What happens first?

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Oct 3, 2011.

?

What happens first?

1. Penn St loses to a Big 10 team

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. USC loses to a Pac-12 team not named Stanford

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Stanford loses to a Pac-12 team not named USC

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Just for the sake of discussion.....and please expound upon your choice, taking every opportunity to belittle your competitors if you like.....

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Ohio State or Wisconsin will beat Penn State this year! I wish someone else would beat Cheez, but I don't see it happening this year (besides USC of course)...the lower 4 Pac 12 teams are just not ready IMO. I think I get first crack at him. I plan on being sober for this one Cheez

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I have a real chance this year with a Sr laiden defense up the middle. Great defensive talent on the line. My oline is a little better, and Ill be able to press a bit more this year. Press resulted in a td a good 40% of the time last year because my best cb was 5'11 175 and was not able to hold anyone at the line so I had to play passive d.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I think Penn State wil take a loss is most likely of the options here , he can't keep beating everyone. Also, some of the B1G teams are pretty stacked , I feel Michigan could have the second worst user team on paper I still think I have a good enough team to beat almost anybody. Wisconsin is looking really tough on paper too.

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Stanford is going down. Cheez number is due. My games with him have slowly gotten closer, and I feel if I can move the ball somewhat better this year an upset could happen.

6. Dru50

This is the year it could happen. Cheez has the #2 talent base in conference, but the spread between him and Cal specifically is not that far off.

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Penn st did not lose much last year, we are better everywhere( compared to last year) this is our best team yet. I did not pick me to lose.

8. Dru50

According to the rosters from last year and this year, your team is pretty much on par with where you were last year. The difference this year is that the other Big-10 teams have a lot of upper classman talent this year, and the gap between Ohio St/Wisconsin/Penn St and the guys in the other division is not as big as it was the past 2 seasons. Now after this season, that will change, because there is a significant gap between the divisions when it comes to overall roster depth.

For what it's worth, the strongest rosters this year (in order) are:

1. Ohio St
    2. Wisconsin
    3. USC
    4. Penn St
    5. Stanford
    6. Iowa
    7. Nebraska
    8. Michigan
    9. Cal
    10. Arizona
    11. UCLA
    12. Washington St

If MaxATX34 and Colemanchu don't each beat Penn St this year, and one of them doesn't run the table, they should be forced to wear a scarf on their facebook page for the next 6 months (and they know what scarf I'm talking about).

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i'm just going to try and play 12 games this year.

10. Dru50

Apparently you only played 10 last year, since you didn't show up for the Penn St game....

11. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

recchem2000

For what it's worth, the strongest rosters this year (in order) are:

1. Ohio St
    2. Wisconsin
    3. USC
    4. Penn St
    5. Stanford
    6. Iowa
    7. Nebraska
    8. Michigan
    9. Cal
    10. Arizona
    11. UCLA
    12. Washington St

What does this say about your recruiting skills?

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Apparently I suck?

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

its still somewhat dependent on what (RS) Seniors are still on your team.

14. Dru50

Those rankings are base on the starters for each team, bench players who likely won't play much weren't factored in. If you look at each roster objectively it's hard to argue that OSU and Wisconsin are 1 and 2. The gap between teams 3-6 isn't very significant.

15. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

What's funny is that I actually voted for Stanford losing to a PAC 12 team not named USC. I dont know why, but I'm a little nervous after losing 3 offensive lineman to graduation last year.

I'm returning 9/11 starters on D and 7/11 on offense, so that should be a major benefit. Furthermore, my stable of horses in the backfield is stronger than last year - even with the loss of Remound Wright. But the line scares me a bit.

you had 5 yards against me in the first half of our game, and had it not been for an 11 yard screen pass right at the end of the half you would have been in the negatives. I will give you credit though - you have Washington State in a position I would never reach if I were in your shoes.

I got lucky with fumbles against you last year. Outside of the first quarter - it was pretty close. If you force me to turn the ball over, I wouldn't rule out the upset.

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Man, glad to see my recruits are panning out. Wish the game was halfway decent. I had fun building the team, even if i couldn't complete a game with them...

17. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

my reply was in reference to Cougs using the rankings to measure recruiting skill.

what i meant was you can not use the ratings as a measure of recruiting because many teams did not recruit some of their best players( RS seniors).