What type of program are you trying to build?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Dec 18, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

What type of program are you trying to build?

Obviously we all want to win every game, but what your goals for your teams...

additionally, what kind of program are you trying to build yours into? And what types of players are you going after?

--------------------------------------
    For me,..

I want to turn Purdue into a major power in the Big 10, starting with winning the conference this year and getting a Rose Bowl bid and hopefully meeting UCLA there.

I want to have a great home record, and for that to be a factor when playing user games...pychologically that is ;)

On offense, I'm trying to build my program up into one that is a factory year in and year out in producing great spread option teams. It all starts with the QB, and he will be the main guy in all of my offenses. If I have QB that doesn't fit my system I'm gonna have a bad year. Right now, I'm in a pretty good position to make sure I've got a stud QB every year.

I signed a :3stars: QB in T.J. Smith this past off season who will be the future of my program once Denard Robinson leaves. I redshirted him this season (73 ovr, 83 spd, 84 acc, 86 btk, 80 thp, 75 tha) so I expect him to be pretty solid as a RS Sophomore since Denard is a Junior.

I've got a lot of young guys at HB and WR so I won't have to worry about those positions too much next year, and I will be able to go after that stud QB to keep things goin. I'll also be working on my offensive line, especially the tackle position. I will also be looking for a stud TE, but I'm not going to go out of my way to find one.

My defense needs a lot of work, and that was my biggest concern coming into this season. Things are already starting to shape up, and since I was able to recruit 2 :5stars: this season I made sure to go after studs on the D side of the ball. These four guys are going to be a big part of my team next year and the year after: :5stars: OLB J Hawkins (B+ spd, B- tack, B bsh, B+ pur), :5stars: SS [str]A Perkins[/str] Marcus Kemp Jr (A- spd, B- tack, C+ mcv, B zcv), :4stars: FS J White (B spd, B tack, B- mcv, C+ zcv), :3stars: CB C Graham (B+ spd, C+ mcv, B+ zcv, B press), :3stars: DT M James (6'5" 315lbs).

I'll be building my defense around those guys, and slowly working on making my defense the fastest in the OD.

(y)

2. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

I Don't think UCLA will be in the Rose Bowl,he'll be in the National Championships.

3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Nice. Thanks for the props, but I've got to get by a stingy ASU team that apparently already beat USC, a Southern Miss user game, and then finish it off with USC themselves. Definitely going to be an interesting finish to this one.

4. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

I forgot about the Southern Miss game...but I wish you the best of luck....Would you be the first to win a NC in this dynasty if that happens?

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ive pretty much already established the identity I want to with Rice. I wanted to turn them into a C-USA contender that occasionally knocks off one of the big boys and is in and out of the top 25. I also wanted to completely flip their script on offense and put up crazy team rushing stats. I think I've done pretty well so far.

If/when I move to bigger school/conference Im probably going to switch to a pro-style offense. or kind of model my program after the real life Stanford.

6. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

The exact type of team I have now....except better....Like next year, my team next year is stacked! YAY!

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

At V TECH over in Trad 1 I am always looking for Defensive players. I want a ball hawking team.....but it is very hard. The best players are always offensive players interested.

That's how I won at Penn State. DEFENSE.....I can always find a way to put points on the board!

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Heeeeyyyyy stranger....Whus good JMS.

9. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Next year will be two staaaaaaaaaaaacked teams renewing a rivalry thats never been close then, its always lopsided one way or the other.

Hopefully I've regained my identity by then.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

whats up IKE.....you are the same IKE that beat me in the Blast Sports Network Championship game on Madden (PS2). We had a shootout....and of course I couldn't stop ya.....damn!

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I really feel that my team Houston was already stacked with quality players when I got there so all I really had to do was recruit and redshirt to keep the talent level up. Now that we are in year 4 we are using our recruits. The only position that I didn't recruit that well was QB. I had Case Keenum to start with who was a RS SO rated a 90 in year one. I have depth now at all positions and I really like this team. I like building up teams I like recruiting the 2-3 star guys getting the diamonds in the rough. It will be interesting to see what teams are available at the end of the year to see if I jump ship.

12. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Why you gotta make me feel old! haha

13. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

My goal is to win more than I lose.

Some of you guys must be some hardcore recruiters. I usually check to see who is interested in my school and go from there: if its a running qb then I'll implement some option, if its a passing qb then I'll throw it around (and usually to the other team).

So its possible that I have 5 lineman that are great passblockers and since I have a running qb I'm trying to run the option which is why I can't get a freaking first down sometimes.

14. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

I'm with Rip on this. So far the recruiting has been pretty tight, so I just take the best players available and then try to implement a system that fits the personnel. Also, I don't know much about these exotic playbooks that everyone seems to be into these days like Air Force and Spread Option on O and 4-2-5 on defense. Might have to dabble next season...

15. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

I havnt been playing this game much because of my System getting the Error 74 with weeks of me getting 10,but Ive heard so much of the 4-2-5.Ive seen Air Forces playbooks and its defintely depends on the user, a good one can destroy your moral with it.The 4-2-5 Ive seen vids of people showing blitzs out of it , and it all seems cool But i think i have a way to get people with it because they have to do so much pre-snap adjustments.I have an untested Idea,But until i actually see it, i dunno if it will work.