What do we do now?

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by gowazzucougs, Sep 15, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Colemanchu
    recchem2000
    Cheez
    Darr27z
    Jayrah
    whygodwhy1111
    sreese
    Danthraxxx
    bucsfan047

since i am tired of getting PMs about this, I am going to start a thread. We need to decide a couple of things, first are we continuing this dynasty or packing shop? I assume we are continuing on, we are like a model premiere dynasty for this site. Premiere and non premiere dynasties should look to us in terms of advancing, and content.

Second, should Darr be allowed to switch teams. Recchem and my opinions are kinda bias issue because the last thing he and I want is to deal with an user controlled SC team. They are fucking tough already, and with a user they are almost unbeatable. Darr originally wanted Utah, but this fucking game, has taken his pipeline bonuses for that school. The real problem with being in the PAC-12 is that after Oregon, USC, and Stanford there is a bunch of mediocre teams, that does not currently have the same cache as the Big 10 teams. Excluding Stanford and USC, the four other user teams are 3 star programs, and it is going to take a fucking miracle for mine to stay at 3 star level. If we gave Darr USC he would probably beat Cheez annually in the conference championship game if Cheez stayed at Stanford. Which may be entertaining. :)

Third, are we going to add new members? This is a difficult issue because there is not many good premiere members available, and in addition they have to be able to keep our hours, which most of the candidates cannot do. As recchem says we have Mexi as a candidate, and I have contacted a member in my dynasty, and I may contact another who lives in on the west coast about joining. That is probably the list.

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i say let darr move, if we add a new guy they are going to pick usc anyways so..........

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Once I am officially commish, I will send out a posting that we have spots available in the league openings forum. I dont want to promise anyone anything about getting in until i have had my chance to review them, though.

Cougs, you are absolutely right about new members. I'd prefer to roll with 12, but if I add someone they are going to have to at least have a positive recommendation from somebody. Now, if you say they are good enough, then I'll probably take your word on it if I dont see any concerns myself. However, I'm not going to bring someone in here on a whim.

I'm not really a big fan on switching teams, and personally I think it would be more fun / competitive (in that division) if Darr stayed at Arizona. And as many can attest to, I'm not the greatest player and can be beat - so even though I have a 5 star prestige, I might not run away from you guys. However, if the league votes that he can change teams, then I wont put up a fight with it. As commish, I will not vote - but I felt that it was important that I state my opinion on the matter.

Also, it appears that a couple of cougs' tags did not work in the original post, so

Jayrah
    bucsfan047

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

CONTINUE!!!

Pac 12 needs to work out the team stuff for themselves. They should either let dar move or not let any new person take USC. witch leaves Utah, ASU, and Colorado.

btw NJ finally unlocked for me, so they may have fixed that bug.

5. gowazzucougs

Or did you sign 4 or more new players to unlock it?

6. Cheez

Darr's potential move from Arizona to USC - effective immediately:

Yes: Recchem, Cole
    No: Reese, Cougs

7. sreese

sreese Walk On

We are rolling on! I dont think we should be able to switch teams. If we are allowed to switch teams, i would think it would only be fair to start all over. Im sure cougs wouldnt want this, sorry cougs just my thoughts. Are the problems still there with the new od's? Mainly the transfer failed at bowl season? Thats the main problem i have with this game. I would rather not have custom playbooks but understand why some of you love them, so if they dont work thats not a deal breaker for me. But not being able to have some control over my bowl out come could become a problem!

Hell ive been waiting for like 2 hours in fear of tf in night owls bowl game. Sadly i know im gonna lose but i just fear the TF!!

Anyone find it kinda wierd or maybe ironic that everyone used to call this site "tf", now it has a whole new meaning or does it?

8. sreese

sreese Walk On

I think, i want to move to ohio st too?

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I signed about 8 players from NJ in the first 2 years. I do not know why it unlocked now, only noticeable difference I see is that all of the original guys are gone just the 10 I recruited remain.

10. Cheez

Darr had brought this up previously - and i feel comfortable allowing in considering he was forced off of his initial choice via glitch.

you have a 5 star program at iowa, and even though it may benefit me personally by having you leave - I think you should stay put.

11. gowazzucougs

I have a feeling we are not going to see TF tonight. Mark it down! As for us starting over/switching, I don't want to switch teams, because if anyone doesn't like their team it should be me. WSU is currently rated a C-, and C- on defense. My Idaho Vandals N.O team could put up 60 on this sorry ass team. What has killed this team is that the game rated the back ups as shit. I spent basically the first two seasons trying to recruit a quarterback because the one that should be the starter is rated like shit, even though in last season's game he was good.

• Like Like x 1
  12. gowazzucougs

How did I vote yes, I don't remember voting yes???

13. sreese

sreese Walk On

i dont really want to move but arent we going to have the same problem with ohio st in the big10? I mean it really makes sense for the pac 12 not to have usc and Oregon as user controled. Gives you all very good cpu games during your season. I feel the same way about ohio st, not sure there is another big 10 team that compares to these 3 schools. I can see it both ways but in fairness to ucla and washington st, who didnt pick the best team available,they should have atleast a shot at championship game!

14. Cheez

I skipped over the small section "the last thing" and just read you would rather have a user controlled SC team than not. I'll change it.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Because im going to beat CPU OSU like a red headed step child tonight (no offense to red headed step children).

Let Darr have USC...it will just give us more ammunition since im his new target anyways. I don't think we should keep them a CPU team and if/when we get replacements, someone is gonna take them more than likely. So Darr might as well.

16. sreese

sreese Walk On

I totally understand why you original guys dont want to change teams or start over. Thats another reason i dont think its fair for us too! Cougs i wanna hear your take on what i said about about usc and oregon. You and recc are really the only ones that matter.

Hell if you guys are ok with it why should i care!

17. gowazzucougs

A reason for USC staying a CPU team. In NOs last year, there was user for USC for a 1 1/2 seasons, and that team stayed competitive for the entire length of the game, I never beat them.

18. sreese

sreese Walk On

how many years? I just think those super power teams will stay competitive making this dynasty more fun. Only bad part about ohio st is thats really all whygod has to worry about in his division, i might be wrong about that.

19. Cheez

ummm...

I dont know if you've noticed, but Cole's building a nice little program in Madison.

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Wisconsin too but cole sucks so no big deal :D

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i always play penn st at the end of the season though and by then the luster of all my new recruits has worn off and i dont give two shits about the season anymore.

22. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I don't know if you guys took care of this or not, but i sold the game so fast i didn't even have a chance to resign In-Game. Could someone boot me if you already haven't?

BTW i will be creeping these boards like a mad man.

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Cougs and I picked the teams we did because those are our teams. So we pay for it, he more than I right now. I say we don't cut off any teams. More a challenge to beat a user controlled team than the CPU anyways. I may never beat USC but if I do and someone is controlling them, it will mean much more than beating them every year while controlled by the CPU.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I say let Darr move , and if Sreese moves I am ok with it too , Cole made a good point that new guys will take USC or oSU anyway so let's get guys we trust there first , just my 2 cents

25. Cheez

Maybe with new leadership that will change ;)