What Conferences Are We Using?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, May 24, 2012.

?

Which combination

Poll closed May 31, 2012.
  1. SEC/ACC

62.5%
  2. B1G/Big XII

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Big XII/ACC

37.5%
  4. B1G/ACC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm going to go SEC/Big XII. I like the team selection more and drool at the idea of all of us fighting for the majority of the recruits in the South-East. I would return to banning 6 star schools, which would mean everyone but Oklahoma would be open in the Big XII and just LSU and Bama would probably be off limits in the SEC.

3. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Would 6* teams be off limits for every conference? It will sway my vote

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'd vote that they would be off limits.

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    What teams would be added to Big 12?

Could I suggest Troy be one of them?

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Correct, for the low reading comprehension league participants out there, Big12/ACC = Big12/SEC

I bet you'd understand if it was a chili receipe fireman! haha

8. Darkwing

Damn..I wanted to see if u'd be pressed to take UM #1 lol
    Of course that would set up The Game as I would take tOSU.
    dakota7 I like recruiting with my Buckeyes ;)

9. Darkwing

Even though they are the 2 most liked conferences...smh

10. GoGators

Do they have any bowl tie ins together? The acc/big12 that is.

11. dakota7

I don't use a recipe...haha

I didn't ask because I didn't understand, I asked because I prefer the Big 12 paired with either the ACC or the PAC 12, and neither is an option.

12. GoGators

Ah. I'd say I'm kind of with you. Since there's literally zero chance I use Florida, there really aren't any SEC teams I'd be interested in. I'd possibly be Missouri but I was just in the SEC in `11 so I'd like a different conference. Bill and Darkwing have made it clear they don't want to be in the SEC and I'm not certain what Edge's position is.

I think the reason the ACC/Big 12 combination has been shot down is because it spreads us out way too much. It puts guys up in the NE with the likes of BC and Syracuse while having teams as far West as Oklahoma and south as Texas. So that setup covers a lot of the US.

If we didn't want the SEC, I could see the ACC/B1G as a possibility. It's still a bit spread out but at least we'd have some overlap with the NE schools.

13. GoGators

Whatever you're thinking though you better get your rally cry together quickly cause there's already 4 votes for SEC/ACC so one more and this things over.

14. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Unless they add more options and we vote again. Maybe some people only voted for ACC SEC because their true option wasn't there (I'm not talking about myself).

15. GoGators

Sure sounds like you are haha.

16. dakota7

I actually think its too early to decide on which two conferences we use. We have our basic set up in place, we should be waiting on team prestiges and I do think the three new guys should have a vote on which conferences we use.

17. GoGators

You're so considerate.......except when it's 3rd and 8 with 1:20 left and you're up two scores......jackass!!!

18. jello1717

I'm not. My vote will always be for the ACC/SEC combo.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GoGators

I'm torn. If we use ACC I feel locked into Clemson because I won't want Jello to take them (and I know that glory grabber undoubtedly will if he can....bama.....really hahaha). But at the same time I feel like Clemson will be too good this year. They had a great team last year and they were quite young. This year they'll be even better and I'd imagine EA bumps them to a 5 star.

If I'm not Clemson the only other team that interests me in the ACC is Duke and maybe BC/Syracuse, but those are a stretch. I like Texas Tech, KSU, ISU, TCU, and the possibility of using SMU in the Big 12 a lot. So I guess I'm leaning more Big 12. But I will say this, playing in the Big 12 is a bitch because all the CPU teams run hurry up air raid type offenses and you know how cheesy the CPU is with that stuff.

20. Darkwing

That be me

21. Darkwing

I thought we could custom set those...either orange or fiesta bowl would work for me

22. jello1717

That's only 1 bowl. As an example, I think the B1G and SEC have 2 non BCS tie ins. Make the Rose Bowl B1G and SEC and there's 3 user bowl games.

23. jello1717

With as much as I'd love Clemson, it's very unlikely that I'd take a non 3* team. I won more NCs with 3* ASU than I did with 6* Michigan 2 years ago in this OD so using someone better wouldn't be a challenge.

I wasn't serious about Alabama. I only picked them to fuck with UofC. (The same is true of my picks of TAMU and USCJr.) I never thought that anyone would think I was serious about Bama, let alone everyone. I Hate Bama. I loathe Saban almost as much as I do RichieRod. There's be no challenge in using them. As Masler seemed to be the only one to notice (or at least mention it) I made a huge stink about needing a team with a mobile QB and that is soooooo not Alabama. I was gonna choose UGA (since they're in UofC's division, but I wanted to choose the most outlandish, obviously joking team out there. The enjoyment I got out of that pick vastly outweighed the time it took to think it up!

24. dakota7

C'mon now.....I just wanted to take a knee.

25. dakota7

Well, we always complain about CPU staying competitive.....maybe a little cheese would help them out?