What is your favorite Spread play?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Dec 15, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

We have all seen the spread run by college teams, and I am sure most of us have played the spread books on the NCAA series, what is your favorite play in the spread?

For me is is the Shotgun Spread PA Read play. I love pulling the ball and reading that deep post or the slot dig pattern. I used to kill people on this play after setting it up with the zone read, however I have yet to make a completion with it in this years version of the game.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

So far, I think I like the Read Option. You need to be able to check out of it, since it's not like a dive, where you can get a yard no matter what, at least most of the time, but run right, and in the right situation, and it's brutal. I especially like giving the ball to the back on a downhill read (where the back is lined up slightly behind the QB, instead of next to him) and watching the DE whiff as he goes by. Much fun.

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

It is a great play. It is deadly if you have a 4 wide set with it so you can check into a short pass to attack the lack of coverage.

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I'm a fan of the triple option. I never had the game-changing, super-fast QB to throat punch teams, but I've still had success with it, especially in users games.

5. kaluelsa

kaluelsa Walk On

I find the read option works best in formations where the HB is "behind" the QB. The HB gets a running start and there's less delay on the handoff.

My favorite is the inside read option, where you can read either the DE or MLB.