What is your opinion on custom playbooks?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by the bigg dawgg, Jul 5, 2012.

1. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

i just want to know what everyone else thinks about em. personally i love em because i can make a playbook that fits my style. i cant really find a book that s focused heavily on the run but also has the shotgun passing plays in it to where i can come back if i fall behind. i know they were broken last year and i hope they fix it this year but either way i will use them. what are your alls thoughts?

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I love them.

3. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

i saw some leagues not allowing them and i dont know why they would do that. if ur on a sim site i dont know why you couldnt trust people to make a sim playbook

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

If you are against custom playbooks then you probably are insecure about your penis size and therefore are not confident in the sack...and it shows

• Like Like x 5
  5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Even here some people don't trust people.

6. ItsAllAboutTheU

ItsAllAboutTheU Walk On

I love the custom playbooks. I'm going to be a high school football coach after I graduate college so that level of customization for my scheme is just great to me.

7. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

The main draw for me in using custom playbooks is that makes it possible for you to put great plays in your scheme that can be added to or erased if it no longer fits the personnel of your team. Even more so, if you build a well rounded playbook you don't have to change much, if one year you have two dominant TE's you can add formations specifically for them. Or lets say one year you pick up some good talent at wide receiver, boom, you have the Shotgun plays there that you can lean on until they leave the team. As you become more and more familiar with your book you can create specific personnel match ups from one game to the next based on an opponents weakness, weak secondary=spread forms, weak line=run heavy, suspect LB's=two TE sets with some run. Without custom play books a coach would have to learn a number of books, audibles, subs to get this done. The latter can be done but IMO is no where near as effective as the customized playbook (minus the unrealistic $$$play cheese.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I absolutely love CPBs (but I'm still insecure about my penis size) and I don't think I'd play in a league that banned them. My offensive CPB is built for 1 thing and 1 thing only though, and that's for a full on spread option attack. I've never been one to rebuild my philosophy/playbook based on my personnel. Instead I recruit my personnel for my philosophy.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I think as long as the CPB fits the mold of the base PB its okay. The problem arises when you have for example an air raid base but are including 2 TE I, wishbone, flex formations and so on. With that said I have never ran into that problem playing anyone from TSO, so I don't think it is something to worry about her. But if you are playing in the lobby, who knows what you will get....

10. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

thats exactly what im talking about. not played many dynasties but that is definitly how to do it. i love having the plays i need on any given team that i use

11. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

yea that was always my problem before the custom playbooks. i used run heavy and when u got down there was no way to climb back because u had 3 shotgun sets. i am a old school run run run run and then hey maybe a little more run. if u fall back tho u get in deep water but now u can negate that fact

12. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I didn't use custom playbooks last year, but only issue I saw with them was that in user games the custom playbook could not be used. We had a user with custom playbook for his offense, but could never get a user game to work. He was so used to his playbook that he did not want to change to any team playbook. The playbook he created I believe was more of a strictly air raid playbook with some runs mixed in as well. I am not completely sure though but I know the player specifically used air raid playbooks before NCAA 12.

13. great33

great33 Walk On

yeah i love creating my a multiple playbook with wildcat and power I in it

14. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I Peench: I rest my case.

15. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

They are allowed, aren't they? Don't push your luck :)

16. Baron

Hahaha come on! You can't expect me not to have a little fun with that quote. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Baron

A question for those more knowledgeable:

Say I make a custom playbook over the weekend access of the Season Pass, will that then carry over to the disc? I can't imagine why it wouldn't but I'm paranoid.

18. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Yes, the CP will be saved onto your console anyway

• Like Like x 1
  19. Baron

[​IMG]

20. Westlake_88

Westlake_88 Walk On

Gonna use my custom playbook to build a dynasty with the Ragin' Cajuns!

21. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

I love the CPB feature. In 12 the Maryland I formation (2 TE set) had what, 3 plays? Thats garbage. But Air Force's base goal line set is the Maryland I and it had a LOT more plays. So i used that PB as my base and went from there. I have a ton of running sets, even some fleXbox One, but also have some Shotgun and Ace formations for when i need to pass. Love the CPB feature. I just wish it wasnt so damn glitchy. I still dont know what the error message means when it says "you cant remove this play bc youve reached the minimum plays for your play style." Wtf is that? Lol.

22. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

I only use CPB for my defensive playbook, biggest benefit to me is the ability to organize the plays in each formation freely.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  23. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This is unquestionably my favorite thing about CPBs, but on both the offensive and defensive side. Every single defensive formation for me is set up in order like this:
    • cover 2 zone blitzes
    • cover 3 zone blitzes
    • cover 2 -> cover 6 zones
    • cover 2 man
    • cover 1 man
    • man blitzes
    Likewise, all of my offensive formations are setup like this in order:
    • HB designed runs
    • QB designed runs
    • WR designed runs
    • options
    • PA passes
    • screens
    • short passes
    • medium passes
    • deep passes
    This makes it soooooo much easier to find all of my plays, particularly on offense where I run a no huddle.

• Like Like x 1
  24. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Love the custom playbooks, with the caveat that you keep them realistic to the base playbook. I've never found a playbook that fit me quite right, last season I finally was able to build one. I run out of South Carolina or Oklahoma's Multiple and use a lot of Ace, I and Strong formations with 2 TE for a power running game with a little Shotgun for passing downs. Basically I like Stanford's approach. I like to run dive, power and counters out of different formations to keep defenses off balance and then take a few deep shots when the D comes up for the run.

25. ItsAllAboutTheU

ItsAllAboutTheU Walk On

One of the best things I like about the CPBs is being able to add in new things on the fly that you might see in an actual game. Last year I watched a high school team on ESPN and they ran a spread system but from under center. That way they still spread the defense out and created some great running lanes and since it was under center the RB was able to get some down hill speed going by the time he hit the hole. Worked like a charm on '12 for me.

• Like Like x 1