What to do and not to do

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NDCOLTS1979, Aug 9, 2010.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

What to do and not to do

Clip #1: http://www.justin.tv/b/jms493/b/267769039
    Line of scrimmage is the 20 yard line, right by the right hashmark. Shotgun formation, take snap, fade 5 yards further back, sprint to right outside of numbers, then throw bomb downfield...all right after snap, all without any pressure

Clip #2: http://www.justin.tv/b/jms493/b/267769321
    Line of scrimmage is the 15 yard line, on the right hashmark. Shotgun form, take snap and and sprint back 5 yards and on a b-line to the left sidelines almost to the numbers all the way across the field on the left, then stop on a dime to throw a pass. Again, done immediately after snap, no pressure

Clip #3: http://www.justin.tv/b/jms493/b/267769380
    Line of scrimmage is the 25 yard line, in the middle closer to left hashmark. Shotgun form, take snap, again, immedately sprint back 5 yards and this time to the right outside the hashmarks to stop on the dime and throw back across the field to the left. Again no pressure, again done immediately at snap

Clip #4: http://www.justin.tv/b/jms493/b/267768932
    Line of scrimmage is the 35 on the left hashmark. Ace/under center formation. Takes snap and takes a normal 5 step drop from under center. Stands in pocket and looks for open receiver for 2-3 seconds. No one is open. Then he runs out to the right because sees opening and is able to turn it into a big run.

Clearly you can see the difference in the plays. Yes, he ran with his QB. But he didn't take as far a drop considering Shotgun vs. Under Center. He stayed in the pocket on a passing play looking for an open receiver before running, where as you sprinted as soon as you took the snap and then after sprinting to the side stopped to look for a receiver.

2. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I think I'm one of the weird people who don't scramble until I think I have to... I try to stay in the pocket. Seems like you get much more accurate throws if you're not on the run. That's how it should be anyway..

3. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah i am usually taking a sack and not scrambling i may run out of the pocket and throw it away. Just wanted to clear this up for some people just in case they are confused. You are caught doing any of the scrambling and throwing without any pressure or anything like that you will be gone. This is your warning. TF is sim ball and not all that other garbage thats out there.

4. mickey13

mickey13 Walk On

Generally if I scramble clear of the pocket, I'm running or throwing away. I don't play too many games. I try to only run with QB on designed plays. With SMU though, I think it's hardly a concern. Definitely pocket passers.

5. Milbut

Milbut Walk On

Just to clear things up before we start, running a pistol offense, most of the passing plays utilized are flood style plays with lots of drags. I'm assuming we are allowed to slide the line and move within the tackles/tight end? Keep in mind I'm not talking about snapping the ball, pressing sprint and running, I am literally talking about a pocket slide to the flood side of the field.

6. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I'm pretty sure what your talking about is fine. He just does not want the QB's sprinting backwards or to the side line without being persued by a pass rush.

7. NDCOLTS1979

Thats fine vols hit it on the hid no just sprinting around with your qb when there is no pass rush

8. rflagg905

rflagg905 Guest

this is going to be a great time playing

I have played enough games online vs strangers that dropping back and running to the side then throwing that I just don't play any unknowns online anymore.I saw the videos and am so happy that I won't have have to deal with bs

9. NDCOLTS1979

Yes i refuse to play anyone not a part of tf anymore because of all the cheese garbage. I wanted to put the videos out for instructions on what can be done and cant be done. Yes moving with your pocket is real. running around all over the place and then throwing is not realistic and there will be no warnings given. You will be gone from this league and possibly the forum. This stuff is taken very serious here. Just glad to see everyone is tired of all this as well and i am almost positive its going to be a great experience for everyone

10. Milbut

Milbut Walk On

I played online once before this league. About 2 years ago I played two games against random online users, after the amount of cheese I saw I swore I would never play online again. I found TF in April shortly after I joined OS, I registered and talked to Ryno, but there just weren't any league openings. I promised myself I would give online a shot this year and I found ND's league post at the right time. It's definitely great to be part of a league where I shouldn't have to deal with any idiocy and will actually get to see more then 3 plays from my opponents playbook.

11. KLH528

KLH528 Walk On

I've been really good with UofM this year and everytime I beat a friend they comment how they have to stop the QB run. I always laugh to myself for the fact that I never look to run first, only when the play breaks down, so if your looking to stop the run one of my 4/5 wr will be wide open at all times

12. leonidasplaya

leonidasplaya roman soldier

sqrambeling point

i dont mind staying in the pocket and throwing a pass but when its 7 to 3 in the end of the 3rd qaurter im not going to force a pass that is not open not run with it just throw it away for this forum anyway its just simple take the sack ot throw it away

13. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

All this rule means is that dont run with QB just to run. Dont roll out unless you are being pressured or the play is a designed roll out.

If nothing is open yes...take off and get what you can