What type of offense/defense are you running this year?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I am doing away with the whole "what playbook are you using" because I believe it is just a little unrealistic; people shouldn't be able to scout your whole offense.

That being said I will be running a pro style offense with about a 50-50 split, that is our intention. We won't have any 5-wides in the playbook, and we will go to shotgun pretty rarely, but we have a few in there.

On defense we'll be running a standard 4-3

2. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

We will be running the pro-style playbook (michigan) and the 4-3.

3. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Is not playing defense an option?

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I did away with the mostly one back, pass heavy PB and moved to a more balanced style which features more of my FB, it's basically just a balanced PB that gave me my shotguns when I needed to spread the field and when I need to run the ball under center I can. The problem I found with my last PB for running was usually u could tell what side I was running to by use of my TE and where he was lined up. This PB has much more 2 TE sets

Defense I'm still running a 43

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

A shitty one

6. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I am doing Washington. Its a pro form of playbook. You will see a good bit of shotgun. I have no 5-wide but I have a empty set,
    3-3-5 defense

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I do ask that everybody pick one and stick to it... and if you want to get intel on somebody you should... i hope that not requiring to post the playbook might lead to more league talk...

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Utah wont be changing much, but with a beast like Palamo at RB and and threats at TE look for the Utes to work out of more single-back looks than they have in recent seasons.

Defense shouldnt change. We want to hit the QB, keep everything in front of us, and capitalize on opponents mistakes.

9. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I shoulda went with Bowling Green's but O WELL

10. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Georgia:

Offense: Michigan State
    Defense: Multiple

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

ASU

Same as last year

4-3
    Oklahoma offense

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Same BS Pro Offense from Stanford's Playbook. I didnt have a chance to change up before running into a user game so I kept it.

4-3 Defense.

13. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    SOS, Texas A&M on offense. We're a ground and pound team first then pass second. We don't have the playmakers to really air it out like I want. Still trying ti figure that part of the offense out this season, we've been inconsistent thus far. On defense we're running multiple D. I wanted to give different looks and use a lot of guys at LB. I have some good pass rushing LBs as well as good coverage LBs so I mix and match depending on the defensive alignment. We bring the heat from everywhere, LB, safety, corners. My D is pretty young but my senior safeties really lead the defense and make a lot of plays.

• Like Like x 1
  14. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Hopefully the offense will at some point resemble a multi-formation option attack but will also be able to use traditional running as well. If I can ever get it going, hoping to be able to get a lot of guys involved.

Def- a shitty 4-3
    Don't have the guys up front to really run any kind of defense. Lbs are pretty solid. Sec is just flat out awful.

15. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Pro Style offense with some of everything including a lot of shotgun. Basic 4-3 defense.