What do we do about this?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

What do we do about this?

Ok guys - here's the situation:

Basis and I were playing a good one. We made plays ... we made mistakes ... and then the connection severed. Here's where the game stood:

The score was 21-10 in favor of OSU. I had just scored after a turnover late in the first half. There were 28 seconds left in the half, Basis had 2 timeouts, and I was getting the ball after halftime.

While I don't mind playing the game over, I did kind of show my hand. Someone who plays me again will have a pretty good idea what I'm going to do. I don't know. In the end, I guess there's no real way to duplicate the game situation. I wish there was, but there isn't. I just hope I'm able to do it again.

Any thoughts?

AG

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I would just play another half and add the score to the one from the half you basically completed. You get the ball to start.

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Thats great, the computer will only count a half. :rolleyes: Not sure, I'll think about this and post in the morning. It's been a long night.

4. Razcalking1978

Well, after the first half you figure out who "wins", and you let that person win.

Or you start over completely. Disconnects are becoming so frequent that coming up with new solutions every time seems impossible and subjective.

I think it's time to come up with hard, defined rules for any potential situation. Things like:

1. Any disconnect in the first/second quarter and the game is replayed. If you think the person quit on purpose, report it to the commish.

2. If there is a second disconnect by the same person, the other player has the choice of finishing the game vs. the CPU, restarting again, or simming. If both players get disconnected, the playing winning at the time makes the choice between restarting and simming.

3. Any disconnect in the third or fourth quarter, the other player has the choice of finishing the game vs. the CPU, restarting, or simming. If both players get disconnected, the playing winning at the time makes the choice between restarting and simming.

5. Razcalking1978

Tradition Football has this to say about it:

"TT expects all owners to have a reliable, high-speed ISP. If you are having any type of Internet trouble, please do not start the game until the problem is resolved."

6. Razcalking1978

In thinking about this overnight, I would add a fourth rule:

4. If a player disconnects in the first or second quarter and is losing by 14 or more, the other player has the option of finishing the game vs. the CPU, restarting, or simming the game.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The only fair thing to do is play it over. We were both on great connections, and there was virtually no lag. We both stayed connected to xbox live even though our game got the boot; this was NOT a disconnect issue, and there is no blame either way. I had only showed about 50% of my offense and 80% of my defense to that point. If we can put it back to me having the ball on the 40 with 25 seconds to go in the half and me with 2 time-outs, down 21-10, that would be ideal. Why EA cannot program something into the game like WINDOWS does for auto-recovery or whatever is beyond me, since it was their fault this all happened.

Ugh.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

If you really want to do this correctly...........you both get on the mic and play the game and get the score to 21-10 in favor of OSU..........try and get so he gets the ball back with around 30 secs left. You can do that!!

I have done this before in Madden league games.....

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I would be in favor of this. AG and I both utilize our mics, so this is worth a shot.