What defense?

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by tbishop82, Aug 20, 2012.

1. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

Guys I'm getting slaughtered by the pass. What gives? Is it the learning curve? Im mixing up coverages, blitz, no blitz...just can't figure it out. It's bad in Z2H but even worse in Z2HHE. No insider trade secrets, but I'm open for suggestions! Frustrated.

2. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

What position are you playing on defense. That's the best place to start. I think you played lb but I'm not sure. If you do make sure you play your role. If your suppose to be in a Zone covering an area be there. If not the CPU will find it and burn you.

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

4. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Yep sabo is correct, Ford, Capp and Hal are the defensive masters. Each plays different but all successful.

Ive used all of the formations 34, 43, 425, 334 and they are are good and bad to me. Pick one and learn the plays inside and out. Also have get your audibles down. There many times I change my def at the last minute based on what im seeing. But you have to have them memorized because the cpu will not give you time to audible and look at your choices.

If you are having issues with messing up your coverage as a DB or LB drop down to DE or DT. I did that last year and you can create havoc in the backfield.

Work on getting your timing down for user picks. Ford is one of the best Ive seen at this. Its not hard yo just have to get the timing right on the button sequence.

And last do like I do when Im working on something. I play a play now game vs the cpu pick a B rated team and face an A rated team and set it to 15 min Qtrs. The play the side you want to work on and super sim the other. This way you get alot of chances and it does not take forever to do it.

5. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I believe HE is using our first year sliders from Z2H. We adjusted the sliders for season 2 of Z2H. In Z2H, we raised the user pass defense slider for this season so that could be a factor if you're judging it off of HE and season 1 of Z2H.

Anyway, I try to play bend but don't break defense with some situational blitzing. Zone coverage doesn't work very well this year, so if you're running a lot of zone, then that could be a problem.

6. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

Thanks guys. I usually play as a DL because I was getting beat as a ILB bc I was too aggressive. My base is a 3-4 But I end up using 3-3-5 most of the time due to no huddle four wide sets. Good advice on user picks. I've had very few. I got torched today for over 500 yards and I tried everything it seemed.

7. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

The first thing you have to do is know what your defenders are capable of, it sounds simple but so many people the play exact same style regardless of personnel. If you have corners who have average coverage skills you should not be leaving those guys on a island versus good receivers.

Pay attention to what your opponent is trying to do you have to pick up on tendacies or you will be dead in the water. You also have to pay attention to where you are on the field, I personally have a few plays I will only use in the redzone, inside the ten, or left or right hash.

I also think you can make more of an impact on the game if you with a safety or LB just don't over play and pay attention to situations.

The last and most important thing is you have to keep the offense guessing which has been made easier this year since man align actually works. Show different fronts, shift the line some, next time shift the backers, after that bring a safety in the box, as long as the offense doesn't know exactly what your in you will have success.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Man this is all really good info!!! You better believe I'm taking notes.

9. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On