What position are you looking for this offseason/heading into next year?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Feb 6, 2012.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

This offseason, corner or anyone in the secondary for that matter is probably the biggest need... a stud corner to pair with my senior McDonald would be great... and next year, i am going extremely hard after at least 2 receivers, i am losing 4 guys at that position... so reloading is essential.... also trying to keep an eye on my QB spot... as i will have 2 seniors and 2 juniors....

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I will be looking at OL, DT, S and CB. Possibly another FB, but might wait until S11.

3. JrRawlins

i got lucky and grabbed a juco so FB this year.... so i should be set for a while..... but any upgrade at lineman i can grab........ i will definitely look to do....

but grabbing a big time WR or CB is something i would love to do.......

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I need corners all of a sudden. I have two young ones that are good, but I need at least two more now.

5. JrRawlins

while i openly know you wont strike out.... i am praying you only get one.... last year's secondary was good enough, despite 3 of them leaving, i am sure you will be fine... bastid...

6. OMlawdog

The reason my secondary was so good was that my 5th and 6th DB's were damn good. Going against SHaun who goes no huddle is tough if your 5th and 6th corner is a 70 OVR. My 5th DB this year was a 85 OVR.

If I can bring Brown back, I should be solid again, just not as elite as this year.

Conley was special. Between Brown, Brown and Conley they had 17 Interceptions. That is a monster number.

I had 29 interceptions as a team last year. That is just a sick number.

7. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

DT will be my main target. I missed on a couple of guys during the regular season, so I'm still looking for one. MLB isn't a huge need, but Drifter's about to steal a 3rd one from me, so I'll probably try to sign one just on principle.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

My entire offensive line is returning which is good, they got ass raped all year and hopefully will get some sexy progression points. My linebacker core is taking a huge blow as I lose 5 seniors, all starting LB's. I do have some backups, but nothing as good as this season. My CB core is looking above average as I have a steady pipeline of 3 stars to start their RSJR and RSSR season in the low to mid 80s. This goes for my safeties as well.

I am absolutely stacked at RB with 6 RB's over 80. Sadly with these sliders it is hard to run unless you have a very good offensive line. My WR core is taking a hit as I lose 3 Senior starters. 1,000 yard WR Adam Kirk returns for his Senior season, but will be occampanied by a couple of underclassmen which need development.

My TE's both return and will allow me to run and throw out of double tight and power running formations.

Look for Iowa to return to the trusted offensive of the Georgia Tech days...... 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

9. JrRawlins

i did the same with my o-line, they got destroyed about 2 years ago.... but as juniors they are waay better.....

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Same boat I'm in as well. The picture I posted in the summary thread pretty much sums up the season my line had.

11. OMlawdog

Right now I realized with Williams leaves at DT, I only have two DT's on my entire roster. Now I signed a 300 lb DE that Im moving to DT, but that means I will still be one DT short. Hopefully he comes back.

12. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Sounds like if there's a DT in the offseason he'll be heavily recruited by users. Hopefully he's from Cali or Texas.

13. OMlawdog

I really need bodies at this point. My recruiting class right now is in the 40's, and I missed on every big time recruit I went after this year.

I only have 11 commits, and with the two losses, and looking at maybe two more I could have 6 spots open. I need to sign at least three this offseason. I'll be going up against Drifter I have a feeling on most.

14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yep, I haven't signed this many 3 stars since I was at UAB.

15. Emmdotfrisk

yeah my class is pathetic. I don't think one guy will come in over 75 for me this year.

16. OMlawdog

I don't have a guy committed right now that projects to be 75 or over.

17. Emmdotfrisk

well at least the rich don't get richer lol. Midwest and Northeast recruits were terrible this year.

18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I really need a premier HB. I havent recovered from my loss of Allen and have been relying on average at best backs. Could always use a few stud Olinemen