What I think about YOU

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    What I think about YOU

I hope this can become a useful thing to get the best out of each other...not like I know everything but there's a few observations I've seen from my fellow T1 guys...I hope everyone can chime in and give their honest opinions about each other.

Helli's Georgia Bulldogs
    ---At the beginning of the dynasty, I felt Helli wasn't primed to be how he was at the end...I think he was wrapped up in how the game was and you saw the results...Helli's team really wasn't a THREAT. Now that he's slowly rounding his team into form, running and doing what Helli does best, I feel that the Bulldogs will be a feared team as we continue to go forward. Using Purdon't last year, he didn't have the talent most times to keep up but he had the brains and braun. Now he has a top tier team so I expect top results, despite the tough conference he's in. All he needs to do is find his niche offensively. Though I'm kinda surprised he's using true freshman Cody instead of Mettenberger, who has the much bigger arm and is somewhat mobile back there

Bly's UNC Tar Heels
    ---I've studied the Tar Heels from stats and from games we've played and I see Bly has what we call, "tunnel vision." Passing is not what UNC and Bly do best, they are a running team. Through 2 seasons with TJ Yates, he's a combined 12TD's, 31INT's! So by this result UNC has to rely on a GREAT run game. I also believe UNC doesn't fully utilize the fleXbox One plays in their PB enough. They usually run very few flexy plays and I don't think that keeps the defense honest enough. They do have the personnel at RB to destroy teams on the ground and they have to get those wheels in motion.

Fosh's Auburn Crimson Tide
    ---Fosh has cleaned up his passing game a bit this year, not making as many mistakes and running the ball at a better clip. From what I've seen, Fosh also has some tunnel vision, although not as bad. Bama has the talent to be effective passing wise but I feel they look downfield too much and not enough short/intermediate passing routes are being used. Of course a Fosh ran team isn't complete without a ton of speed demons on defense and while they don't have that, their defense ain't no slouch neither. I feel Fosh is best when he lulls the other team to a false sense of security, then pouncing on them with a ferocious defense.

Ramirez's Auburn Tigers
    ---The Tigers are going to be collecting a ton of individual trophies under Ramirez's watch because you know his QB will be passing a lot, his RB will get a load of yards and his speed WR will get all the looks, while on defense his speedy ends will become greats in the Auburn hall of fame. In the end, that won't get Ramirez back to the top though. A big win over Helli's Bulldogs will and I feel what these Tigers and more importantly, what Ramirez should do is become a more effective playcaller in the big games. Ramirez is more of a big play guy but once you take away his WR or rattle him, he can tend to fold and quite simply, Ramirez/Auburn is too good for that. Ramirez is one small adjustment away from being deadly offensively and once he makes that adjustment, it's lights out.

Cole's Clemson Tigers
    ---Cole's gameplan is one that reminds me of Steelah. Pound the rock up theh gut, let's outwork the other team, mix in some short passing plays to combine to eat up the clock. On defense, let's get punch the other team in the face. It's a good gameplan but this year, he's hurt by the injury at QB, and having Korn in there. He spreads the ball around on offense passing wise despite the QB troubles and it makes it difficult trying to find who's his favorite. Their DE's are ridiculous, as he has 3 DE's with 10 sacks or more...yes the backup has around 11 sacks on the year. If Cole could develop a way to surprise the defense and take chances downfield, Clemson can really take that next step forward.

Steelah's Florida Gators
    ---Chomp on this one. Everyone claimed that Steelah was the most underrated player in T1...he had the Oklahoma State Cowboys, who were one of the less talented teams in the league. Yet he gave everyone fits with a team lacking in elite talent. Give him Florida and he'll take off right? Well not so much. The Gators have underachieved under Steelah's watch so far and maybe the expectation of becoming elite have gotten into Steelah's head. Make no mistake, this Florida team has elite guys all over the place and they field a track team offensively. I feel if Steelah can get back to what made him a threat with the Cowboys, he'll take off with these Gators, because gameplan wise, he'll frustrate you and now he has the athletes to now score, instead of just eating up clock.

Kinger's FSU Seminoles
    ---Kinger is one of those guys you never hear much about. He just had a big victory recently as well. But like you never hear about Kinger, his team is the same way. Despite the talent, they really don't overwhelm you like they should. This team loves to run the ball with their RB's. WR Bert Reed has been a disappointment despite being one of the faster guys on the team. But this team loves to run, eat up clock then pester you on defense. It seems like their secondary each has 4INT's, and their LB's are all over the place as well. This seems to be Kinger's philosophy right now and it can be effective, especially having a great defense that flies to the football like FSU does.

Mo's Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
    ---With the gameplan out on me now, I had a failure to adjust accordingly against Miami. Pass, pass, pass and when I do, bump those WR's...hell the CPU began to do this to me! The fleXbox One hasn't been as effective this year because I don't have the three capable RB's like I had last year in Dwyer/Jones/Peeples. This year it's just Wright and crew and that's not good. Defensively, it seems my guys are just a step too slow and not getting to the ball quick enough. My DE Derrick Morgan has 2 sacks, despite being a 99 ovr. Quite simply I need to find my niche running the rock again and have that offense where i can have 4 guys on the field at the same time who can burn you.

Ryno's LSU Tigers
    ---Ah another guy who has "tunnel vision," the difference between him and the other two I mentioned is Ryno actually likes to pass quite a bit. His TD/INT ratio is almost 1/1 (41 TD's/35 INT's with Jefferson). He's running at a decent clip with his freshman RB and I feel that's what he does best is running, keeping the ball longer than you IE controlling TOP. He's use to those dual threat QB's so he better not hope that 3rd stringer comes in! He uses option but it's just for a different look. I feel Ryno should use it more as a weapon is his offense with the fast QB's he has. If Ryno can limit the mistakes, he'll become elite. He's already shown he can recruit and IMO is top 2 in recruiters in T1 behind Bruce.

Juggs' Miami Hurricanes
    ---Take a look at Miami this year and last year and they are two totally different animals. He has the most talented team offensively/defensively and he's found a niche on both. Offensively, his QB Jacory Harris cut down his INT's DRASTICALLY and now he's primed for a title. He's running the ball with extreme success. His WR's Johnson and Benjamin are the best tandem in the league. Defensively, you can't get comfortable with the pressure he brings from the front 7, who get immense pressure. This is his year IMO to win it all and if he doesn't, he's not going to win it for a while. Juggs is playing excellent football.

Bruce's Tennessee Vols
    ---Bruce is a recruiting god...he's always bringing in the big time talent. He's also very run oriented, though this year, Bryce Brown isn't tearing up the league...quite yet. The Vols have been quiet this year but next, I feel a big thing coming as Bruce will be singing rocky mountain top all night long. He'll have a ton of WR targets next year as well. Bruce is also known for being a ballhawk on defense too and that bodes well for success. Though I've yet to play him, from what I've seen/heard Bruce maybe one of the better players in T1. He just needs to put it together with the recruiting and the play on the field.

JMS's Virginia Tech Hokies
    ---The Hokies have been tinkering here and there seemingly all year. Tyrod isn't going out how he wanted and looks like he's done as a V-Tech player, being 3rd on the depth chart. Time to develop JUJU. It's also time to figure out what to do with that defense. They have simply been awful all year. It seems to be a personnel issue at this point and they need to find what work best for them. I think right now they don't have anyone who's a playmaker on that defense. No one wows you, none of them scare you when your on the field. There's no one that you have to worry about defensively and I think that's where JMS needs to bring in some good talent, that can wreck havoc on defense and smash things around or bring in some speed on defense that can fly to the football. Until then, they'll always struggle.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Great Stuff MO!!

Tierack is hurt.....thats why he is number #3 on the depth Chart...

And BTW I agree with 99% of this article....

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Ramirez will need to open up his playbook if he wants to beat LSU. I know exactly what he wants to do and when he wants to do it. If it wasn't for two fluke fumbles at the very end of our last game, i would have blown him out.

LSU made the adjustments to our defensive scheme after the 5OT victory last year. Those changes rattled Auburn early in our game allowing us to get a lead that not even whoodini could over come.

Mike is a solid decision maker in the pocket though, so if he opens things up, it will become much more difficult to predict what he's going to do. That's when Auburn will make a run at a title... but until then, that big L waits for you ever year... L....... SU

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I agree, somewhat, with your assesment. I have a hard time keeping track of the rush and watching my WR's at the same time. So that's probably why you see tunnel vision... because i really get locked in to watching the pass rush and struggle to get through more than 2 reads.

I do tend to abandon the run at times during a game, for no apparent reason either. I need to work on that, especially with the Offensive Line recruits im nailing down.

You will definitely see a more versatile style of offense that features more diverse running attack with Jefferson and Sheppard following him the next several years. Im probably going to redshirt Sheppard during Jefferson's senior year so that i will have 2 more years of eligibility with him. Then the #1QB i recruited this season will likely take over after that.

We are going to have some serious growing pains in the secondary next year. We loose 3 out of 4 of the starting DB's and the replacements are 10 rating points worse at every position... but we will see how they improve. We have some good young guys coming in, but they won't be ready next season.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I agree the defense has no none to be scared off. We need new talent. The problem is all the guys we went after this season (mostly Defense) jumped ship do to the horrible season we had.

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Juggs' Miami Hurricanes
    ---Take a look at Miami this year and last year and they are two totally different animals. He has the most talented team offensively/defensively and he's found a niche on both. Offensively, his QB Jacory Harris cut down his INT's DRASTICALLY and now he's primed for a title. He's running the ball with extreme success. His WR's Johnson and Benjamin are the best tandem in the league. Defensively, you can't get comfortable with the pressure he brings from the front 7, who get immense pressure. This is his year IMO to win it all and if he doesn't, he's not going to win it for a while. Juggs is playing excellent football.

I agree that we have been the #1 beneficiary of the "progression bug" as we were the best/youngest team in year 1, and all those decent players are now superstars. However, I also warned everyone about this and no one listened so I don't feel bad about reaping the benefits from it. I do feel alot of our success this year has been because of sick talent. I've said all along I'm not one of the better guys in this league on the sticks. But I do have to warn everyone. The only player I have guaranteed to leave is Cooper. QB Harris, both WRs, both DEs, my LBs, my DBs, etc are all only juniors. I will spend all 10 hours on talking them to come back next year if need be. There is a good chance I have 99ovr guys all over the place. So we might have 1 more year/run in us.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

This was our year to win it. Our team will be down for a couple years again while our recruits gain experience.

8 Senior starters on D and 5 or 6 and 7 on O if you count our top two TE's, we will be very very young next season with a ton of Freshman or Sophmore starters.

8. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Play Auburn next year.....

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

I can not disagree with the assessment of the Tide. Alabama has been on TV 2 times this season and 1 last year. I think we threw 8 times vs Virgina Tech, because thats all we had to. Don't be fooled by the LSU game. Alabama was playing with its back up QB in a hostile enviornment. Alabama has the #1 passing effiency QB in the nation for a reason. Good news is the playbook will be wide open against Auburn in the Iron Bowl. McElroy is set to make his return in this pivitol SEC matchup. Lets see if the Tide can make its way out of the tunnel.

Good stuff MO... always enjoyed the PAC-10 write ups last season.

10. jfosh

jfosh Super

I run the risk of providing some bullitien board material, but you have wonder about Florida. No team (even with as good as Miami has turned out to be) had the depth in talent this squad had/has. There is some underacheiving going on in Gainesville. I think this is a bigger suprise than Virginia Tech and the rebuilding thats going on down there.

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Ok...if either/both of us need a OOC user game, I'm down. But if I have 5 (and there is a chance I can since UNC hasn't been on the schedule yet), then I'm passing. I'm not doing 6 user games.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I think the Penn State gods are punishing me for not playing with them.

To be honest I am having trouble connecting with VA Tech.....there is really noone on the team I like besides my TE.

13. jfosh

jfosh Super

You just love a good Tight End!

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

who doesnt....:monkeybutt:

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

why don't you just take another team in the ACC then if you don;t like VTech. Too late to switch to Penn St obviously, but as long as you stay in the ACC, I don't see a problem with that.

16. jfosh

jfosh Super

He would need to stay inside his division.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am going to stick it out.....I am determined to win a Title with them...even if it takes 5 years. If I dont......no problem.

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That's the toughest part, watching the rush and looking for WR's...for me, it's taken me years to get this downpact...gotta watch my periphals as the rush comes toward my QB...

losing DB's suck...they are really pivotal in this years game. If you don't have good cover CB's...opposing offenses will have field days.

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Mo I would try to throw it deep on you more often but it is tough with that big fs of yours running around like a chicken with its head cut off. :)

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL well honestly I try to take away the route that I'm closest to or needs help the most. It's why I call a lot of man defenses. I really leave my CB's on an island deep. It helps me that Taylor also has 95 speed :)

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Plus being 6'4" its more like 99 speed.

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

You can throw deep on Mo.....I did a few times. better to overthrow then underthrow.....he will user pick those shorties.

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I've said it before but I'll say it again, I love that Cooper had a good half season so suddenly he's in the same neighborhood as a Taylor Mays (who i think is overrated, but...)

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Cooper hasn't been quite as effective early on in the season but last game against Fresno State, he had 11 tackles, 3FL, and a INT. Plus he hurt their RB Reynolds two times during the game as well...he's rounding back into form.

25. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:

damn that would suck for the ACC lol...hope that's not the case!!!