What To Look For: 8/1-8/11

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by JohnnyClutch, Feb 10, 2013.

1. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Mar 11, 2010
    We are back with the second edition of What To Look For. This version is more like look at Seattle dominating.​
    Team Streaks
    Mariners take the 14 game win streak to Tampa and have beaten Tampa all three games they faced each other this season. I see Tampa sneaking out one win in this series.​
    The Orioles are on a 9 game win streak. I see that coming to an end.​
    Player Streaks
    Seattle players dominate this list and that trend will continue.
    Luis Reyes has not blown a save since last time, probably because he is not the closer.​
    Pitching Triple Crown
    Trevor Bauer finally knocked Teheran out of first in the wins category, which is nice.​
    Hot/Cold Players
    Once again Seattle pitchers are on a hot streak. Hultzen most likely has another shutout in him because that's what he does.
    If Wilmer Almonte matches up against one of Seattle's top three that game may go 9 innings of 0-0 baseball.​
    Lozano and Moore are continuing to light up MLB pitching and they will only get hotter in August. ​
    Stat of the Day
    Bob Gibson averaged 8.97 innings per game in the 1969 season.​

• Like Like x 7
  2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Jun 13, 2012
    August 5 - King Felix doesn't last two innings after his exalted 16 game streak. Takes BAD loss

sea vs det.PNG

August 7 - Walker doesn't last 3 innings after his 9 game winning streak, takes loss as Verlander throws gem.

seat vs det II.PNG

Detroit takes 3 of 4 from Seattle and has now settled in for the pennant race. Don't be surprised when Detroit is favored in the AL playoffs since they currently have 2 SP on the DL and their entire outfield. They are currently making the lives of their opponents very difficult with their backups getting most of the playing time.
    • Like Like x 1