What do we do now?

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 22, 2011.

?

What to do?

1. EA has f'd us in the ass over this, may as well lay down and enjoy it (wait and hope)...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Restart since we may have to anyway...

100.0%
  1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Guys, I for one have zero desire to just sit on my ass waiting for EA to fix this so we can move on, so I want to know who else would be interested in running a rebooted dynasty using the Pac-12/B1G/SEC. Those who want to stay at their original teams could do so, while we would need 4 teams to switch conferences to make it work.

The upside of this idea is that:
    • We get to at least continue playing waiting for EA to release a patch that may or may not fix the problem.
    • Should the patch or whatever not fix what's apparently wrong with our file we would then be at least partway through a season in the new dynasty. If the patch fixes it we could ditch the new one and chalk it up to practice or whatever.
    This all of course assumes that I still can't get in the file tonight. I'll be 100% honest, if this thing isn't fixed by the end of the week, I'm far more likely to go trade NCAA in than I am to wait around for it to be fixed. Video games are my last vice really, and I need the break for my sanities sake.

Please vote
    Cheez
    gowazzucougs
    Jayrah
    recchem2000
    Roogy
    Danthraxxx
    bucsfan047
    Corey Volting
    Colemanchu
    JFace907
    whygodwhy1111

2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I say knock out the restart now, but still keep the original file just in case.

3. Dru50

BTW - if we elect to restart, I will be moving and I want LSU. I took last pick when we kicked this thing off originally, so call that commish prerogative.;)

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

My vote is to let the dust settle for a day or two. Maybe (unlikely, but maybe) we can get some information about the patch or something in the mean time. If by, say Wednesday, we have nothing to go on - then restart.

If we do restart, I want to see how things shake out in the Big Ten. I would like to go to Illinois (because I'm a masochist), but I'm not going to play PSU, Wisconsin, and Ohio State users every season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

I say we restart and keep the original file just in case. If we do that, we have nothing to lose really (well unless this shit continues to make it unplayable). I also would like to move teams.

6. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Restart and keep original file. If a fix comes we can go from there. I have nothing to do but play MK until Madden comes out. I'll go crazy with boredom. Vote for restart if you care about the safety off my neighbors.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Why not have someone who isnt a commish restart the new league and let our "real" dynasty marinate a few days or until the patch comes out. We can play in the new OD until we see the patch. If it fixes our old OD, then great. If not, at least we'll have a few weeks into our do-over.

Does that make sense? It did in my head but my not come out right on paper

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Great minds think alike :)

9. Cheez

I, for one, like carnage and chaos. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

Sounds perfect to me and I agree wholeheartedly.

11. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Forgot to mention on restart I'd take Michigan if their division didn't have all 3 other teams, but I may try running the spead in Oregon, for a complete change.

12. Dru50

Someone else would have to host it - I didn't pay for the right to commish more than one, and I'm damn sure not doing it now.

Your thinking is what I was proposing - start over and if the original file gets fixed, great, we can continue. If not, then we have a head start on the new league.

13. Cheez

If we are going to three conferences, then there would be two users per division:

Pac 12 North:
    -user-
    -user

Pac 12 South
    Recchem2000 - UCLA
    -user-

Big 10 Leaders
    -user-
    -user-

Big 10 Legends
    Cheez - Illinois
    -user-

SEC East
    -user-
    -user-

SEC West
    Dru50 - LSU
    -user-

14. Cheez

I believe I can host it.

15. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I dont want to call Michigan because I believe Jface has a right to use Ohio State if he wants, or WHygod to use Penn State. I'll take Oregon.

16. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

Hey hey hey, no claiming teams yet with the exception of Dru until he comes out with the proper process! I think we need to figure out who is staying with their current team before we get to the new teams.

17. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

im probably leaving nebraska if i get the chance...depending on who is available in the pac and sec

18. Cheez

:( you're killin' me roogs

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Right, thats what I couldnt spit out of my brain onto paper correctly. I can't cause I got the Night Owls.

20. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

If and when the patch comes out... would we vote for which dynasty to keep or would it be presumed that we are going back to the original? Attatching to a team is difficult.

21. Cheez

I think that the presumption is that we would go back, but i really dont know.

22. Dru50

I would think we'd have to discuss as a group and figure out if we stay with old one or the new one. Obviously how long it takes EA to get it fixed would be a big part of the decision.

23. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

It would depend for me on how long it took to fix our original Dynasty. If I get attached to my new team because we make it to season 2 or later, I'd probably want a vote.

24. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I like idea of starting new one in case we are fucked , and I have spot avail to play Dru50 part (insert soap oper voice over "playing the part of Dru50 this week will be Danthraxxx")

25. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I'm down to restart and host it so we can keep the old one alive if a fix comes. I will wait on team selection procedure before showing my hand