what are the settings going to be?

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by bringbackjimmy, Sep 12, 2011.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i would like all-pro.
    8 min qtrs 20 sec run off

2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

That sounds fine to me.

I will go with the group.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Last year we were all pro 8 minutes with 15 sec runoff I believe.

We will probably always be between 7-9 minutes with some runoff.

The real question is all-madden or all-pro. Has anyone played any PvP's on All Madden?

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I have not. I have played a ton of all-pro and it plays well. The bigger question is do we need it at all-pro in case someone has to play the CPU? All-Madden has been insane in the past and if someone has to play the CPU, it shouldnt be an auto loss because the CPU has unreal ability.

5. Keller

Should it be an auto win on all pro though?

I agree I hate the CPU on all madden too but the debate can go either way. I'm mainly concerned with PvP's on either difficulty.

6. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I havent played many games on all pro against the CPU. Time for some testing tonight.

7. Jason T.

Jason T. Walk On

I currently only play with realistic sliders I got from another site, (games/stats are pretty realistic). I've played both all pro and all madden only against CPU's as I don't play online because of the cheesers. I will say this about both settings though, unless game speed is changed to slow, everything is pretty unrealistic. Almost every tackle is a big AKA shoulder charge and most animations aren't even used. If you turn speed down to slow it's a whole different story. Everything is much smoother, you don't say peton hillis getting trucked over by CB's, more gang tackle animations are used and other break tackle animations. Maybe it's just us few hardcore sim guys, but I can't stand all madden due to simple fact of 35 big hits a game plus 1.4 ypc a game. OH, not to mention if speed threshold is set to 50 you will cussing up a storm at the amount of times you get pulled down from behind by a lineman you shouldve easily passed.

Main difference I've noticed between two levels with no slider tweaking is the big hits are ramped up as hell and it's almost impossible to run the ball on all madden. God forbid you don't have an offensive line (smh). But on same token, if you have superior o-line and great RB, you easily get 150-200 a game. But not many teams have that set up if any. I only did because of fantasy draft where I drafted O-line and RB with 1st 5 picks.

8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i have played some community gameson all-madden since thats what shaun left it on. It's not terrible, but i believe you get a much better game on all-pro.

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

the running game is terrible on all-madden atleast for me. Felix and Hillis were shut down. Hillis couldn't even pick up 4th and inches..it turns into a passing fest as both teams just abandon the run..

10. Keller

Unfortunately we cannot change the speed - I believe the default is one notch below normal but don't quote me on that.

11. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Agreed. That's my vote. And I like 9 minute quarters. Also slow speed is nice, but doesn't matter either way

12. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

All-PRO is the way to go! I've been playing on All-Madden in PvP games and it's just brutal. Gameplay is awful. Everyone is on meth it seems. Like most have said. with the tackling + game speed + All Madden= unrealistic

13. PAgamer07

Yeah the new tackling animations are non existant on all-madden same with NCAA if you take them higher than 50

14. Jason T.

Jason T. Walk On

Actually now that you mention it, I heard it was on slow also. That is a great thing, as you actually have time to react and dont get shoulder charged 5 yards backwards every other play. All pro will post best game and stats. Maybe they will patch up All Madden but dont believe EA patches anything xept rosters.

15. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I played with the 49ers on All-Madden and averaged 6.2 ypc with Gore (no runs north of 35 yds on close to 30 carries.) I'm biased because I prefer a defensive game....my vote would be all-madden but I'll go with the masses...

16. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I think on either All-Pro or All-Madden running will be heavy this year. In my opinion, running is much easier this year, when compared to passing. If you have a good back to start off with your going to be in good shape.

17. Jason T.

Jason T. Walk On

Exactly, try using a team with not so good back/line a few times and see what you get. 1 game doesn't always reflect. But like everyone else, I'll go with whatever setting. I adapt easily.

18. PAgamer07

I would like to see at least another minute or 2 added to the clock. The amount of plays are off and the game just doesnt feel right. Too short.

19. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Now that you mention it; it seems the games are shorter, even though we are using the same amount of time per quarter as last years game. If I remember correctly I averaged almost 55 plays a game. My first game vs SD I think I ran 36 plays.

20. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Agreed...games are flying by. There were only 11 total drives in my first game; and one team was held to 30 total offensive yards!!

21. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I can't remeber how much clock run off was in my game, but maybe setting it to 15 (if its at 20) or adding 1 minute to each quarter should improve the experience.

22. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Keller

Yeah I felt my game was wayy too short also guys, I think it lasted maybe 45 mins. I think the run-off is the problem; try 15 if it's currently at 20.

23. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I also felt the game was a little short. It also seemed sluggish, not sure if that was game speed or latency.

24. Keller

Its at 15 though I read somewhere a glitch keeps it at 20 no matter what.

In my game I felt like it was fine so I'm not sure how I feel yet. Let's leave others some time to continue to weigh in.

25. Keller

We cannot change the game speed. Thank EA for that one