What should I do TMFLers ?

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Danthraxxx, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Ok guys here is your chance to take out whatever hatred you have for me ..... I will make my next move based on poll results here , and frankly one of the options on the table is I quit TMFL and the whole site.

Question is :

What do I do about drafting Shaun's tight end he wanted ?

My case :

I did not pick 8th, I picked 14th, well behind Shaun. I had no idea he wanted this tight end , i however had this tight end #3 overall on my big board. I was considering, and asking around in fact, about moving up to take either Dozier, Farris or McClaine (the TE). I did not like the idea of giving the farm for one player, so I refrained. When Shaun got das boot offline from his ISP I expected somebody else to take him before me and tried to move up but nobody replied. I sat to #14 and low & behold he fell to me, my #3 fell to 14 overall and I took him. I have almost zero doubt that anybody in my place would have done the same thing.

This changed how I drafted as I was starting to get ready to trade down, infact I had a deal on the table with Cheez to move back, I also had been in talks with Peench to move back for 2 first rounders. So when my top two went fast I was looking to move, then my #3 falls to me.

So I went about my draft, had my best draft in any version of TMFL , as well as free agency. I was fucking stoked for my season ...... then a funny thing happened..... people stopped giving Keller shit and instead started giving me shit, for doing what I feel 99% of the league would have done.

So seeing that I am about to become the new Keller ( sorry bud, recall I have been more forgiving of you than most) I offered to trade my #3 overall guy to Shaun for his tight end..... who was not even in my top 30 to be frank.

So in typical Dan fashion I lashed out at Baron in the chat box, which I have apologized to him for, but still a bad move. I then sent a PM to Shaun asking if he wanted to trade or if I should cut him , I did not want to do either, but I was feeling guilty that Shaun got screwed. I do feel bad for him, but I don't see anybody feeling bad for Peench or Rich , I also don't see anybody else offering up to trash the draft they had to help Shaun out. After talking to a good friend I decided to keep the TE that I do really, really like. Not because I don;t feel bad for Shaun, but I don't feel like I should be the guy who has to fall on the grenade.

So I ask you TMFL , what should I do ? What would you do ?

Honestly , I am getting to a breaking point with the league, and the whole site about this. I am on here 24/7 , it has become my second home, I have made friends wtih some of you and have planned to hang out when we can and offered to come hang out with some of you, I even golfed with TMFL's most hated Keller I found him to be a pretty damn decent guy. To be frank, no homo hear but I love this place , or did until now.

I have given IRL friends my last dollar, my last smoke when I was a smoker, given away desktops , picked guys up from trouble at any hour, I am one of the most loyal person you would ever meet IRl , and frankly I don't appreciate how I am being treated here.

I came to TSO because I lost a friend over an NCAA game, and I wanted to find some guys who value friendship over a stupid league, but yet love the competition and sports. Now I have considered leaving for the same reason I came here : (

2. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

You didn't do anything wrong and in all honesty it would be pretty fucking dumb for you to have to give up your pick considering the circumstances. You didn't know who Shaun intended to take and none of us knew what happened to him. Unfortunate that it happened but it is what it is.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Keep the guy, stay on the site, and stay in the league.

Shaun will be fine.

4. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I dont think anyone should have said anything to you the same goes for Keller after the fact. It's a damn video game plain and simple. This isn't someone's job, we aren't here to make money we are here for fun.

I missed 2/3 of the season last year because i hosed up my back

• Like Like x 2
  5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Well you should have put the TV on the damn ceiling then (y)

7. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    haha thanks grav

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Danthraxxx I don't think you did anything wrong. It's just a bad situation, one that no one could have seen coming. It sucks for you because from what you said, everyone has been coming at you about this, and for shaun because his Internet went out at the worst possible moment. I get what you're saying that if that TE isn't there, it changes what you do with your draft. I haven't really interacted with you on the site but I really would hate to see you or anyone else quit over something like this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    For the record, I've never asked Dan to trade me anything. I hate the fact my draft was ruined, but I'm not going to blame others for my misfortune, it isn't my style.

I made some comments post draft that were unfair and I've apologized in private to Dan.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I don't think it's fair to you to have to trade your #1 pick. It sucks for Shaun that his internet died and it's killed his motivation to play but I don't want to see you leave the league or the site over a video game player that in a couple months means nothing because we'll have a new game. I wouldn't sweat it. Keep the TE, stay in the league, stay on the site. Don't let it bother you if people think it's not fair.

11. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Shaun knows you didn't do it on purpose, its not like you cut the cord to his internet.

Its not that big of a deal. Don't let it be.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm not going anywhere. Give me a few games and I'll be over it.

For the last time: I don't want Dan to trade me. I WON'T accept the trade. He did nothing wrong. End of discussion.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

yeah I've never seen you openly ask fro the trade or even agree to it.

As far as you, I figured you'd turn the xbox on , kickoff your next game and be just as motivated. We have other drafts & I always can send badass ball snaggin Jacob Tamme to Cleveland :p

14. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Victim of circumstances, everyone will live.

15. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Dan, you didn't do anything wrong. No one knew Shaun had trouble until almost the 3rd round when he came back. Its a shitty situation

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  16. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Now that this is settled let's play some football

17. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

....... If you feel that you have to give the guy up, Oakland will accept him with open arms.

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I know you want to drop this Shaun Mason , so for respect to the league that I once really enjoyed , I will make this my last post about it...... and if I cross a line here and its my last post period, so be it.

Those of you who think this convo would be happening if it Masler who had that happen (just a random vet, nothing personal dude) you are kidding yourself. Some of you guys are either hypocritical jack wasggons( 1st example is hating on Keller for having too much draft knowledge, yet some guys asked him during the chat for intel lol) or are on Shaun's nuts so hard you are dying to be his yes man, either way I give 2 :doodie: about you if you feel I should fuck my self over for Shaun or the league. I don't see anybody offering up some of there players to help out.

Oh , and @PAgamer when you get off your high horse feel free to shove that GIF right up your ass buddy. You said I should trade Shaun that tight end in the CB today ..... really ? lol .... you are the grand puba of SIM , how the fuck is that SIM ? "Then when I PM you about it you say it does suck but something must be done " .... really ? I don't see anybody flipping out that Peench had a shit draft from the CPU. I may be retarded as you stated in the best damn content thread but at least my vocabulary has ownership of the words hypocrite & integrity, you should look them up sometime.

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Is this like suicide by cop?

20. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Shaun Mason, just take my TE.

I don't need a TE like that and apparently some people have an issue with me getting him the way I did. Despite him being the only Superstar player I drafted, I have no beef giving him up. Hell I'll give him to you for free. I mean sure, I'll take a body at TE if someone wants to give me one (especially since Matthew Mulligan vanished) but hell I really don't care.

Or if you guys want to work out some TE swap situation, and rotate TE's around... I don't care.

Whatever keeps Danthraxxx in the league and gives Shaun a decent TE to keep everybody happy. Both guys deserve it.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I am fine. I don't need anyone's charity.

22. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Stop getting all emo and grow a pair. Christ..

• Like Like x 1
  23. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I don't think taking the TE was wrong, especially if you didn't know Shaun was going to take him there or that his internet went out at the time.

With that this thread is kind of crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  24. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

We talked in private. You're fine Dan. Now if you want to go after the dude's that are talking shit about what you did and drove you to this point then by all means, but I would say the majority of people who have a sense of reason would say you did nothing wrong, owe Shaun nothing, and should continue doing your thing.

I can appreciate you being real in this thread despite one person in particular (PAGamer) trying to make a joke out of it. I don't think it's a joke, I think you're really distraught over the whole thing and that sucks cause you're a great guy.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

This is crazy. His internet took a shit....fucked up his draft....move on. No one should have to give Shaun a player. This is one of the craziest things I've read on this site, and that says a lot.

• Like Like x 3