What Happened to the Long Road of Hardship?

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by IXI DECAY IXI, Aug 20, 2011.

1. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

So this being my first dynasty on Tradition Sports, I am very excited to be a part of this league and I find myself looking at it everyday.

Although, something is kinda bugging me just a little bit and I wanted to get it out there and seek some opinions on it. In the beginning, I remember a post stating that we should be prepared for the long road ahead and be prepared for a ton of losses...

Now I don't know much about NCAA 12 just yet as I havn't played a TON of games yet. But I look now as we are almost heading to week 3 and team like Michigan and Oregon have already lost to our 1 star schools? I'm just really curious as to how this is possible? Our players on are team are not that good...

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

No, but some of our user legitimately ARE that good. Hokie is for a fact that good and I hate him for it (asshole).

Week 1 is an ANOMALY because of the settings, we deal with that and move on. Its all about the user and with that we must TRUST that players WILL NOT cheese the CPU although unfortunately there are always some that will.

I really don't see the big deal, some will struggle mightily this year, some peoples user skills can overcome some of it though. Plus, that disclaimer also served as a way to run off the front-runners who only want to play with 6* teams and I think for the mostpart it worked and got us a pretty good core group here so far.

I am THRILLED you are loving TSO so far though, this is one damn fine place to play and meet some pretty cool cats along the way. I wouldn't worry too much about it yet though personally, and don't ever take Hokie into your calculations, fucker won 7 National Titles in the Trifecta last year lol.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Thanks for tooting my horn Jman :D. Trust me beating Oregon was no easy task. The key to beating a better team is patience. I really try to establish a running game and you have to mix it up. Dives, offtackles, counters, powers, draws, and tosses. But don't steer away. Passing is already tough enough this year, balance is key. Run playaction. As long as the D isn't blitzing someone will be open. If you suspect blitz audible and avoid the guarentte sack. Know your pass plays and don't force anything. A punt is better than a turnover.

I think beating a cpu spread offense isn't that difficult. I have TCU and Iowa next so I will check back in and let you know.

Not sure what to tell you guys when I leave UL-M after season 2 for a 5-6* BCS school, but I will honor the scoring cap....

4. Jman

Asshole! haha

I'll hold you to that though, seriously, 0-77 may make me jump off of something.

5. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Yea. I hear ya! Lol.

I was just sitting their playing my first game of the year against Tulsa and I myself am all about a balanced attack so even though they started killing me in the 2nd quarter, I just stuck with my attack and have no idea how I came back and won that game against them. But I'm like damn, I'm barely beating Tulsa and these cats are beating Michigan and Oregon.

I guess it's looks as if I'm screwed! Lol! Congrats on your win though Hokie and all I have to say is I'm glad your not in my conference!

6. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Yeah good stuff guys I also just wanted to add that although this is my first year on TSO I have playe this game for years. In that time I have never got as lucky as I did vs Michigan. I was getting throttled but a lucky bounce on the onside kick saved me. It really was crazy!

7. Hokie Effect

Oregon- Check
    TCU- Check

8. annil8tion

annil8tion Walk On

Auburn- check

you're not the only one taking down top 25s :p

9. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Also, this isn't exactly the 60s and 70s: Parity in college football is something that is really ramping up. I mean look at App St. vs. Michigan that had just started its decline. I'm sure there are other examples too. Good coaching can do a great deal, one way or the other.

That and the fact that Hokie is clearly a cheeser of epic proportions.

10. Hokie Effect

I am just glad you didn't mention the JMU fiascal. I was at that game last year. MISERABLE.

Oh and did I mention I am originally from Wisconsin and I am currently wearing my cheezhead....

11. Hokie Effect

Oh and I think I play FIU week 12, just saying.....

12. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Oh I just didn't mention it because I forgot. But thanks for the reminder.

I knew it!

Excellent! I'll be able to capture video evidence of your cheesebaggery, and have you rightly expelled from the league!

13. Jman

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA!!!!!