What is our plan?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm totally out of the loop with being gone all week. I had a bit of time to check the forums but was only able to get over to the league I commish and do some basic things so I'm way behind the curve here with all this that's gone down.

Just to give us guys who aren't sure, can we get some clear direction:

A) Is the league continuting with Ego as the commish in it's current form?

B) Are we continuing right through this week and this season?

C) Any changes right now we should know about?

2. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I plan on continuing. I hope that everyone else is in with me. The flaws are annoying, but I believe we can work through them.

We need to get through week 11 and back to our schedule.

I don't know of any changes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

A) Is the league continuting with Ego as the commish in it's current form?
    Yes; no changes will be made this season.

B) Are we continuing right through this week and this season?
    Damn strizzy.

C) Any changes right now we should know about?
    No, but we'll be advancing today. I'll be posting a new thread soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'm playing on, but I will be switching to the Buckeyes if that is cool.

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

Sounds good to me Goose

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Let me know if you need anything during the transition.

7. egofailure

Goose, I'm all for you having Ohio State, but I'm against making team switches mid-season. Please finish this year with Wisconsin, and I'll switch you over in time for the off-season. Arch' did a great job with recruiting, so you won't missing out much, if at all, in that area.

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

No problem at all. egofailure A midseason switch would never happen in real life. I'm all for waiting until the offseason.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I would normally agree, but I like the idea of him switching now. The loss of Archie made a huge impact on MSU and UM's schedules. MSU vs Wisconsin was a great game (worth repeating) and Mich and Wisconsin don't play this season. By switching to OSU now, both MSU and Michigan get that missed H2H game back - and that game is significant for both programs. Michigan would likely face Goose's team in either scenario in the conference title game, so it is probably not as significant to him. MSU will likely not make the Big Ten title game and draw an at large BCS bid and possibly result in an easy path to their 6th star. I'd rather earn it.

Ohio State also has a lot riding on this. Remaining CPU-controlled could result in Ohio State finishing outside the top 15 and losing their 6th star. I'm not sure that's the worst thing, but it is significant and could factor into the options.

I third option would be talk Archie into playing his remaining H2H games.

I'm fine with either route, but I think the circumstances warrant considering an exception.

10. egofailure

In my experience in these leagues, everyone comes up with a legitimate reason to switch to their teams prematurely. Whether it's for recruiting purposes, a crucial user matchup, or just for the freakin' hell of it. And once you do it for one person, it's hard to deny another. In a premier league I was in last year, we had a couple switches mid-season that completely took the realism from the league. It's just something I don't want to do.

Goose will be receiving a top-notch program that's absolutely stacked with talent. I'm not all that concerned with Ohio State potentially losing it's 6th-star. Perhaps it's the reason we'll have for justifying a coaching change in the first place. Knowing Goose, he won't take long to get it back.

That being said, I'm cool with asking Arch' if he wants to play his H2H game(s).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Goose

Goose Walk On

Honestly, this season is going pretty good for Wisconsin. I'd like to stay and finish the season and see how it goes.

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

trade it in for Madden and play in THE League!

• Like Like x 1