What is the best game you ever attended?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Oct 8, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

What is the best game you ever attended?

I am going to the South Carolina vs Alabama game tomorrow and it got me thinking about games I have attended. I have seen some epic SEC games, and when I was a kid I saw some really good Big Ten games...PSU-Nebraska was SOOO sweet. PSU-OSU in 05 was surreal. So what is the best college football game you have ever attended?

2. TD351

TD351 Walk On

3. bdub

bdub Walk On

The 2008 Sugar Bowl was hands down the coolest football game I have ever been to. 2nd best would be 2008 game between Utah and TCU. That game was epic and came down to the last play of the game, with a BCS bowl berth on the line.

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

The 100th OSU, scUM in the big house. Unfortunately it was the last time the school up north won, but it was still a blast. 11 rows from the field in the OSU student section.

5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I saw a relatively unsuccessful senior-laden Providence Friar basketball team knock off the #1 team in the nation (Pittsburgh Panthers) late in the 08-09 season. It was their one significant accomplishment as a class. It was pretty special.

Oh, wait, were you referring to college football only? ;)

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I was thinking the same thing. I've seen some pretty impressive hoops.

7. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Iowa vs. Penn State 2 years ago. Penn State was #3, Iowa unranked, Murray hits a field goal as time expired for the win.

Iowa 24 vs. #3 Penn State 23

8. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

I was in Gainesville 96-2000 and went to every big game other than selling a LSU or Tenn. game to make some extra cash. Also I've been to every Patriots playoff game since 88... my old man has had season tix that long. So the snow bowl would be way up there. I never did get to go to the bowl games. Living in Boston I always went home for the holidays.

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

Got to say I hate the Patriots just about more than anything on this earth. I am a Colts fan.

10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

BTW the game was AWESOME! The best part was watching the students getting tazered for running on to the field after the game. Marcus Lattimore, and Alshon Jefferies are both studs and Garcia had a great game, sans the questionable saftey he took. It was a great atmosphere and all too. But it wasn't half as fun or impressive as PSU-OSU 05 the original whiteout game.

11. bdub

bdub Walk On

That was an awesome game to watch on TV. Would have loved to see it in person. When Garcia took that safety I thought you guys were done for and going to do the same thing Arkansas did. Glad to see Bama lose though.