What is TSO to you?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Jun 6, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Exactly what the title says... what has TSO become in your world... let us know.

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    TSO has been a great addition to my gaming life as it gives me the ability to get as immersed in NCAA, and possibly Madden, with a great group of guys. For years I have tracked my teams stats in notepads, spreadsheets and dry erase boards to the point my wife questioned my sanity. Ryno, Shaun and everyone that contribute to the site continue to do a great job. Can we speed up the days until July 12th?

• Like Like x 2
  3. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Come here for the leagues i am in or want to be in. Thats it tho.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Wow, quality shit

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]

6. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I echo all of Suge's comments. For the last couple of years I have longed for a place to play with mature, SIM adults who use the games as I do.. As a release from the daily grind and to meet new friends that I enjoy talking and gaming with.

For a guy like myself who is a bit older now with a family and really doesn't get out as much as I used to, this place has become a god send for me (My wife actually feels the same way). TSO has become one of my favorite hobbies and I really enjoy everyone that I have met and become friends with. Quite honestly, it's the cheapest form of entertainment out there. Thanks to Ryno, Shaun, Drift and all the admins that make this place go and make it enjoyable for everyone here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I dont understand why thats a problem to you. I come here for my leagues. This will be my third year. Ive never been a problem. I dont start shit. This isnt the only community im a part of. The other community could never sustain a league system like whats here. So i go there to post nudes, come here for leagues, and visit other places for news.

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

TSO is nirvana for sports gamers who play the game the way it is meant to be played. With fairplay, sportsmanship and realistic gaming.
    Its a place where we all play by the rules and not try to embarrass our opponents or exploit the AI.

Its a place where we've made friends and created friendly rivalries.

Its a place where we can bring our gaming to life with rich histories, amazing video and the perfect screenshot.

Finally, its a place where we the gamers can have our opinions heard by the developers and just maybe our ideas are implemented.

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Top notch leagues, good people(except that guy emmodot....lol), and a reason for my wife to yell at me(I am sure I am not the only guy here who's wife HATES this site)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

its god

12. Iron Mickey

Just being sarcastic man. Sorry

13. Iron Mickey

lmao....that emmdot guy

hahaha....

Maybe we should do a "ladies" section....lmao

@RynoAid

14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

lol, your probably THE most stand up guy on the site

I had just remembered that the first time I had talked to you on live I called you Emodotfrisk...lol

15. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Clear and simple I've found that if you love this game, like the majority of us do, this is the place to be. Whether it's leagues or topics of interest around NCAA football this is it. I've joined a non premier league, Overdrive, and I'm trying to help make it the best it can be. At this point, I have no interest in joining a premier league. I've always found it more enjoyable to be part of building something, rather then just jumping in on something that's already successful. So congrats Ryno, besides my girlfriend feeling a bit more neglected and maybe me not being quite as productive at work, I think you've really built something special.

16. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I think this sums it up well...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

you damn right your not the only one

18. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Honestly this site stands for something that EA should promote. IF they want to run the madden bus tour tournament they had a few yrs ago they should be from this site and not those cheesers with only talent to exploit the AI and throw bombs..

19. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

TSO has been a place for me to enjoy gaming with a mature bunch of people, which is something that I had been trying to find for a while. At first it started as a place for me to enjoy a good sim league, and meet new people within my league that enjoyed the same hobbies I do. The longer I've been here, the more I have interacted with the people outside of my league, and I feel like I have established a good friendship with a number of people here. TSO is the best community I have been a part of, and its amazing some of the things that we do for other members. Whether it be helping somebody with a basic problem in chatbox, or something as big as collecting donations to help a friend in need, this community has come through.

20. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Seriously. How much more entertaining would our style of play be compared to the Madden Nation types.

Madden Nation halftime interview:
    "His D is locking me up, yo!"

Dirtycash TSO halftime interview:
    "He's usering his FS and biting hard on the run so I'm gonna come out and try a PA Slot Go and see if I can get behind him"

• Like Like x 3
  21. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Hell if there is no season they might as well :)

22. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm not sure I can really put my feelings about this site, the community here or some of the friends I've made into words....it's probably going to come across as sappy, but what the hell, here goes.

When I found TSO (then just TF) in September 2009 I was honestly about to give up on buying sports titles anymore. The offline modes had become dull, with the same 'year in and year out' gameplay each year, and trying to join leagues online had been a disastrous waste of time. Right around that time, my 2nd child had just been born, and my free time was pretty much limited to late evenings and the weekends for a few hours here and there. I've never been what you would call an active socialite or anything, but my small group of hobbies was getting shrunk down by my age, my growing work and family responsibilities and the fact that I was living across the country from the group of friends I had grown up with.

Then I read a quote under someone's post on OS (I think) that mentioned www.traditionfootball.com, and when I checked it out I was very impressed and only became more impressed as time went on...not just with the guys running this site, but with the members who call this place home (from a video game and internet sense at least). I started out in the OFFL mid majors league, but really hit my stride when I joined Coast 2 Coast and met the group of guys that I would probably spend more of the next 1.5 years talking to than anyone I worked with and maybe even my wife (as sad as that may be). These were guys who were very much like me in many ways, guys with lives outside of the games, guys with careers, guys with families and kids.....guys who don't have the time, energy or desire to deal with the bullshit that often accompanies online gaming. These were guys that just wanted a somewhat realistic football experience with others who took the experience as seriously as I did.

I've been a part of this site for going on 3 years, and I rarely even visit any other websites anymore. This place has helped to restore my faith in the gaming community and really helps me deal with the insanity of trying to raise two boys under the age of 4 on an everyday basis. I just wish there was more I could do around here to help out, but alas, I'm a CPA and to say I'm a bit technically challenged with the web is an understatement.

Along the way during my time on this site, I've met some guys that aren't just gaming acquaintances, but guys that I really think of as friends. I want to call a few out below, and if I leave anyone out it isn't intentional.

@Bondzai007 and @Twistr18 - Two dudes that I really would love to hit Vegas with, older guys like me with kids. Bond and I share a unhealthy fascination with pro basketball and the 3 of us are pretty big closet pro wrestling fans. Anytime you can spend 3 hours of an evening exchanging stories about Ric Flair, the Rock, Dusty Rhodes, etc...all while playing multiple games of NCAA...you know you got something. Bond, at some point I'll make it to nickel beer night to catch up on all the rounds I owe you.

@Papa Perry - Perry, or the resident redneck of TSO as I like to think of him, has been one of the two guys I've probably spent the most time chatting with during my time on TSO. He's always regaling us with stories of the latest young woman that was willing to make a bad decision with him, and the funny way he butchers parts of the english language is always worth the price of admission.

@bravejaf and @Beazus Christ - Two guys that share my love of RPG's, or as Leon (Beazus) likes to say - 'Getting your nerd on'. Brave is about the most level headed guy on the site and rarely gets worked up over anything. Even when he does and threatens his nearest piece of drywall, you can't tell...even when in a chat with him. Leon's 'Girls of {insert conference name here}' threads will be sorely missed since I've moved to the left coast.

@BDSDIGITAL - Another great guy, who is also pretty laid back (must be something about the OSU fans I guess). He often joins Bond and I in our NBA discussions and usually you can trust him to say it like it is, even when that may be unpopular. Best part is, he can say it and people tend to not take it personally. That's a pretty rare trait.

@KnightNoles - A huge shout out to Nick for helping force the C2C crew to get to know one another. When Nick took over C2C, he started spamming each of us with party invites as soon as we got on the Xbox each night. The discussions that ensued really helped develop the bond that has caused that group of 9-10 guys to keep chatting it up whenever we find each other online. Nick has his faults, but deep down he's a good egg and I will always appreciate what he brought to my experience here at TSO.

Lastly, @Shaun Mason and @RynoAid - I can't even tell you how appreciative I for one am for what the two of you guys do for this community, both from a financial and time perspective. Kudos to you guys.

Tradition Sports is the best site on the web, and that's purely because of the quality of the individuals that have made it that way. Keep up the good work everyone!

• Like Like x 11
  23. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I come here for my dynasties, franchises, and will be my first stop for any other sports titles in the future. There is a great community here where I have started to develop some online friends. I basically leave the forums and chat box up in the background all day during work, and definitely makes the day go by faster with some good convos breaking up my work day.

24. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I don't know how anyone can follow Dru's post but I'll just say this. There are dudes on here that I would bail out of jail if they needed it.

• Like Like x 5
  25. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Simply put, TSO is the place I call home.