What determines if you get broken tackles?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by jello1717, Sep 28, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Shaun Mason Drifterbub or anyone else that might know--

In NCAA '14 I've played through 7 seasons with Michigan and in my OD through 3 seasons as Illinois. I've had 99 OVR HBs with Michigan and I've had guys with 99 BTK and ELU and high 90s TRK. The most broken tackles a Michigan guy has had in a season is 14, but most of those were on returns. The most a non-returner has gotten was a big power back who had 6 BTKs on 160 carries. With Illinois my power back had the most BTKs with 8 in 211 carries.

I just started a new dynasty as the OC for ULL. Here are my #1 HB (Harris) and #2 HB (Reed):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Harris has 9 BTKs in 125 carries so he's on par with my best ever. Reed (who doesn't return kicks and runs from the same formations as my #1) has 29 BTKs on only 42 carries!!!!!!! I've poured over his ratings and I can't see anything about him (unless it's his small stature or something weird like that) that would indicate why he has so many more BTKs than anyone else I've had.

Compare him to my resident Michigan stud:
    [​IMG]

who in his career only has 5 BTKs in 165 carries.

I use the same sliders in both dynasties.

What is it about Reed that has him getting so many more BTKs than guys VASTLY more talented than him?

Thanx!

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I wish I had an answer to this. That's strange LOL.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    A few observations:

1) I assume the teams on average you were playing against as Michigan had players with better tackle ratings. While your opponents at ULL likely had much less tackle ratings.

2) I don't think the games criteria for a broken tackle is always necessarily recorded. This could be for a number of reasons (not counting stiff arms, jukes, trucks. Not counting broken tackles where your guy bounces right into another tackler, etc).

I would assume these are during the same time period? Just eliminating the possibility that this could be played on different patches.

Broken tackles are a function of ratings, but are vastly skewed by sliders.

4. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

jello1717 could it be the lower tackle rating of the kick cover squad along with better timed moves in relation to the proximity of the defenders?

5. jello1717

1) I thought about that as a reason for Michigan and Illinois having fewer BTKs than ULL. But that doesn't explain the extreme difference between my 2 HBs on the same ULL team. Also there are other users in the Experience with lots more BTKs than my guys.

2) I don't think it's jukes or spins or stiff arms or anything like that since I have no stick skills and rarely do any types of moves.

3) Michigan has spanned different patches but the 98 OVR dude I posted above is on the same patch as ULL and I use the same sliders for both dynasties. The main question is why the vast difference between Harris and Reed. I'd LOVE to be able to find certain attributes to pursue while recruiting to find guys that can break tackles.

6. jello1717

I absolutely have my KR/PR guys get more BTKs, but none of the guys above, including the BTK machine Reed return kicks/punts for me.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Reed has a higher Juke move than trucking, so mathematically he is going to break more tackles. Players with Trucking > Juke will trigger truck animations. Players with Juke > Trucking will trigger juke/shifty animations.

That probably is the reason.

8. jello1717

Okay I feel pretty retarded. :confused::oops::facepalm:

I'm ULL's OC so I only get to control offense which means no special teams either. Because of that I've never bothered to check stats except for offense.

Today I paid enough attention to the supersim window to see that Reed was my PR. I checked his stats (don't ask me why I didn't check this earlier) and see that he's returned 24 kicks and 20 punts so far this season (which is more than his 42 carries). Obviously that's where he's getting most of his BTKs. Not only is he returning kicks, but he's returning them in SUPERSIM.

DUH!

Thanx for the help guys.

• Like Like x 3
  9. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Broken tackles don't record in game well for some reason. I've had a 250lb RB get at least 10 broken tackles in a game and he'll have 1 in the stats.