What positions are you looking to upgrade in the offseason?

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by JrRawlins, Apr 8, 2012.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

The Raptors are looking to get a backup point guard ... But the real prize for the Raptors this offseason will be to acquire a starting small forward as the Raptors have around 13 million in cap room. A max salary player is a possibilty for us, but it is more likely we will try to acquire a mid level forward who can compliment our featured scorers. The backup point guard could end up being a rookie...
    Players Not Available
    DeMar DeRozan
    Andrea Bargnani
    Ed Davis

Players Available
    Jose Calderon
    Amir Johnson
    James Johnson

Pending free Agents
    Jerryd Bayless
    Tyler Honeycutt

Team options that will be exercised
    Manny Harris
    Gary Forbes

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

For the pistons the main goals will be solidifying the back up PG position. As of right now Our main target is extending current back up PG rookie Andrew Goudelock, he has shown to be a very capable back up and with a season of progress and a training camp we think he will continue to get better. Our other goals will be the acquisition of a back up big man with the retirment of Ben Wallace we will need somebody to come in and fill his role. SF is also another postion of need on the bench. Austin Daye performed well late in the season so if we can get him back as well as another quality SF we will be quite happy.

So we are basically looking for 3 players, PG ,SF, and C to solidify our bench. We dont forsee any changes to the starting 5.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The Grizzlies won't be players in FA, as they are over the cap, but they will be matching offers to restricted FAs OJ Mayo, Maurice Speights and Dorrell Arthur. The moves insiders are expecting to see are via trade, as new GM Dru has never been afraid to pull the trigger on a deal. Word is that the team isn't thrilled with the defensive play at PG (where Mike Conley's offense does not outweigh his lack of defense on opposing 1's), and that the team may look to see if a more athletic could help the overall team D. GM Dru has made it known that both players are available for a good offer.

In the draft the team has indicated they will draft the best player available regardless of position.

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

We'll be looking to add a backup C, probably through the draft. I doubt we're players in the rest of the offseason unless a can't miss trade possibility comes up.

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Unrestricted FA:
    PF Craig Smith 28-will not be offered a contract during the resigning period
    Amir Johnson-will not be offered a contract during the resigning period
    Kirk Heinrich-will not be offered during the resigning period
    Boris Diaw-will not be offered during the resigning period
    Gilbert Arenas-will not be offered during the resigning period

Restricted:
    Nicolas Batum-will match
    Greg oden-will match
    Jeremy ryan-will offer..

looking to make a splash in FA will go after a max deal player, but as everyone knows my preference is CP3. with that said D12 wouldn't be a bad consolation.

6. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'm gonna be looking to add a SF. I don't really have a whole lot of tradable pieces, but the 2 biggest ones that I have (Rashard Lewis' expiring contract and my mid 1st round pick) will probably end up involved in any trade I make.

7. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

The Bobcats will look to use the draft to add a SG or SF and in FA just go after a bench player or two but don't really see us being a player for some of the bigger names in FA.

8. sonn

sonn Walk On

The Pacers go into the offseason with about 30 million in cap space and will look to make a major splash in free agency. The main target will be a wing to go along with Paul George so we'll likely have to explore the RFA market. The team will also offer to the top UFA in hopes of signing a max player. Next year's Pacers will look very different from 11-12 edition of the team. The only players that have been assured of coming back with the team is George and Joakim Noah.

UFA
    G Lance Stephenson
    G AJ Price
    F Grant Hill
    C/PF Dan Gadzuric
    G Shannon Brown
    PF/C Louis Amundson

Team Options
    G CJ Watson
    PF Tyler Hansborough
    G/F Paul George
    PG Darren Collison

Player Options
    G/F Dahntay Jones

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

30 million in cap space...... god damn...

10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The Utah Jazz are in an extremely odd situation heading into the 2012 offseason. They have needs on the perimeter either needing to find themselves an improvement at the point or simply someone who can be counted on to hit a jumper consistently. Prior to the draft the Jazz only have ONE player under contract for the 2013 season (Matt Bonner). They can either look to improve through the trade market or ride out what is guaranteed to be at least 50 MILLION in cap space heading into the 2013 offseason. GM Justin Jones has a lot to consider and it will be interesting to see what happens with the Jazz between now and this time next year.

11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

The Thunder are in a position to make one more deep run next year with the same line up they sport this season. In free agency, the thunder will be looking at the middle to the the bottom of the barrel to pick up a 3rd point guard and a defense-minded Small-Forward. During the 2012-2013 season a decision needs to be made on James Harden and Serge Ibaka, two players that may command max deals and only one of which the Thunder can afford. Look for either Harden or Ibaka to be up on the block in the middle of next season.

Thabo Sefalosha will be brought back, but the question is for how long.

Cole Aldrich will most likely sign for the minimum and get another year to develop.

In the draft, the Thunder will draft the best available player, regardless of position.

12. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

The Knicks will not be making major moves in the offseason. There are several (smaller) contracts set to come off the books, including Bibby, Jeffries, Dampier, and Lin. Jeffries is probably the only one with a shot of returning as the other guys just really got no time in our rotation this season. Jeffries is a veteran big who still has some athleticism and defense in his old legs.

Landry Fields will also be a FA, and the Knicks staff has really struggled with whether or not to make a play for him. Fields as great at times, but was definitely the most inconsistent player on the Knicks roster this season. New York has Bill Walker who is chomping at the bit for the opportunity of a starting role.

As of now, it is looking like New York will have a very low 1st round pick, so the verdict is out on if whoever is taken there will even make the roster next season.

13. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm fucked....that is all.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Dallas will have about 22 million in cap space. Only 5 players are currently under contract I think. We definitely have to get younger. It looks like Jason Kidd will be retiring as he chose not to re-sign during the season. So the Mavs will probably go for a mid to high level PG to fill that void and leave enough cap. With my luck though offseason will be on a night I can't do it so I will get screwed. I need to get a PG, get younger at SF and fill out the rest of the roster. Hopefully Ian Mahinmi progresses so he can be the starter. In the draft we have plenty of options. Probably have 12 guys scouted at least 3 times.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  16. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Please don't the bbj get CP3. He'd be freakin unstoppable with Smith/Aldridge/CP3

I've also come to the realization thats its damn freakin difficult to beat a team that has an outside shooter at the 4.

17. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I have no cap room. So any move I make will be via trade. Speaking of which everyone on my roster is negotiable. Make offers.

18. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Clippers

SG - Billups retirement is really going to hurt, I'm going to miss his defense and 3-point shot. I'm hoping Foye progresses well but he's not much of a defender and is a streaky shooter. Leslie is decent at defense and has a good dunk rating but he always shot terribly even under the basket.

PG - Since its supposedly impossible to resign CP3 I'm doing to need help at PG. Mo Williams had some good games for me but played horribly in the Trailblazers series and was one of the main reasons I got my butt whooped. Going to be hard to make up for CP3's stealing ability too. Bledsoe didn't get much playing time so I don't know what if anything he's going to be able to contribute next season.

Big Men - I played the whole season with not enough big men and it hurt as I had to play KMart as my #2 C where he wasn't quite big enough to back people down, I'll probably lose him in the offseason too which sucks. That just leaves DeAndre Jordan, Blake Griffin, and Tompkins as my big men. Tompkins has an awkward shot but showed a lot of potential so I'm hoping he gets better.

I'm solid everywhere else depending on who I can resign in the off-season. It doesn't look like there are going to be any impact FAs on the market this season apart from CP3 as all the big names seem to want to re-up with their current teams. So my team is going to get a lot worse, eep.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Strategy with CP3, with the Bird Rights, just max out your hard cap and pray for the best lol

20. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

21. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

How can you even fit him under your cap with all the big players you already have?

Please for the love of god people, don't let this happen.

22. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

It's no secret we still need a center. But we can also use a scorer off the bench at SG to pair up with Sweet Lou. Meeks and Robinson were busts. Other than that, we are set at PG, SF and PF.

I cant figure out how much money I have to spend, so that will be interesting :)

23. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

General manager > team budget > switch to '12-'13

-

Pretty sure it's 100% D Howard takes his player option. I just simmed through a season with the Magic and had him inactive all year, but he still took his option. I've simmed through a few seasons trying different scenarios and he always takes it. Deron Williams always does too.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  24. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah... I saw that. What number do I have to play with there?

25. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The salary cap will be the room you have to re-sign guys (with no bird rights) and FA's. The hard cap is what you have to play with in terms of Bird Rights, vets min, and your MLE.