleration when trying to run from the defenders. Had a LB come across the field and catch Murray from behind about 20yds downfield. With Murray's 94spd i felt he should've broken away at that point.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Moe.. I think you have to manually accelerate your players because of the new run functions with (L2)... I could be wrong though

• Like Like x 1
  6. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I had L2 pressed at the time and didn't feel a difference...

7. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Isn't R2 sprint? And L2 the modifier?

• Like Like x 4
  8. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

R2 is the accelerate button.... L2 is what you hold down to engage in the move you're doing

• Like Like x 3
  9. thafuture3886

ThaBayouChef this post wasn't meant to put out any negative feelings people have with the game but moreso to gauge how people feel after playing the retail version

• Like Like x 5
  10. LtJustice

Great idea Curtis! Some people are going to love it, some are going to hate, most will probably fall in the middle.

• Like Like x 2
  11. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

an adjustment to the threshold should fix that, or maybe, just maybe...He is...OVERRATED!:D just phuckin witya....But I do hope sliders are adjusted, for gameplay and penalties

12. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Yea I know. I was just saying I like the game so far and have no complaints. Not to say no one else will have any, just saying I haven't found anything I strongly dislike with it yet.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Well to me it seems just like 13. But here is what I see:

Pros: Linemen and WR's, TE's etc blocking down field on a run or pass. Love that, you can actually get yards after a short catch with better blocking down field. I also feel that its easier to pass on this Madden then last, but all that can be fixed with the sliders so I guess it irrelevant. Love the new moves when running with the ball also and I guess no matter what Ive always loved Madden regardless.

Cons: I still hate that you get penalized when usering. The player you control runs slower, reacts slower etc etc. When if you let him do his thing alone he becomes the monster he should be. So definetly dont like this like 13. Like Curtis I also think the 3-4 is broken, cant get no pressure unless you blitz and thats even with great defensive linemen or DT's. Hopefully sliders take care of this too. And also defensive reaction, which will also be fixed with sliders also.

Well thats it for now, get back to you as I see more. But gotta Love Madden regardless, cant see myself never playing it year after year...

• Like Like x 4
  14. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Doesn't really matter to me I still miss ESPN NFL 2K5!

15. LtJustice

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I noticed when I was trying to press or change something on defense with the left analog stick the guy I was controlling moved. So if I pressed down on the left analog stick for press my lineman that I was would move forward and I would have to move him back. It kept happening. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or not. That has never happened to me in any other madden or ncaa game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I also had trouble getting any pressure with the 49ers 3-4. Which is very odd.

• Like Like x 1
  18. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

On the contrary, I registered a few sacks with no blitzing in the Jets 3-4.

19. thafuture3886

Coverage sacks or due to beating the tackle?

20. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

They we're probably coverage, but they weren't taking a ridiculous amount of time to get there. Then again, the Jets have a pretty nasty D-Line.

• Like Like x 1
  21. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

GUYS WHO ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE 3-4:
    it is extremely rare for a 3-4 to create pressure from it's DL, which is only 3 down linemen, lined up over the interior of the OL. The pass pressure in the 3-4 has always come from the OLBs. So, unless I'm misunderstanding your complaint, you're not going to get pressure from your DL in a 3-4. The Steelers' scheme that had everyone jumping on the 3-4 mixed in a lot of zone blitzes which intended to confuse the OL so that they never knew where the pressure was coming from. But it never created pressure from it's DL. They're primary purpose has always been to tie up the OL and let the LBs do the job.
    Just my .02...:bookworm:

P.S. Keep the change...

• Like Like x 6
  22. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

I used to only run a 4-3 but since picking the Chargers I've switched to their 3-4 and I love it I've actually gotten better pass rush from the 3-4.

23. thafuture3886

I know that and was referring to olbs

24. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Thank you Moe. Yes, 3-4 D-Lineman are typically gap stuffers, not penetrators. Watt is the exception.

The pressure usually comes from OLBs and MLBs. However, in the past i've noticed that even the LBs don't get home to the QB much so I will be looking out for that.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Like the guys above i cant seam to get any pressure on the QB even with a blitz. I also notice that while running it takes a long time for the player to get going and i guess it just feels very wierd. The line interaction is nice but I just cant seam to get pressure on the qb what so ever. I also had a few int in the end zone where my player just takes a knee when he has the entire field with no one in front, have you guys had that happen?