What is the right call?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by bcduggan, Aug 19, 2011.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

You just scored a TD to go up 4 in 2nd half. Do you kick XP or 2pt conversion?

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Fake field goal.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

What league?

4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

T2Express FTW!

• Like Like x 2
  5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Sorry, I am asking because it is a coordinator league and I was playing CPU and it put my offense back out on field for the 2 when I was up 4. It didn't make sense to me.

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

It depends how late it is. If there's only time left for one possession, the right move is to go for 2 and try to take a 6 point lead. Really it doesn't matter much, but there's always that 1% chance the other team misses the extra point or gets it blocked. But of there's over 1 minute left, kicking the XP is the right move.

7. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Yep. 4 or 5 point lead makes no difference late in a game. 6 points can be huge if the PAT is blocked/missed.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

1 because u put yourself down by 3 if they score...leaves you with a chance. You're defense should win.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

agree with this.

10. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The "right call" most of the time would be to try and get up by 6, but blocking field goals is pretty rare, so it's irrelevant.

11. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

My opinion is to go for 1, make the other team go for 2 to get up by 3, that way if you give up a TD, you still have a shot to win with the FG if they miss the 2, or at worst tie with a FG... But a some of it depends on how the game is going and how much time is left when you score.

12. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I agree with this theory. Running kickoffs back for touchdowns is more common then blocking extra points. You go up by 5 so that if they run the kickoff back or score quickly and you get the ball back, your field goal wins it instead of ties it.

13. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I can block the kick whenever I want, its all about timing. Obviously I don't do it in my OD, but online against cheesers, I will do it everytime. Punt block, move the deep back to the right side of the formation in between the 2 outside guys, get a running start, and its blocked everytime. 99 speed is too fast you want someone about 92-96 other wise you'll overrun.

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Video?