What is the alumni saying about you...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RynoAid, Jul 26, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

ULM fans are not happy with what they are seeing from Coach Setzer's offense. After 3 games they have failed to seize on opportunities afforded them by a stellar ULM defensive unit thus far. Too many INT's and 3 and outs have dropped the approval rating into dangerous territory.

At the heart of the complaints exists the theory that ULM needs to run the ball more to set up the pass. That coach Setzer tends to get pass happy at times and abandon a seemingly competent ground game.

The heat is on headed into conference play.. we will see if dropping down a bit in opponent level of talent puts some shine on this dull offense.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Take the alumni out for a few beers, game of pong, and some tron grid and the approval rating will skyrocket

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

After my win over Army they love me :)

But before then my approval rating had dropped to 41% and the Lobo Alumni were very critical of my playcalling. Evidently a 2:1 run to pass ration isn't sufficient. The talents of QB BR. Holbrook are going to waste in my offense. The only problem with that is BR. Holbrook sucks, and he's going to throw a pick every 5-6 times he drops back.

However, this coach doesn't care what the alumni has to say. I care what the AD and HC have to say, and they say that I'm well on my way to completing almost all goals for this year.

4. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Well Western Michigans official are not the brightest group of folks. Their feed back: "Kalamazoo is eerily quiet after our 35-49 loss to Central Michigan." The issue with this statement is that it is misleading, at best. Western Michigan, lead by its high scoring offense beat Central Michigan 49-35. As the Offensive Coordinator I have completed 3 goals; I am on pace to complete another 4 goals. Maybe their opinion will change once the rush of this week fades and they see the true score of our week 3 game.

5. Zetroc

Zetroc Uncle Rico Inspired

The alumni at Lafayette is feeling better after a 40-10 thumping of FIU. Coach Zetroc has 8 goals in progress and is looking like he may hit 7. Now that OohLaLa is feeling confident, hopefully they can string together a few more V's and get that rating moving upward.

6. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

You hold your tongue sir! Br. Holbrook does not throw interceptions. He barely throws incomplete passes! He runs as fast as cheetahs and his accuracy is raved the world over. I will not stand idly by while the greatest QB in the universe, as the CPU allowed him to show so easily against my Army defense, is attacked and disparaged needlessly.

Consider the gauntlet thrown. Any more negative comments about Sir Holbrook and you will answer to me!

*yeah, I'm still bitter that the CPU decided that game to make him into f'n superman. I hate this game some times - ok, more like 90% of the time*

7. BDSDIGITAL

He was 7-14 66 yds 2 ints vs Wazzou, and missed a screen pass by 10 yards to end the game....

8. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

The pressures eased a little since my win over Tulane. We have a W and needed one bad. We look to keep it going and win out the season.

The only thing holding this team together right now is my running back who had 260 yards rushing against Tulane(broke 2 BIG runs). We need our quarter back to step it up if i want to keep my job.

9. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

That's it! Big Oak Tree out back, 3PM!

King Holbrook's honor will be avenged!

10. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

YES! Our first OD back-yard brawl. One Rule: Whatever it takes to win! FIGHT!

11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

The team as a whole is being looked at positively. With losses against Michigan and BYU, those were understandable. The bright spot has been the defense, which leads the nation with 11 takeaways. Now, if the Eagles could just turn those into points.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The Kent State Alumni Association cannot wait until the MAC season starts. They seem to be taking our out of conference schedule with a grain of salt - a [simmed] win against ULL showed about where this team could play within the conference. Other OOC games against Notre Dame in South Bend, Kansas State in Manhattan, and Boston College at home really exposed the 1-star Golden Flashes.

In our most recent game, both offense and defense showed signs of life in front of what looked like 1,500 home fans. How BC even agreed to come play in Ohio is beyond us. The defense scored their second touchdown of the season in this game, and the offense hit on their first big pass play. Things are looking up and next week, we head to Ohio to play the Bobcats to open the MAC season up.

13. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

I think the Alumni is happy with Ark State....Doing good against the good teams.

14. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

The Alumni is a lot happier after the OT win vs. Ball State. My job security is up to a fear-of-heights-inducing 41%; needless to say I keep a box under my desk ready to pack up at a moments notice.

15. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

The UNT alums are not happy. Not with the offense, but with the team's mystifying performances. Losses to Louisiana Tech and FIU are somewhat puzzling. However, a close loss to Texas and a 42-17 shit-beat against Indiana are pleasing.

With a 56-38 loss to SMU, North Texas alums are seeing some potential, but as long as HC Carney is in charge, they feel like it will be potential unrealized.

16. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

The Alum are starting to warm up to Ken Mooney's Offense. Though we've had two losses to Notre Dame and UConn (both games the offesne put up at least 21 points), Western Michigan is still top of the MAC(West) with a 4-2 record. We've got a top 10 Passer and Running back on offense. I currently stand comfortable, with a 65% approval rating.

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Got a big steak dinner from a very linked in booster after the big win against Arkansas State. It was short lived, i couldn't enjoy a bite of my chateaubriand before the questions started about how where going to deal with the loss of HB Jyruss Edwards for 11 weeks.

oh well, i gave his some of my ideas, but made sure i did it over several shots of patron...

• Like Like x 2
  18. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Is he really out for 11 weeks? I don't believe I've been prompted to D/L an update so is the injury bug fixed?

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

it only carries over for commish's.. YEA ME!!!

20. BDSDIGITAL

is that true?

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

how i wish it wasn't

22. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

that is greatness.

But also terrible...

23. Zetroc

Zetroc Uncle Rico Inspired

sux

24. BDSDIGITAL

For some reason you avatar reminds me of uncle Rico of Napoleon dynamite fame. Not sure why.

25. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Damn it does me too! I knew it reminded me of something but I couldn't place it. It's Uncle Rico!