What position have you missed on so far in recruiting?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Sep 23, 2010.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

What position have you missed on so far in recruiting?

For me its easy. Quarterback. In three seasons I have signed some pretty average QB's and I missed out on both QB's this season, and unless there is a mega stud that gets created in the offseason, I will have Cotton and two scrubs.

The need for a stud QB has never been higher for a Lawdog coached team.

So what position have you missed out on so far in recruiting?

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    All of them?

Definitely missed on Offensive and Defensive line so far. I can't get anyone with any real talent to come in and play right away. Really going to hurt us next year...

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

DT has been a huge miss for me. I'm absolutely strapped for this position this year. Last year there was a 5 star recruit ATH who would of made a perfect DT from Missouri but we couldn't keep him in state.

CB, safeties, and WRs are the other areas I'm missing. I've had good DBs up till now, in the next couple seasons, things could get ugly if I don't land some quality secondary players. WR hasn't been too bad cause I've got a good stockpile of talent. Washington has been a stud and it looks like Jimmie Hunt is starting to emerge in his sophomore year. I need to keep stuffing this pipeline though with the offensive strategy I'm trying to use.

4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

The Positions i have missed so far are definitely O-lineman and HB and CB.... O-lineman is definitely the worst because i have gotten commits from guys but they have been below average at best and now i am stuck with them and have to hope they can grow....
    my recruiting at TE and WR has been very good, along with Linebacker.......

5. GoGators

An interesting thing to consider in this also is the teams you have to defend against. For instance, with the Missouri - KState battle in the Big 12 North, I have to prepare to defend what JR is trying to build. It seems like he's working towards a pro style single back offense utilizing big backs and TEs. This puts an even bigger emphasis on my DT issue because I know w/o those guys in the middle, it'll be tough to stop the big bruiser Spencer Ware with much success. Luckily, as JR has pointed out, his lineman aren't very good so he's giving me a bit of a cushion so far.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

DEFENSE........fuck i am screwed!

7. JrRawlins

yeah, my o-line is young... ill start 1 senior and 3 sophomore next season and a redshirt freshman.... in the secondary i will be starting 2 freshman, 1 sophomore and a probably a senior, but i am not totally sure who will man the safety positions, I know Garner will start im just not sure where yet....

8. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I haven't been able to land any good CBs. I don't know why but there aren't many interested in Texas even though I'm in dire need. Oh, and I recruited the shittiest punter in the history of NCAA Football.

One bright spot though is QB. Last year I got one that came in at an 80 OVR and he is redshirting this year. I'm anxious to see if he progresses enough to start over Connor Wood next season.

9. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I've missed out some recruits, and some recruits I've counted on turned out to be duds.

However, for the most part I'm please with my team, I just need some depth at all positions except QB, HB, and WR.

I'm always looking to improve my o-line and d-line though.

10. JrRawlins

Its funny that some guys overall ratings are low but once you get them on the field, they can play lights out... my freshman MLB Ray Adams (70 overall)finally got on the field against Missouri because of my bitterness over Blake Slaughter's play against Oklahoma ( at least 5 missed tackles when i started counting and he was getting picked on in coverage) Adams played well against Missou, as well as to be expected.... and against Colorado 8 tackles 3 pass deflections 2 ints and 1 sack.... so i am excited to see how he does the rest of the way...........

11. GoGators

That is true. Just when you start to think ratings actually matter..........

It's happened to me as well, some guys have played really well, then I go look at their ratings on my depth chart and they're like low 70s. I can't tell if it's because EA's overall rating formula is just jacked up, or if this is something that really shouldn't be happening.

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

With guys ovl you should look at awr cause sometimes they have a good skill set, but their awr level is so low their ovl sucks.

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I have missed out on getting a good speedy back. Right now my speedster has 88 spd. Dt is going to be a problem as well, but I am starting to like my secondary alot.

14. JrRawlins

Yeah that corner you have is a damn stud... he will only stay 3 years... im not looking forward to playing him at all.... I might start calling him Wilson "Island".... I am gonna try him though..... I have too... but i am certain Klein will get picked off at least once by him maybe twice.... I might start my redshirt freshman or at least play him heavily against the BC.... even though he has no shot at ever starting for KSU, just out of pure spite for Klein....

15. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

One position that you can't fake is DL and OL. If your OL and DL suck, you won't be able to stop the run, and won't be able to run the ball. Now you may still be able to sling it, but running the ball is simply out of the question.

16. JrRawlins

yeah i cant wait til my young guys develop... i have some solid running backs but they get no holes to run in... last year Ware was running wild this year.... not so much....