What Job WONT you take

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Jun 30, 2011.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

As we progress up the line and jobs become available....which ones won't you take simply because you hate that team/coach/rival

for me...I will never ever ever be the coach of Iowa, Wisconsin, USC or Florida State

Iowa----Beats PSU every year it seems and their fans are horrible

Wisconsin----I live in Illinois, I have to hate Wisconsin, It is on our flag

USC----I cannot stand Lane Kiffin or Pete Carroll, so I don't want them at my Hall of Fame Enshrinment

Florida State----Bobby Bowden sucks, he is no Joe Pa....

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

UVA (well... I might as a stepping stone mid-tier job on my way to VT, lol)
    WV (dont' feel like watching poop and batteries get thrown onto the field every game)
    UNC (literally never thought anyone could top Kiffin. I was wrong. What a P.O.S. administration, coach, and program)
    OhioSt (never liked em. no desire to end up here at the top of my career)
    USC-W (Kiffin. Plus no integrity or class. Plus California sucks.)
    ND (delusional. Lou Holtz. and I'd prefer to let them keep living off championships from 60yrs ago)
    WKy (terrible uniforms and horrid team with no hope for the future. Gramps, what in the world were you thinking?)
    Any independents (can't get into no conference affiliation)

3. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

TSUN (That School Up North) That whole state is unmentionable in my house.

Penn State (Good God with all the diapers being changed in there that office has to reek.)

USC (Just can't stand the Trojans or their fans, LOVE the cheerleaders though :D)

Florida (See above)

• Like Like x 1
  5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

VT, UNC and UMd. - no way in hell i take a job for one of uva's rivals.

Being UTEP, my sights are on the Texas or Oklahoma jobs. I don't plan on working towards UVa since I am them in the Abbey. Got to change it up.

6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Part of me wants to make Michigan my Alumni and just stick it to you goose......hmmmmmm

7. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

def torn on the Dream Job thing. Will regret not making VT my dream job if the Abbey goes slow and doesnt last more than a couple of seasons (as is usual with the powerhouse leagues). But really want you dbags to commit to going deep in both leagues and making TAMU (dad's alma mater) my dream job would be sweet.

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

You could be scUM right out of the gates and still have no chance against me and Akron. Book it.

9. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

So before I comment, my preface, knowing what your responses are going to be are; 1. Its a video game. 2. You have a bad team 3. You are bad, as in my skills.....will agree with all of the above....

So now that I've cleared the decks of the your attacks (probabaly not, but there is always hope for you young punks-note I did not say just punks-as directed by the commish for my alleged involvement in chasing Clemson out the league)......there is a real life aspect to the CC that is being missed here and IMO adds a small slice of what really happens in the coaching ladder that should not be ignored in one's advancement and that is these coaches on the way up will take any job to get their foot in the door, move up to bigger, better teams, more $$....look at their resumes....they graduate from school x, the next season they are coaching at school x's rival y....so to me one is missing out a part of the game, if they rule out any school.....of course my dream job is to move from #112 WKU to #99!...whoever that is!

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

^ I will rot in Kentucky (or ohio...pssh) forever before I would coach at one of those teams in fake football. That being said, if the Chicago Cubs drafted me today, I wouldn't sign simply because I am no hipp-o-crit

11. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

I don't hate too many schools (it's nothing like the hate I have for the Minnesota Vikings) but there are a few I just wouldn't want to coach........

BYU - too many crazy rules (that don't make sense) that would limit recruiting, and I definitely don't fit the script. lol They are trying to be ND but they are light years away from accomplishing that.
    Ole Miss - I can't stand the symbol and would never want to associate myself with the "rebels."

But that's about it for me though!

12. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

BOOM.....thoughts mormon?

13. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Oh you poor uneducated soul. How on earth are they trying to be ND, because they went independent? If that is the case then Army and Navy are trying to be ND as well. The whole independent thing had nothing to do with wanting to be ND. They were in a terrible conference and had to jump ship (Utah and TCU felt the same).