What should Jayrah's penalty be?

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

So, it would appear that our esteemed coach at Texas A&M has exceeded his allowed number of scholarships this season. Last cycle, I planned on the penalty for oversigning being that the offending coach would be required to cut the highest rated recruit he signed for every player oversigned, but I want to be certain that I'm not being too harsh.

In any case there needs to be a penalty for oversigning, so if anyone has another idea please post it.

gowazzucougs
    recchem2000
    whygodwhy1111
    Wyrmreaver
    MexiRican35
    Jayrah
    Cheez
    Boom29
    Kapono
    SatansAngel1104

2. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

That's a love tap...... Cut highest rated recruit plus cut highest rated non-special teams player.... At least that is what I would do. In addition, there would have to be an entertaining story about why the player left for the team (supplemental draft, violation of team rules, motorcycle injury etc)

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

If someone leaves in the offseason will he be off the hook?

4. Dru50

No, the rule is to prevent users from stockpiling talent away from the CPU. If you are recruiting for planned early draft entrants you should not offer those players scholarships until the offseason. The rule is pretty clear, and I'm sure this was an oversight by Jayrah but there still needs to be a penalty applied.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Death penalty!

6. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dru50

Pending hearing from Jayrah regarding some reason why he over signed, he will be required to cut the #5 DE Keith Guidry who I believe is his highest ranked incoming recruit.

8. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Dru50 Now hold up just one second there patna! Mr Mike Evans and Mr Brandon Williams have been talking privately about their planned move to the NFL. There are rumors that there are others as well.

Our values here at Texas A&M are pure. We are not purposefully stockpiling talent away from the other teams around the country. We have set a plan in motion and believe all of these players would sign to us in the event that the case listed above is correct, but 2 have not yet made their final decisions. Our board has been updated with the LIKELIHOOD OF SIGNING from the final two players on it. If our top players decide NOT to leave school as we expect at least one of them will, we will take our offers off the table to one of the final two players remaining.

A warning to me not to update my recruiting board until the commitments are signed.... :p

9. Dru50

Jayrah, the rules are pretty clear and have never changed, you can never have commitments that would put you over 70 players, period. If you think you have guys who might leave early you can recruit guys to fill those spots but you CANNOT sign them until they actually have left school.

Or are you saying you have not signed them but put them on your board? I'm getting confused here.

10. Dru50

Ok, now I get it. Why the F are you putting guys on your board that you haven't signed lol? Way to create confusion. From here on out please only put guys on your board that have committed, the board is there so that I can monitor signings, not wishful thinking of the future.

11. Jayrah

:D I gotta do my coach/media thing. It's fun to get ppl riled up around here.

For clarification, I haven't signed the final two players on my board yet. Bryant is soft and Green just jumped to 1st on my board as of the Conference Championship week. I can still retract my offers to either of them should my top players not leave and I would not have over-signed. Sorry for the confusion of putting them on the board early. I had the time so just trying to save a step so I didn't forget to add them later. Planned on erasing the proper player from the board should my anticipation be incorrect and I have to retract an offer.

12. Jayrah

Check!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  13. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I think since we made this thread and all, we should apply a penalty anyways. ;)