What to do from here.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Alright.

a Robbed Lung and Wushock both left, not sure why robbed did, but Wushock said that he got another job.

I kicked the people who have severely lacked activity (Stanford, Oregon, Utah).

This leaves us with 6 teams.

The amount of discussion/content has not really been where I'd like it to be, or where it should be, so we have a few options.
    -Fill the empty spots and continue on with this file.
    -Start over, with different teams and a different set up.
    -Pull the plug on the dynasty.

My preference would be option 2, but it's up to you guys.

-Cougars-
    Dwreck
    BPHusker
    Craig Bo
    stiff bon air

2. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I would agree with you on option 2. If you would like a "set up" suggestion, maybe starting out as a 1 or 2 star team would make it more exciting. I know I had a lot of fun in a similar dynasty last year. I would be up for a dynasty where we would stay to build up the school instead of just jump out at first job that you are offered. Is there a way to turn the carousel on after year 4 or 5, to at least give people time to build up schools? If not, maybe you could manually offer jobs to the "best coaches" who has brought their 1 or 2 star team up to 3-4?

3. Wick36

I don't think there's a way to turn carousel off. I would rather not use it at all, even if we were to do a rebuilder.

4. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

I'd vote start over with 1* or 2* teams with coaching carosel on and work towards the alma mater of our choosing. Vote on conferences for the alma mater.

5. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I am fine with less people that participate more for this dynasty. However, I would really prefer not dropping down to a 1 or 2 prestige school. In the two dynasties that I am in I have have only played with 1 or 2 star schools with the exception of the first 2 games of this year with Colorado who just got bumped up to 3 stars.

Here are a couple of my ideas for a new format in order of my preference:

1. I liked the 2 conference thing with a BCS tie-in that matches them up (assuming that we can actually play the bowl game), but with 3 teams in each conference I think it would be better to do custom conferences with 9 or 10 teams so that it is more of a regular season round-robin format (no championship game) and you play every team in your conference once a year (ala the old PAC-10). We can use whatever star limit if you want (hopefully not lower than 3) and focus on regional rivalries so that there are more inter-conference recruiting battles and user games would all be rivalry games. Of course we could play cross-conference games out of conference. Maybe ACC and SEC would work so that both conferences are recruiting the same states and there are rivalry games between conferences.

2. Choosing 3 12-team conferences with 1 team in each division so hopefully there are good championship games.

3. All joining the same conference and fighting it out every year.

6. Wick36

I had originally planned on doing this as a 1 conference team. The biggest issue with that is that the losses end up hurting prestige a lot, so the better players end up with a big talent advantage starting around season 3/4.

7. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I think that would be a good reason that we shouldn't use 1 or 2 star teams. If 1 or 2 people climb the prestige poll quickly, everyone else will be at an extreme disadvantage. If we start off in the middle of the road, it is not as bad. I feel that the difference between 2* and 3* is much more drastic than the difference between 4* and 5* especially with scholarship restrictions. That is also why I bring up the point of cutting the conferences down to 9 or 10 teams so that someone doesn't end up with an extra loss in the championship game and we won't end up with uneven numbers of users in divisions. What do you guys think?

8. Craig Bo

Craig Bo Walk On

Id rather not start over, but if we have to Id be down for whatever. I prefer established teams, but if everyone else wants to start low Im fine with that.

9. Quattro

I think if we start over we should go with 3* teams at max, with the lowest being 2* teams and do a coaching carosel thing and work towards out alma mater, as I said earlier. I'm not all that attached to the Trojans after I was screwed out of a Rose Bowl win.

10. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Wow, I was just looking at your signature and realized that you picked Nebraska as your alma mater in one of your dynasties....ouch.

11. Quattro

Yeah I know. I wanted to be Wisconsin but they were taken and the other choices were Indiana, Purdue, and some other shitty teams so I swallowed my pride. It wasn't easy.

12. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

At least you did it begrudgingly....

13. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I am bored as hell at work right now. After this post I will shut up until we get some more feedback from everyone else, but if we all answer the questions below without getting into detail I think it will help us all know what is important to the others left in this dynasty. If we figure that out, then we can work out details and get into scenarios.

1. Do you want to restart the dynasty with different rules? - Yes

All other questions are based on if you answered yes or if you are willing to go with majority rule

2. Do you think we should try to fill all of the remaining slots, stick with just the people we currently have or somewhere in between? - Indifferent

3. Do you think everyone should start off at the same level? - Yes

4. If everyone starts off at the same level, what should it be (number or range)? - 3*- 4* range or 2* - 3* range

5. Are you opposed to custom conferences? - No

6. Do you favor users being in just a few conferences or spread out? - A few conferences

7. Are you opposed to team builder teams? - No

8. Do you want to use the Coaching Carousel? - Indifferent

If everyone answers these questions then hopefully that will help identify what elements are most important to everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wick36

I'll fill this out. :p

2. Do you think we should try to fill all of the remaining slots, stick with just the people we currently have or somewhere in between? - Fill em with vets

3. Do you think everyone should start off at the same level? - Unless they want to be lower...

4. If everyone starts off at the same level, what should it be (number or range)? - 3-4, 4-5

5. Are you opposed to custom conferences? - Depends on what we did with them. I don't want to see UCLA and Boston College in the same conference.

6. Do you favor users being in just a few conferences or spread out? - Several. Preferably either 3 or 6.

7. Are you opposed to team builder teams? - Yes

8. Do you want to use the Coaching Carousel? - Would prefer not, but not a huge deal.

15. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

hey guys im interested in joinin your dynasty itz looks real promisin im a active dude and willl get my games in

Name:Hakeem Abdul
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):Xbox and Gho5t9
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ:
    Time Zone:Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games:Mainly Weekends
    Favorite Teams:Texas Florida North Carolina
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: so a youtube video (JMS)

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

NCAA- 2starjdp legit league Madden- yes nuttin serious tho Nba- yes the USBA and NSBA league legit sim leagues

2. How long have you been playing video games? Since 6th grade How long have you been playing online? Since 7th grade

3. What type of player would you say you are? Um fun player I take losses like a man don’t quit out wen im losin

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Itz cool im used to talking to older dudes on xbox they actually funny and cool to me

5. Have you read the
    rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes I did and nope I think they are perfectly fair

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    love sports games play football senior in high school
    7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here

16. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

im in the huddle and leggends of saturdaii im on every daii after school and im cool legit and play all my games and im definitly not a sore loser

17. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well my schedule is pretty hectic right now, so if I am seen as unactive I will take a leave the only time I really am free to do anything are on Saturday's and Sunday's.

18. Wick36

PM me.

19. Quattro

2. Do you think we should try to fill all of the remaining slots, stick with just the people we currently have or somewhere in between? - Fill em with vets

3. Do you think everyone should start off at the same level? - Yes

4. If everyone starts off at the same level, what should it be (number or range)? - 2*-3* max

5. Are you opposed to custom conferences? - Yes unless we did the super conferences.

6. Do you favor users being in just a few conferences or spread out? - Several. One in each division of the conference is preferred.

7. Are you opposed to team builder teams? - Yes

8. Do you want to use the Coaching Carousel? - Yes

20. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Do you like the coaching carousel because it is unpredictable and you like the goals or do you just like switching teams occasionally and not sticking with one for a long time?

21. Quattro

So what's the status for this?

22. Quattro

English. Type in it.

23. Wick36

stiff bon air
    BPHusker
    Dwreck
    Craig Bo
    -Cougars-

It looks like everyone is up for starting over.

It looks to be relatively split between people wanting to do established teams and rebuilding projects, so we will likely need to compromise on this. So, it would probably be best to go with 3 stars.

We'll use CC as well, so the option of moving up to a higher profile school is on the table.

-

Since we're using CC and I don't want to restrict where anyone gets fired and goes to or succeeds and gets hired, we will not use set conferences - they'd become unbalanced once people started leaving anyway. Games will be scheduled with users in out of conference play. We'll probably go with 3-4 this time rather than 5-6.

-

Draft order for the new teams - the members we bring in will get to pick their teams after, in the order they join.

No teams in the top 30 according to this list may be chosen (more parody) - http://www.traditionfootball.com/index.php/2011/06/863/

1. craig bo
    2. stiff bon air
    3. cougars
    4. dwreck
    5. killernuts
    6. bp husker

• Like Like x 1
  24. Quattro

25. Wick36

yes.