What type of Player are you?

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by totalwreckage, Jul 11, 2009.

1. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

What type of Player are you?

Hey guys lets get a feel for eachother (no homo) . Like the Patriots in the NFL are an air it out team now, Colts same way, than you got the bears who are a smash mouth team and the Panthers. What style are you.

In all my years of madden I dont think I have ever quite figured out how to put together a solid attack in the air or on the ground, but I defintiley prefer the passing game, although nothing feels better than a 60 yrd td run. I dont like to do HB or FB passes either I like to try and hit actual WR targets, I dont usually throw to the TE either but with htis team I may have to as the WR bloooowwww. If you want to share what do you consider your play style?

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I've always loved the smash-mouth running game - 4 yards and cloud of dust. My Bears should fit the mold nicely, especially with Forte having a crazy STA rating so I can use him just about every down.

My pass offense is more nickel-and-dime than home run. I'll work on keeping the D honest with a few home-run throws, but my TEs and slot receivers tend to get the most yards.

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I play like the Colts =].

Air it out, use draws, counters and stretches. Play a lot of zone defense. Etc.

4. totalwreckage

nice, i love seeing how people approach the game differently. Thats what makes these leagues so fun

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Game planner......I play my games to my teams strengths and try to exploit my opponents weaknesses. If my opponent cant stop the run then i will pound.....if they like to blitz alot then screens and quick passes.

I am multi-faceted...

6. totalwreckage

uyou may as well just say..I am perfect :D

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    you will pay for taking MY Jets :)...

I'ma smash-mouth type of guy...which is precisely the opposite in NCAA. In NFL, I like to get a good run game going...that's because I'm use to the days of Martin-Pennington duo...Martin eating up on the ground, Penny PA pass, good bend but don't break defense...heh.

8. totalwreckage

hehe if you woulda had a cool tema I woulda traded you, I woulda jumped to the Pats but I knew gilmore was coming. Falcons give me bad memories I beleive I went 0-32 my first two seasons with the Falcons lol

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ouch 0-32??? daaaamn

Falcons fit how I want to run my offense and defense so I'm not REALLY THAT SOUR :).

10. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I play just like the Giants. Run you over with Jacobs & mostly short to medium passes.

Stopping the run & send a blitz every now & then from everywhere.

11. I grew up watching the Big 8 - option. So needless to say I am a run first guy. It's a shame I suck or I would be better at it. LOL

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I haven't played Madden in so long...

But I prefer a balanced attack. The form is what changes.:)

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

im not a player i just crush alot.....

[YOUTUBE]UDPrzwNBV3I[/YOUTUBE]

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

i ALWAYS run a chise with my lions. I tend to lean towards a spread out offense because of thier talent at WR and i always develop crappy QBS into studs (harrington, stanton last year). I hope to do the same with stafford and that strong arm. But that will take a few years with the lost of roy. I will be playing more conservitive already this year becuz we lost roy and i have a very young QB with not so great accuracy. Im hoping smith can have an impact in the running game as well. I hope my defense can actually be called a DEFENSE, unlike last year when that word didnt exist in Detroit

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hahahaha, YES!

16. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

Ground based attack with multiple backs on offense. Throw it when I need to or have to.

Bend but don't break defense. Usually strong against the run. I build my NFL teams that way.

17. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

Ground based attack with multiple backs on offense. Throw it when I need to or have to.

Bend but don't break defense. Usually strong against the run. I build my NFL teams that way.

18. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm typically the style of the patriots or the greatest show on turf from years past. Throw it every down and run it every once in a while to keep you honest.

Unfortunately my team, the steelers, don't fit that mold so I'll be utilizing the ground and pound on offense w/Willie running everywhere and Ben picking up 3rd downs when needed. Defensively, well let's just say I'm going to utilize the 3-4 and you'll never know where I'm coming from. But you will know I'm coming. hahaha

19. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Ideally i'm looking to be a ball control offense that splits runs and passes 50-50.

On D i'm looking to mix coverages and plays to try and keep the offense off-guard. one of the best things you can do on defense in these games is get to the point where the offense tries to guess what you're going to do next - not the other way around.

20. Jax

Jax Guest

Offensively, I go after weaknesses (real or perceived). I'm not married to any one philosophy.

Defensively, I prefer to play man with a load of blitzes, though that does depend on my players.

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I think of myself primarily as a defensive-oriented player. Defense is what helps me win. If I'm giving up points, I'm probably not gonna outscore you. But on offense I definitely use a run-first attack.

22. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Well I was hoping to be able to be a ball control/defensive type of player, using the elements in Buffalo to our advantage. Unfortunately EA didn;t see fit and we have no OL or LB talent, so have to change up our thinking and might have to go 3 WR most of the time and pass a bit more than I wanted to with Trent Edwards

23. dejavu1

dejavu1 Walk On

I play the two-back system/short passing. I really like to just kill time and rely on defense to get me through the game.