What team(s) interest you for M15?

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by klaximilian, Jun 1, 2014.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Obviously, we'd like to hold our cards close to the chest so no one swoops on our team in the next lottery, but just curious of the early favorites next year. I've got no problem giving some of my early favorites before the ratings are released…I think everyone knows my #1 team year after year.

NY Jets: Homer pick, yes. More talent than the previous release….no doubt. Added CJ2K, Vick, Decker, Ford (speed baby), and rookies Calvin Pryor (Louisville Slugger) and TE Jace Amaro. They'll always be my #1, but there are at least 16 other teams that would be more talented and suitable to my liking. I'll still consider them a heavy favorite for my pick if they are available.

St. Louis Rams: Been saying I'd take them for years. The Rams have so much youth and talent since Fisher and Snead took over. Tavon Austin can be deadly, and I like the addition of RB Tre Mason. The Rams have an absolutely disgusting DLine and OLine. The trenches are where the battles are won. Jenkins, Johnson, McDonald, and Joyner all round out a solid back end for the defense. Good sleeper pick. Is this the year they aren't taken late in the draft?

Arizona Cardinals: The defense is gross. Washington is going to be missed, but PP3, Cromartie, Honey Badger, and rookie Deone Buchanon make the defense very hard to move the ball on. The front 7 has been solid for years, and that hasn't changed. RB Ellington should be able to give the Cards an offensive weapon they have lacked at the RB position for years.

NO Saints: Brees, Graham, and rookie Brandin Cooks on offense. Need I say more? The defense took a huge step in the right direction last year, and solidified the back end with Jarius Byrd and 2nd year SS Kenny Vaccaro. This Rob Ryan hybrid D should be a force in 2014.

Indianapolis Colts: Luck. And a lot of WRs. Wayne, Hilton, Nicks, Fleener, Allen, Rogers, Moncrief. Lots of guys to throw to. The defense has taken a step forward since Pagano took over, but the offense is really the gem on this team. Richardson's rating may take a hit in M15, but he should still be a good back to play with in Madden.

So, what say you Madden brethren?

Avery (@AveryB) - Steelers
    Brad (@HogeB33) - Rams
    Carl T. (@CTfromDC) - Bengals
    Charlie (@KingPatron) – 49ers
    Chris (@CSteud) - Packers
    Curtis (@thafuture3886) - Colts
    Danny (@DJDunn6) - Dolphins
    Dave (@saintsdave75) - Texans
    Doug (@CHUNKNESS) - Jaguars
    Eddie (@pittrocks43) - Saints
    Glen (@Glen Cieske) – Raiders
    James M. (@cry_havoc) - Giants
    James Y. (@Phenom) - Broncos
    Jeremy (@Jeremy) - Buccaneers
    Jim (@LtJustice) - Seahawks
    Jon (@Warhawk AKA dreadman) - Redskins
    Josh (@Josh Barnes) - Ravens
    Kenri (@DarkKnight89) - Vikings
    Kris (@Coach KO) - Eagles
    Lawon (@MrWitness36) - Falcons
    Loren (@ThaBayouChef) - Titans
    Michael O. (@Michael Overman) - Sentinels
    Mike A. (@Miki1369) - Cardinals
    Mike C. (@chance17) - Lions
    Moe (@CaptMoe) - Cowboys
    Murad (@smokeface) - Patriots
    Pope (@dablakpope) - Browns
    Reis (@Mugga) - Panthers
    Ryan (@RVallee) - Bears
    T.J. (@klaximilian) - Jets
    Troy (@redlishus) - Chiefs

• Like Like x 3
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

STEELERS! First time I genuinely want the home team

• Like Like x 2
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

N.O. Saints: They've been there the past two releases for me to take, and I've passed on them both times. (In large part due to Madden underrating the crap out of some players). Our defense should be a top 10 D in the game. And with the additions of Brandin Cooks on the outside opposite Marques Colston on offense, Stanley Jean Baptiste as a starting nickel back and Jairus Byrd on the back end with Vaccaro; it would be very hard for me to pass them up this go round. And I haven't even talked about our youth and speed combo at rushing the passer.

Tampa Bay Bucs: They had a great offseason last year, and paired that with an excellent offseason this year. I ran the ball very good this release once I brought Doug Martin on board in Tennessee. He may have won me over for next release. Pair him with V-Jax and the rookies Mike Evans and Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, and Tampa finally has a legit offense. They may struggle at QB for a season or two, but once a franchise QB is brought in; they would be a weapon. Defensively they're very sound. A great secondary and one of the best LB's in the game with Lavonte David puts this team high on my list, even though they're a division foe.

Cincinnati Bengals: Vontaze Burfict was a monster last season racking up the most tackles in the entire NFL. They drafted Darqueze Dennard out of Michigan St., a player I was personally really high on. Their defense is really intriguing to me. On offense they have the young Gio Bernard at RB, as well as my boy Jeremy Hill out of LSU. A very nice 1-2 combo. AJ Green is AJ Green, who wouldn't love to have him on the outside?!

Jacksonville Jaguars: Say what you will, this team had a great offseason. They're going with a youth movement on offense, and brought in some nice veterans on defense. The sleeper of this draft for me was RB Storm Johnson out of UCF. He got taken in the 6th round I believe, and he has/had 2nd round talent IMO. He pairs up with his college QB Blake Bortles, who I think can be a great player in the Madden world. Whoever takes over this team has a solid foundation to build on, and while they may not compete right out of the gate; the Jaguars may be a team to wrecken with in M15.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Man.... I sucked like shit with the Skins this release! If they fall to me.... will be hard to pass up on them.... but I will since I played with them this release... I'd go with... in no particular order:

Lions
    Panthers
    Bengals
    Saints
    49ers
    Chiefs

• Like Like x 1
  5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I like how their LBs will look. Jarvis Jones, Shazier, Timmons. Ooooooweeeeeee.

That secondary though is ancient.

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Bucs are another sleeper like the Rams. I think someone that is defense-oriented and likes to run the ball will take a chance on them early. The team needs a franchise QB, so that would probably be the first position to fix via draft or FA.

Jags, while a good young team, probably will last until the end. They did have one of the best drafts though and could be a fun team to build.

• Like Like x 1
  7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Lots of firepower in Detroit, and as always it should be fun to play with Cam. That defense is nasty too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. thafuture3886

Allen, mitchell and thomas are pretty good and can work

9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

You're right, lol. Would take a lot for me to actually take them before like 25 or so. No true fan base hurts their Madden stock also. But, they'll be a nice team to own for someone who doesn't get a "lottery" pick.

11. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

I'm a Lions fan, and excited for the season both in real terms and Madden terms. With that said, I will have them in my other league, and so I would not choose them here as well. Most likely I would like to choose an AFC team but really not completely opposed to anyone besides Green Bay, Chicago, or Dallas. (Yes I sank into the Bears here, but was made easier by the fact it was so late into the season, the roster was almost completely revamped.)

It will be interesting to watch this year, especially since I'm sure I'll have a late pick in the team draft. Alot of the usual "crap" teams that are usually last to be picked, seem to be turning around finally and aren't such bad picks. Jags were mentioned, they might be a sneaky team, especially if they rate Bortles really well. The Cardinals are finally becoming a really nice team. The Rams. The Bills are an interesting team.

NFC-

Carolina -

Coming off a great season, they'll be rated well you would think. Cam is great in Madden. The defense should be top-notch, led by Kuechly. Kelvin Benjamin has impressed so far in OTA's from what I've read. I'd immediately cut D-Will and Stewart and start Barner, the perfect Madden HB. Also love the Panthers uniform options (yes sadly I'm a bit of a uniform whore, so this may be a common theme in my observations.)

Tampa Bay -

Another NFC South team, I also like what TB has done this offseason. The additions of Evans and Sef-Jenkins are huge to the offense. A solid running back and a QB in Glennon who you may groom or draft one in the next draft. Sneaky good defense with some studs in David, Barron, really like the addition of CB Verner.

Arizona & Rams-

Both great options. You'll be in the best division in football. The Cards have put together a sick defense. PP is a shutdown CB. Honey badger and safety Bucannon will be quite a pair. Possibly a QB to groom in Logan Thomas. Rams as well with another nice draft. They have pieces everywhere.

AFC-

Cincinnati-

I really like the Bengals. Gio Bernard is one of the best young HB's in the game. AJ Green might be the second best WR in the league. THey're good upfront. Need a decision on QB. The defense is underrated, and they always seem to have a ton of cap space. Uni's are pretty tight.

Baltimore -

Ravens are a team of liked since the 2000 SB run. I love defense, and they've always had that calling card. They are another team that I really love the uniform options. I liked their draft in Mosley and Brooks on defense. Offense scares me a bit, with Rice falling off, WR options after Torrey Smith, and Flacco's contract but t. I hey're a team I wouldn't mind using.

Kansas City -

Chiefs are another more material team for me. Have always liked the red and yellow of the uni's. And I also love Arrowhead stadium. Additon of De'anthony Thomas is huge Madden wise, will be interesting how they rate him. But him on a team with Jamal Charles and Kniles Davis who is no slouch is just ridiculous. Not an Alex Smith fan so I'd probably go with Bray (who was coming along nicely for the QSF Bears) or even Aaron Murray. Defense is on point, led by maybe the best Safety out there in Eric Berry.

Buffalo-

I kind of feel like the Bills are loaded. Fastest WR corp out there, probably by far. You have CJ Spiller in the backfield and now Bryce Brown also, who was buried behind LeSean McCoy in Philly. And a decent young QB to start with. Losing Jarius Byrd hurts for sure but still a stout defense. And another nice uni set!

Detroit-

Well whoever gets the Lions, here is my thoughts on them. I really love the front 7. The secondary I don't think is as bad as everyone makes them out to be. In real life anyway, I'm sure on Madden they won't be that great. Offensively should be a Madden dream. I like the Ebron pick more and more, and I really think they will be quite an offense to be reckoned with, both in NFL and Madden.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I would agree, but they lost so much this offseason. I like Kuechly a lot, but offensively they're just too blah for me to think they'll have a repeat of success from last year.

13. thafuture3886

STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!STEELERS!!!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

I don't care what team I get...as long as they match my earrings

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I just want a chance to turn this guy into a superstar QB. Only the Jets draft QBs capable of making plays like this...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. thafuture3886

17. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Dallas is always my top choice. And with a fresh infusion of youth on defense, kind of like what I had done my last 2 seasons during this release, it would be hard to pass up the opportunity to develop those players.

Lions, Packers and Seahawks are all appealing options as well...

18. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Saints...Saints...Saints
    Nobody even comes in 4th or 5th

19. Lou

Lou Walk On

I'm not in lg, but I'm surprised no one said eagles. Foles will be top 10 QB in the game. McCoy best RB. Cooper is a big receiver, ertz will be nice. Oline was beast last year. They got some interesting draft picks. D is weaker, but some of their draft picks should help.

20. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

The loss of D-Jax hurts their Madden stock, IMO. McCoy will most likely be the best back in the game, but I just don't think Foles and Cooper will be that intriguing for people who don't have a rooting interest in the team. Could be a nice steal though for someone picking in the middle of the pack or later.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Lou

Lou Walk On

True, but with the return of Maclin, along with the 2 WR they drafted. Plus, now they will have Ifeanyi Momah on the roster, more than likely. He is an imposing player that could create matchup issues.

22. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

You will pass them up....You should let me get a crack it....pick the cowboys and let me destroy them twice a year, its a win win for you! Warhawk AKA dreadman

• Like Like x 1
  23. KingPatron

KingPatron Walk On

49ers would be fun with out them being destroyed by the former owner. Browns have some good weapons. Broncos, Seahawks, Bills, Chiefs, Lions, Bears to name a few.

It seems like there is a lot of potential and awesome draft picks or players added in FA but then EA craps on their attributes.

24. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

A little sample

25. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

- I hate how they used the same ole pre-kickoff music intro, personally.
    - Graphics look really good to me. (Definitely a step up from M25 on PS3)
    - Like the new on field down and distance marker.
    - QB tuck and run looks a lot smoother than the previous release.
    - Ability to change camera views mid-play is pretty nice.