What offense/defense do you run?

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Just curious as to how everyone plans on running their team.

Personally, I am extremely excited to bring Urban's spread option to Ohio State. Will have to recruit better athletes though to run it properly.

On defense I run a 4-3. When I go to nickel I like to have a hybrid safety-corner play at nickel back, or the "star" position. It was a staple of Jim Tressel's defense during his tenure.

2. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

i dont know what i will run on this years game but on 12 i ran a 4-3 and LSU's offense. i want to try diffrent playbooks until i find one i like if that is cool with everyone.

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yeah I don't mind people doing that

4. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I normally run a Spread Custom Offence I call the Power Spread and on D I'm a 4-3 guy that throws in the 4-2-5 to get some speed on the feild.

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Haha please elaborate on the power spread, sounds very interesting

6. Ben

Ben Walk On

I like to run very Pro style offenses. I love establishing a run game and then using the pass to catch the DB's and keep them honest. As for defense I run a 4-3 usually.

7. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Well its a spread Offense and in 12 I used Auburn's base playbook because there OC was Gus Malzahn and the play book while being a spread was a run 1st offence. I then go through the Offense and remove similar formations and plays to really narrow it down the # of plays and Formations in the PB,

(in my old OD there was a limited # of formations you could have (21) and the game limited the # of plays we also had to post the formations we planed on using by like week 4 this was for offense and d)

anyway I then add power running formations I form, the flex, and forms like that not a lot of them but enuff i can come out 5 wide then power I, one of my fav formations is the empty sets where it will show the other user I have 3wr, a HB, TE, and a FB but when we break the huddle its a 5 wide look and there in a 4-3.

Here I am giving away to many tips... I basically named it the Power Spread because when you see 4 wr it dont mean pass and when you see a te and fb it dont mean run. But to run it right you need a solid oline. If you cant stop the run your going to be in trouble for sure... the goal is my oline to over power yours and win the battle in the trenches and to take advantage of the other teams mismatches... Run 1st

8. jandy

jandy Walk On

Defensively, I'll be running a 4-3. With Denard at the helm, I think I'll be going with a spread offense

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  9. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

Pro-Style offense to prep myself for the Gunner Kiel-era and defensively I'm primarily a 4-3 guy, but I like to switch it up and keep the offense guessing.

10. bighoot

bighoot Walk On

I stick with whatever my team is running in real life, I adapt lol. I'll be running the new Aggie air raid I guess or some form of the spread. On D I think they run multiple but I like a lot of nickel as long as I got the the DB's to run with it.

11. xHaVoCxDj77x

xHaVoCxDj77x Walk On

Air Raid(West Viriginia) and whatever defense the team I'm using runs.

12. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

TRIPLE OPTION OFFENSE WITH 3-4 DEFENSE. [​IMG]

13. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

oh god not an option guy! lol jk!

14. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

With Wisconsin I'll be running a Power Run offense, possibly switching to more of a pro-style west coast offense depending on how recruting goes. On Defense I will be using a 4-3, and possibly changing to 3-4, in past NCAAs I've been able to recruit LB better than DL so this change will also depend on recruiting.

15. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

I personally like running a pass first offense like West Virgina or Houston cause i love the Air Raid and its different route combinations. For VA Tech im going to run a pro-style or multiple offense to keep the opponent off balance. For defense i enjoy running the 3-4 because i've been watching and enjoying the 3-4, but for VA TECH running the 4-3 is fine.