What do you guys want out of this dynasty?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bringbackjimmy, Nov 18, 2010.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I want this league to become one of the better dynasty on this site. I look at this dynasty and I see alot of great players. What I don't see is alot of forum participation(myself included). I know there has been some recruiting news that needs to be posted. Let's get some good ole thrash talk going...

So what do you want from the loc and what can we do as a league to make this a great league...

2. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I'm the new guy hear but this is my two cents worth. I am part of Trifecta and the key I think is forum participation. I think that is what sets the Premier leagues apart from the non-premier leagues. In Trifecta if we do not actively post on the forums then we will be kicked. We post full game summaries, we post team power rankings, players of the week, and season mvp award. This year we have started a Hall of Fame thread which allows each team to nominate a graduating senior or Jr leaving early to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. The key being the more posts and participation you have with the users the more you get to know each other and can build a good group to play with.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We have a great group but I think this dynasty got put on the back burner for alot of us (for whatever reason). I still enjoy it and love my Tigers right now. Im getting back into posting summaries now that I have some access at work again. I know that sounds bad but that is actually where I have the most "free" time on the computer.

I can talk trash all day long to Nik but I just cant back it up :) He keeps beating me and stealing all my recruits!

I can get the Top 25 recruit thing going again for season 4 or something else if anyone has any ideas. I dont want this thing to die. I'll even poke around my other 2 OD's to see if we can fill those 2 spots with some quality folks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Besides AIDS?

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I don't think this is going to die, we all play our games, we just need to commit ourselves to put forum content in this league. All of us are part of several dynasties, and for some reason or another this dynasty is the one that suffers. Commish, I think we just need you to assign people content responsibilities, like doing a power rankings, an all user team, we could formulate a conference championship where we award conference champion base on how the users do in nonconference games with other users.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I do need to step it up but it's hard because i don't have my own computer....hopefully that will change within the next week or so as i plan to buy a laptop.

Forum participation...I really like the dynasty though and I feel BBJ we have a stable commish.,

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Would it help if we went back to 2 conferences? Originally this was Southern Exposure with the SEC and ACC and I loved all the user games and rivals we had going. Seems with 3 conferences we kind of lost a little of that. I wouldnt say we should ditch the Big 12 because you guys have had the most stability of the 3 conferences. Just a thought. Im cool with the way things are conference wise just wondering if anyone else thought the same thing.

8. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I agree with the power rankings idea. Let the power rankings be more based on how a user does against other users. Like if a guy is 9-3, but 0-3 against users, he gets a lower ranking.

9. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I'm fine with the dynasty as is. Content doesn't interest me as much when there are so many cpu games and I never see most of the non-conference players. "Miami's WR is in line for the Biletnikoff? Well whadyaknow. I have not, nor will I ever, see that particular WR on the field but good for him."

but a user power ranking would be cool.

And to be honest, big time college football doesn't interest me all that much compared to smaller schools. If you win the Doak Walker with a :2stars: school it's a big deal. Here, not so much. But I'm a Sooner fan and I'll continue to enjoy winning 10 games a season with them.

BBJ, if you run LOC next year it might help to come up with a little bit of a theme. What makes this dynasty special? That's a question you or whoever runs LOC needs to ask themselves next year before deciding on teams. Or it could be a 'everybody pick your favorite team' dynasty kinda like it is now and that's cool too and why most aren't going anywhere. I appreciate you for taking the commish button and for trying to push the action but the stagnancy aint on you. This isn't anyone's primary dynasty.

So to answer your original question, I look to get a fun, mindless, big school dynasty that I don't have to think about to supplement my other small school, challenging league that fills most of my NCAA thoughts. That's why I hate the sliders! I want OU to feel like driving a Ferrari after commuting to work in a Taurus all week.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Nebraska ain't exactly my favorite school ;). But I do like this OD. Good job BBJ for saving it.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I think all things listed would be good for the league. I am going to do this week in the loc on advances that don't happen the night before work. I would like to know if we have some recruiters in here that would like to do a recruiting speacial each week . Could give some players some background maybe find sleeper recruits or do a story on a major player that just signed somewhere..

I wouldn't be against a 2 conf setup if every is for that. I know some players are starting to get vested in their teams though so It would probably have to be a unanimous decision as a group. I do believe it creates more rivalries than the three conference setup. I also wouldn't be against a 2 conf pick your team custom conference.

12. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'm kind of with Dylan on this one. This is most people's 2nd or 3rd dynasty and I just don't have that kind of time to add a ton of content. I enjoy the dynasty though and love playing with Texas but for me as long as the dynasty gets advanced in a timely manner I'm cool.