What should WSU's playbook be?

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by gowazzucougs, Feb 8, 2011.

?

Which playbook should I choose

Poll closed Feb 10, 2011.
  1. WSU

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Ball State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Eastern Michigan

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

After some serious debate with myself, I have decided to pull the Air Raid offense, and go with a more traditional WSU offense (one back playbook). The reason for this is because well my best player is at running back, and I think I have built a decent enough line to actually be able to run the ball on a consistent basis. After trying out several playbooks this morning, I have narrowed down my choices. Sorry Vandermint I am not running the Triple Option. There may be a third choice, Eastern Michigan ( I think it has a two back shotgun formation). If any East Coasters want to look it up and tell me when you get home that would be great as well. Folks, we need the answer tonight before I take on Vandermint and UNC.

2. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I am also looking at switching to a one-back offense and I like WSU because it has a good mix of ACE and Shotgun.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I haven't looked at WSU's playbook before, but if you are looking for a pretty good playbook take a look at Clemson. It's listed as a spread, but it has a number of under center looks from Ace and I-Form. The shotgun options are pretty good as well.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I did really well with the Fresno State playbook which is a one back playbook. It has like 10 variations of shotgun and 4 or 5 ace sets.

plus that goofy ass wildcat (bulldog) package.

5. gowazzucougs

On the Clemson playbook I didn't look at it because it is considered "spread". It's classified as spread because of that damn hurry up, but I may look at it before my game with Vandermint tonight. In addition there were will be another poll question in the Cougar Season Preview.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Yeah, I used the Clemson playbook two seasons ago and was surprised that they called it a spread playbook. It has about 5-6 Ace formations and 3-4 I-Form packages, so it plays more like a Multiple playbook.

7. gowazzucougs

If the playbook has I formation, I probably shouldn't use it. As a person who has been following Cougar football for 15-20 years, we don't believe in fullbacks. Only once have I seen the Cougars use an H Back, and he was quite good. I mean it could be fourth and inches at the goalline, and you will not see one on the field. (This fucking kills me, because we usually don't get the yardage). The only reason I have one is because the game requires one or two.

8. gowazzucougs

guys the poll is tied at 1 between WSU and East. Michigan. We need to break the tie, or I will have no offense tonight as I face UNC.