What the hell?!?!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jello1717, Nov 22, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

What the hell?!?!

The #1 guy on my recruiting board is a QB. So far, only 1 other team has made him an offer. That team is Georgia Tech. That, in and of itself isn't remarkable. The fact that this QB had D+ (yes, I said D+) speed really, really makes one wonder exactly what in the hell is the CPU thinking when it goes after recruits!

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Yeah, I have a huge issue with that as well. The CPU is retarded. I want a 50 spd guy running my option attack. EA is full of jackasses!

I was watching a video today for fun on EAsports.com that was suppose to offer tips on recruiting in online dynasties (not that I need them :) But the guy's biggest tip was:

Don't recruit against other human users. It's pointless to battle with five other users for a 5 star guy. He said you're further off going and recruiting against players that only the CPU is recruiting.

WTF??? This is blatantly saying that they made the CPU retarded. Why would they do this?

I think EA makes it's games according to the rules that "the only way the consumer will be happy is if we make a game they can always win."

3. jello1717

Hmmmm. I don't know if anyone has played as GT before and I don't know if this was caused by Gators inviting someone to play as GT before I told him that the new guy had to be in the Atlantic instead of coastal, but their playbook is screwed up. I don't what it is, but it's not GT's.

4 of their first 5 plays were passes which is all fine and dandy, but there hasn't been a single fleXbox One play and the last 1 was from the shotgun (which guarantees that this isn't GT's pb).

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

have any of you ever played a game inwhich the computer was better at recruiting than a user? (Old college football games or ncaa basketball games) I guess they could put in a slider for CPU Recruiting. If you really wanted to level the playing field, you can. Either fill your board and let the computer do all your recruiting(auto everything) or only do quick calls. The reason users are better is:

We can spend 4 hours recruiting the same guy if we want;
    We do not have to waste time unlocking more interests than we need;
    We get first chance for visit schedule;
    We can factor more variables than the computer when it comes how to distribute our time to maximize the number of quality recruits we can pursue;
    We can pick out the low star players with high overall talent;

I really can not say I disagree with the advice of EA. You will have the best recruiting class if you never spend time on players you do not get. If you know what you are doing then you are generally only going to lose out to users (unless you go after guys that do not like you).

GT probably has an altered team simulation options.

5. GoGators

All of the user advantages you mention though are easily programmable into the game. There's no way we as users can factor more variables than the computer on how to distribute our time. You ever tried to beat a computer program in chess?

Also, the CPU should only unlock the attributes it needs and pitch the categories it's good at. You ever done a quick call only to have the CPU pitch the category you have a "C" in? It seems to happen every time I quick call. It's stupid on EA's part for programming the game that way.

The slider idea would be sweet. However, you would think that with increasing the difficulty to AA or Heisman that it would effect all facets of the dynasty, including recruiting.

6. jello1717

I think this is the biggest one right here and should be the easiest one to implement. I'm sure that every user starts with their A+s and work their way down until they get 3 uncovered and then they pitch those.

$pitch_count = 0
    $j=0
    subprocess (rank pitches from for this team from best to worst)
    #As long as there's still time left on this call, first find the good pitches if you don't have them and then pitch the good ones.
    while ($time_left_for_this_particular_call < $time_allowed_per_call)
    #This will continue to uncover pitches from best to worst until 3 are found that are at least a "high"
    while ($pitch_count<3){
    for ($i=0;$i<num_pitches; $i++) {
    uncover pitch$i
    if (pitch$i > high) {
    $pitch_count++
    pitch_found$j = pitch$i
    $j++
    }
    }
    }
    pitch pitch_found1
    pitch pitch_found2
    pitch pitch_found3
    }

Viola! Once this completes, the CPU team will have uncovered their 3 best pitches that are least a high and will pitch them until the time for this call has run out.

7. GoGators

I have no idea what that says but I'll assume it's an improvement over how it currently works.

8. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I don't speak R2D2....

9. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Wow, but wasn't this 1 of the biggest things with online dynasty that EA was hyping? To see how it feels to recruit against other users? Now their tip is don't recruit against other users its a waste of time. Great Job EA!!! You never cease to amaze me!!!