What does everyone here think about SPEED restrictions...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Mar 31, 2009.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

What does everyone here think about SPEED restrictions...

This is happening in another league Im in, and I think it is interesting to discuss. I know this league doesn't like the idea of recruiting restrictions as to the number of 5 and 4 star players you can sign, but what about speed restrictions?

I don't really have an opinion, just wondering what everyone else's thoughts are about this.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Its too late to start this now and we dont know about the new game yet as far as speed being as crazy as it is now. We can hope that things such as awr and str matter more in 2010.

The one thing that still exciting is recruiting, limit it and it will severely limit my intrest.

I am in a league that is brand new and it has limits in recruiting and I wanted to give it a shot and see how I would like it and its different. I sorta like it and every team and coach is starting off on level ground.

Just using my team as an example, I am already limited in intrest compared to most schools in recruiting, one thing I have going for me is that I can recruit lower stars who are fast and it helps me compete. That said the only place I really have speed now is RB and one WR and a couple CBs.

Being at a disadvantage in recruiting is one thing, not being able to recruit speed would make it impossible to be able to play with the big boys. I would just have slower lower star players.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I agree with Bruce. I don't think it would be very fair considering the number of speed players that are interested could be vastly different depending on the year and particular school.

With speed being the ONLY thing people are recruiting now, it does make it a little unfair. Hopefully they fix this issue by either being able to counter speed with strength or limiting the number of A+ and A speed guys to a more realistic number.

4. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

I also agree about setting limits but we should wait until the next game is out.

5. OMlawdog

I was certainly talking about 2010 and not this year' game. Its too late for speed restrictions in this year's game.

Im just wondering what everyone's thought process about next year's game and whether that is something we should consider.

I agree with Drifter I hope they limit the impact speed has on the game.

Recruiting restrictions aren't the end all for recruiting, it makes recruiting more detailed and instead of spending 5-10 minutes on recruiting you have to spend a little more time. Also it lets the CPU recruit the super fast players which helps those teams have a little more pop when we play them.

Everyone knows the CPU is pretty much a joke, and this would help them.

6. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

ugh.....
    pfft... ugh....

hold on while i throw up on myself...

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Well, the CPU would have superfast players if we didn't steal them from them. I think only being able to recruit players that have you in their top 10 is one way around this as well. Plus, it seems only four or five of us have any luck doing that anyway.

8. JrRawlins

players are gonna go whereever they want to go....regardless of how much time you drop into them, some players outside of your top 10 just genuinely might not be interested in your school.... the rule you cant rule players who arent in your top 10 is terrible in my opinion... if you are a lower rated team you have ZERO shot at recruiting a 5 star player unless they are from one of your pipeline states... if you are really interested in a player you should be able to go after him.... i agree their should be some restrictions... like the scholarship restrictions, i agree with the ramifications that if you recruit a bumm you are stuck with him.... I think the speed restriction would be worse... hopefully they change the game, but every team is different some teams are loaded with speed and still lose.... others load up on skilled players and do their thing.....

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Players are not going to go wherever they want to go. There have been several players that have been swiped from CPU teams when no users are interested.

I wasn't suggesting it more than I was just proving a point. Everyone wants to CPU to be more competitive yet complain about slider changes (not directing this at anyone) or continue to recruit studs who would have went to a CPU team.

10. JrRawlins

I have openly said we should move to Heisman, or up the CPU sliders..... changing USER sliders will not make the CPU better.... i know others are against this but it is the only way to make the CPU more competitive....

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

well they adding in better pursuit angles so speed guys finding the corner will be alot tougher this yr..Let' tinker with '10 a yr or 2 and go from there...

12. OMlawdog

I just think sliders only go so far. The best games against the CPU that I have played have been against CPU teams that are loaded with talent.

I understand the issue if you are a small school and want to be able to recruit who ever you want, but the problem with this game is that a top 25 player overall with 4.2 speed can be convinced to pick a team that is no where near that player's choice of schools.

I guess the question is what do we want? If we want the CPU games to actually be competitive instead of us trying to keep the score under 70 which it is now, I think the way to prevent that is having some form of recruiting restrictions unless the CPU recruiting becomes much better next year, right now it is terrible.

The way I know it is terrible is that out of the 5 star recruits last year, I can think of only a handful that didn't sign with USER players, and some of those were by choice (4.4 speed HB). That is simply not believable.

One year, I think Wisky and Illinois combined for 15 five star players, KSU signed 4 to 5 players who's speed was under 4.24, one year with Ole Miss I signed 5 players who's speed was under 4.22.

With no regulations on speed, the CPU games will and have become a joke. Im pretty certain that between JR, Drifter, BBJ, Myself, we haven't lost to the CPU in 4-5 years in the game. In the last 4 years I haven't had a CPU game be within 21 points.

Like I said, Im up for pretty much anything, and though I understand the issue with taking a smaller school and making them competitive is tough with recruiting restrictions in place, but it is equally hard keeping a good school good, if there are restrictions in place that doesn't let the OSU's of the world sign 10 five star players.

Just something to think about.

13. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

im all for it.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I have to disagree. Changing the User sliders may not make the CPU better, but it does cut down on the ridiculous stats we have every year. I think both need to happen. A move to Heisman is in order, but the question is, when and to what set we move to...

15. theSANDMAN215

i say we move to heisman now. as in you change it now, so next week it starts. we are just demolishing the cpu left and right. i'm not saying we won't do it on heisman, but we should at least give it a shot.

as for a set of sliders, unless The Tradition 1 (i thought they moved to heisman) has a set, I say we just use the ones we are using now and change as needed.

16. JrRawlins

While the four or five guys you mentioned arent losing the the CPU, the rest of the players in the dynasty are.... and thats why i am so against changing the USER sliders.... i agree we have to change something about the CPU gameplay... but changing the USER sliders is only going to make things harder for the players who are already struggling... At that point would the game even be fun anymore especially after 8 months of heavy heavy gameplay for them? Make the CPU tougher absolutely..i am all for it.. lowering our own abilities.... nah thats not for me.....

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think making the CPU better or messing with the USER sliders isn't going to change a whole lot for the guys who aren't scoring 60 a game. It's going to make it harder for them regardless.

18. JrRawlins

Huh? :confused: if you change the USER sliders you make the players worse..... if you change the CPU sliders you make the CPU better across the board without affecting the USER... While its make it harder for all the USERS, it doesnt penalize the guys who arent scoring 60 points a game, by making their QB less accurate or their RB break less tackles.... it makes the CPU make more tackles or make better reads on passes.....

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    What's the difference?

I don't get it. It's a scale system. You either make the CPU better or the User teams less competitive to even it out. Either way you tip it, everyone moves up and down.

We all know that having a QB with 95 THA and 80 THA makes no difference, so outside of speed, the skill of your players do not matter in NCAA 2009.

Plus, it has less to do with how good the user offense is and how many INTs you can create on defense. After the second or third interception, the CPU QB is mostly ineffective for the rest of the game (after taking out the ROBO drives) because he is rattled.

I'm not arguing that we should just lower user sliders, but 90% efficiency from a QB is more unrealistic than scoring 60 points.

20. BRUCE80

I wanted to add...

Some games we struggle against the cpu at zona. We havent lost one yet but could have a couple times.

You up the ante there and we start losing those games along with being over matched team wise in most user games not sure how much fun it would be...

We take pride in being in most user games in TT2.

Just an idea here, I wouldnt mind moving around in the dynasty and taking some down trodden ex power and trying to build them up again.

At this point couldnt we make some adjustments team wise? I wouldnt blame, JR, OM, Drifter or some of the others with fantastic teams built if they wanted to stay.

But we could make this intresting again with a few minor tweaks.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I may be in the running for one five star player that no other user wants or spends much time on and then some decent four star guys.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    We are only scheduled to make it to season 9 or maybe 10. Do you think that you can build a team enough to have any fun with it in such a short period of time?

I've built from a terrible Iowa team, and it's something I'm proud of. But it took a few seasons, even with the help of players like Jamie Curry and Courtney Hill.

22. BRUCE80

Just throwing it out there Drifter. I dont know about what anyone else would think about it. I do know I am tired of the Pac Ten.

And no offense to anyone here....but....Arizona was in really bad shape, what three or four seasons in when I took over.

I have had them two seasons...so your point is well taken. But it might be more fun for me and maybe someone else if we mixed it up.

If not no big deal...just an idea.

23. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'll put my two cents in as one of the guys that sucks. I can see Bruce's point about wanting to switch it up. He's probably bored with 'Zona. Personally, I want to get this damn Washington team to more bowl games before we switch over to '10. I'm obviously not going to get heading to the national title game with any team that I would have, but there are still goals to be reached even with the shitty teams. I somehow managed to get Washington down to a 68 OVR as a team. I think I need to learn how to recruit better.

24. theSANDMAN215

yea i love Oregon State. We may never win a national title, but they are fun to play with now that I have the players needed for my offense.

25. JrRawlins

Bruce if you to switch to the Big 12 after this season let me know i would be willin to move to the Pac-10 and maybe grab Stanford or Oregon... if drifter was ok with it... i would be willing to move.....