What player(s) do you miss?

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by thafuture3886, Apr 22, 2013.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

With most of us except for Troy i think having new teams with the reboot of the CCM, i thought it would be interesting to list what player or players you miss from your former team and for what reason. I'll kick things off...

CB Patrick Peterson
    Possibly the 2nd best CB i've ever had on my team after Darrell Revis. His combination of speed, coverage and press ability was probably unmatched except for a few other cb's. With Peterson, i was able to leave him on an island many times and rolling coverage to other guys and not have to worry about him getting scorched. He didn't rack up the int numbers I expected but many people didn't throw at him too often.

QB Jason Merian
    Madden's draft version of Cam Newton, minus the throwing power. Merian could do it all, throwing short/intermediate/ deep and was always a threat to take off with his legs for a big gain. Having Merian helped me grow as a player because it was the first time i've ever had a mobile QB so i had to learn the read option and option to use him to the best of his ability. And he lead me to a Super Bowl (y)

OLB Khamari Jackson
    Drafted him in the 2nd round of the 1st draft and he played every game since. Immediately came in at about an 81 ovr beast with great pass rushing moves and also could hold the edge on outside runs. I compared him to a young James Harrison except he had great coverage skills for a rush olb and was able to stay with many tight ends(except Vernon Davis) in man coverage. Was a 10+ sack guy each year in the league and a terror on right tackles.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

DB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
    By far my favorite defensive player in recent Madden years. The guy was a shut down corner with great hands. There was numerous times where he appeared to be beat, only to makeup ground once the ball was in the air and pick it off. He was a key to my success defensively, and I have yet to find a replacement on the Bucs. (Although D. Goldson is an absolute animal with that hit stick!)

WR Desean Jackson
    Jackson had the ability to single handily win games for me. If he was having an off day as a receiver, he was probably returning a kick or two. To me, Jackson is the greatest weapon in this game. He was a great down field receiver, as well as a great guy to have cutting across the middle. I signed Josh Cribbs in hopes that he would be my D-Jax of the Bucs, but so far there is no comparison. He does have a kick return so far through 4 games, but thus far does not compare to D-Jax's talent or threat.

MLB Demeco Ryans
    Ryans had plenty big plays for me in Philadelphia. He was great in coverage and surprisingly good hands for a linebacker. I've been struggling without him so far. Mason Foster is a far cry from Ryans, especially in drop back coverage. He's also had a couple easy picks bounce right off of his hands. Hopefully he gets it together, but so far I am missing Demeco in my lineup!!

• Like Like x 3
  3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I love this idea Curtis! I definitely miss my Panthers squad, as I had finally gotten to the point where i felt like the team didn't have any holes. But here are the players/positions where I miss them most:

QB - Cam Newton
    This one is an obvious first choice by a long shot. Cam had progressed to be one of the best QBs in the league and was truly the total package. He had the arm strength and accuracy to all areas of the field, and of course he had the running ability of a halfback. Like Curtis, I had never really played with a mobile quarterback and I too feel I became a better player after learning to do so. I went from really not caring for mobile QBs, to realizing just how much more dynamic an offense could be with one. When I took over the Browns, one of my main areas of focus was adding this type of QB, but the opportunity never presented itself. Cam is by far my favorite player from my time with the Panthers, and I would jump at the opportunity to grab a quarterback like him again.

TE - Greg Olsen
    While I miss my starting receivers, Patrick Wilkerson & Anthony Jackson, and their amazing skill sets; I have some pretty good receivers on my Browns squad to make up for it. Olsen was such a great and reliable weapon in my Carolina offense. He was a great pass catching tight end, but also developed into one of the best run blocking tight ends in the league. With his speed and run blocking ability, he was great on the edge or as a down field blocker for the Carolina ball carriers. Couple that with his exceptional pass catching abilities and you couldn't ask for a better tight end. While my Browns squad has a couple of promising young pass catchers, none are anywhere near the well rounded product that Olsen provided for me.

MLB - Keith Williams
    This one may be a surprise pick, as he was not even a starter for my Carolina squad. While Kuechly and Beason were two of the best linebackers around, and a blast to play with, it was mainly Williams speed that makes me miss him. A late round pick, who was projected to go undrafted, I was shocked to see Williams had 99 SPD! A very raw player, he was mainly a special teams contributor and came in occasionally as a pass rusher. He definitely excelled in kickoff coverage, and most of the time was the first man to meet the returner. I have never before seen a linebacker with his speed, so he was definitely a treat to have on my team.

That's my top three guys that I miss from my Panthers squad. One of my absolute favorite players with the Panthers didn't make the list, because he has joined me in Cleveland. Cornerback Chris Gamble was lights out for me with the Panthers, I believe he led or shared the league lead in INTs in each played season, and I was thrilled at the opportunity to bring him to the Dawg Pound with me. I definitely miss the entire defense that led the league in all three yardage categories (total, passing, & rushing) in our final season, but I feel I have put together a pretty promising defense already here in Cleveland.

• Like Like x 3
  4. thafuture3886

99 speed for a lb?!! Wow

• Like Like x 1
  5. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

MLB -- Patrick "Mothafuckin" Willis -- what can I say...the dude was thee complete package on the defensive side of the ball. Will hit you and make your 5 dollar ass into some change... had better coverage skills than some No. 1 CB's in the league. Speed and power and was just a damn MAN when the ball was hiked..

TE -- Vernon "Throw It Anywhere" Davis -- My go to guy on the offensive side of the ball...made some unbelievable plays at the TE position with his speed and athleticism. Was a problem on the stretch route or any route for that matter.. but once he got behind you....it was a done deal. This guy was easily one of the top guys on the team..offensive or defensive wise.

SS -- "I'll Clean That Up" Dawkins -- I forgot his 1st name...but I drafted this guy with nasty speed at 95 and he was a heavy hitter...he covered the field VERY well and cleaned up what the front guys miss thoroughly! The clean up man is what we called him on defense...cause if you got pass Willis..Bowman..Smith...you had hell to pay with this guy...could he would lay you thee fuck out!

WR -- "I Make Plays" Gordon -- Forgot his 1st name as well...but I got this guy from the Panthers in a trade and he came in and went to work immediately. He stretched the field and would go up and get the ball and just flat out played.. he was exactly what I needed to lift some pressure off of Vernon Davis.

• Like Like x 4
  6. thafuture3886

I don't miss Willis or Davis :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

As the Bengals owner i miss:

AJ Green- oh wait i never had him
    Andy Dalton- crap, never had him either
    Colin kaepernick- i wish i had a qb that could do so little and win an incredible 2 games, fantastic!

Actually my only serious name was my HB i drafted Dontre Butler, i loved his blend of power and not slowness, cant really call it speed but coud get to a corner and pound the rock on smaller guys, just a little toughness issue was all he had. might sound odd, but besides him id take just about any starter on my current squad over what i had in cincinatti

oh yea, reggie bush who lead the league in our 2nd for punt returns with double digits i believe and at least 5 kick returns

• Like Like x 4
  8. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

While I have no doubt that Willis and Davis were great, I can vouch for their replacements in Beason and Olsen. ;)

The WR was Josh Gordon, who is currently doing his thing in Cleveland for me. (y)

• Like Like x 2
  9. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Well, I still have Dallas but, 2 guys I really miss are:
    HB Jerome Washington: led Dallas to the SB in his rookie season and ended up winning SB MVP honors. Nice power runner with enough speed to break away from the defense.
    TE ???: I can't believe I forgot his name already...lol This guy was a beast though. Faster than Vernon Davis and a 99JMP rating. Endzone threat and no match for LBs. I remember guys catching on and calling Nickel defenses whenever I came out in 2 TE sets. One more season of XP to work on his route running and he would've won those battles vs DBs, too...

• Like Like x 2
  10. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Staley was his last name. Don't remember his first...

11. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Every year ive been in 12th ive been the Colts. For one i love playing in Lukois Oil...almost feels like my online home lol. Second i knew they were a bunch of yougsters and the thought of developing them was awesome. So as for the missed individuals...here we go.

QB ANDREW LUCK: Lets be real here...going in, everyone knew he'd be a stud. Well at least i did. In his last year all his accuracy ratings were above 93...SCARY. He lead my squad to a Super Bowl win. Hes clearly #1 on my list. Doug will love this dude throughout...at least ive got Stafford to work with ;)

DT S. FUA: This guy was an absolute freak. A 6'6 300 pounder with a 80spd. Beyond unheard of. I was able to move him around the whole D line and would just cause chaos. He was a force and will be very missed.

WR TY Hilton: Straight up my boy. Early on no one on the planet knew who TY Hilton was, even in real life. My plan from the beginning was to turn this dude into a stud...and he sure as hell developed the way i expected. His 95 spd and route running in the end(65-88route run) was just lethal. Very missed.

FS ANTOINE BETHEA: Out of the gates Bethea's attribute were lethal. In the end i was able to mutate him into a freak. Always in every play. His awr, prc and pur and man coverage were silly good. He would always be all over the field. One of my leading tacklers each year. Love the guy.

TE FLEENER: Ummmmm....absolute mutant. Dudes burst off the line was nutty. He was always there for a big catch. Terrific speed and hands made him a VERY likeable player.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

I selected my 3 most missed players from the CLEVELAND BROWNS. I split the picks into an ACTUAL Browns player, a TRADED for player, AND a DRAFTED Player.

Corner Back – Joe Haden - ACTUAL Browns player
    -He is one of the most dependable CB’s I have come across in Madden. He had frequent picks six’s from season to season, and was hands down the Browns best player.

Wide Receiver – Larry Fitzgerald - TRADED for player
    -The Browns had a choice, start a new era with the speedy Jason Merian at QB…or trade a 5th,7th round picks for Vick, and instead get Larry Fitzgerald and still keep an early first round pick in the Merian draft. Larry Fitzgerald was always good for at least one amazing catch a game that would make you drop your jaw a little bit. He will be missed.

Safety – Dexter Cleveland - DRAFTED Player

-This was one of those 90’s speed and hit power draft gem safeties. The match was undeniable as Dexter CLEVELAND was drafted by the CLEVELAND Browns. He did not disappoint as he would cause fumbles and pick of passes at a considerable rate. We weren’t sure about taking a Safety with the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft…but it worked out marvelously.

• Like Like x 3
  13. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Andrew

14. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

This is a great post Curtis! I'll follow up using the same format that Michael Overman had provided. (y)

Actual Dolphins player...
    SS Reshad Jones
    Dude is the most underrated DB in the game IMO. Loved having that guy as a safety valve in the defensive backfield! So dependable in my defensive schemes.

Player received via trade...
    HB Doug Martin
    That cat can flat out produce! Inside, outside, upside, or downside, he could carry the rock wherever I needed him to go... That is, except for when I had to play Curtis in the 2016 Superbowl. Thanks to James for sending him my way! Enjoy him in Tampa, Loren. Dude is good shit! ;)

Drafted player...
    WR Deonte Young
    Drafted the rookie in the first round of the 2014 draft. He was a 6'2, 211 lb receiver with superstar talent. With attributes like 98 spd, 99 acc, 84 awr, and 88 cth right out of the box, he was destined to be successful. He was all that and then some as his intangibles on the field were even more amazing than his attributes alone... WITNESS!

• Like Like x 1
  15. thafuture3886

he MAY be available this off season ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

I have my same team only a couple I things I miss.

1. WR J. Knox- dude could flat out fly. He kept teams honest and prevented teams from keying on my TE tandems.

2. The Pats moved McCourty from cb to SS. WTFRENCH TOAST. I dont like it and it forced me to draft a cb in the 1st round of the draft.