What type of recruit does your team need more than any?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Sep 21, 2011.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

The title kind of sums up the whole post. We can all see at this point where our recruiting classes are headed and what they will look like for this coming year. With that in mind what piece would you love to add in the off season recruiting that would complete your team?

For South Carolina it is that big 6'4" or taller wide receiver who can go up and get the ball. That type of player allows us to "blow the top" off of the coverage and allows us to continue to run the ball with success by eliminating the extra safety in the box.

2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'd really like to snag a big DT for next season... A big space eater or big nasty mo-fo Suh-style would be ideal...

Another spot I'd like to get some playmakers at would be TE. Someone in the mold of the old Michigan TE's... Jay Riemersma, Aaron Shea... Something like that...

WR was a concern, but it looks like we've been lucky enough in Ann Arbor to snag our future #1 jersey in Omarr Horne.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Anybody who is actually good. I'm living on smoke and mirrors right now. . . .and not the good smoke either. None of that in Pullman these days.

4. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Filling in odds and ends now. Pretty happy with the early commitments I've gotten this year on top of the class I signed last year. I was desperate for a QB and was able to lock up John Sims, the #3 QB, a few weeks ago. Huge signing, he should be ready to take over after next season when Price graduates. Still need some O Line help, but I'm closing in on my 3rd Lineman and have an outside shot at a 4th. Got some secondary help with a couple of early signings, but I could use one more corner.

Heading into the offseason, I'll be focusing on trying to steal one more Offensive Lineman and a Cornerback. All in all, pretty happy with the foundation we've built. Now I just need to learn how to play better :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

The Spartans lost a handful of guys, but still managed to fill most of their holes. We'll be looking for another DT, an OT and another CB. We'd also like to see a SS and a TE.

6. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Arizona runs the 4-2-5, which makes the recruiting of quality safeties absolutely essential. In order to have a truly elite defense, you must have do-it-all strong safeties who can both cover and tackle. They're not always easy to find. Similar qualities are also required for our program's linebackers, for with only two on the field during most downs, their responsibilities are vast. Block shedding/tackling skills are a must, while cover skills can't be underestimated.

The success of the Wildcat's Pro-style offense is dependent upon versatility. HB/FB are used in both the running/passing game, and TE who can both block/receive are required. It's nice to have WR with speed who can stretch the field, but ultimately, receivers with disciplined route-running skills are the target of our coaches. As in an offense, the offensive line is also a key component. We're working hard to improve this area of our roster.

7. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

[​IMG]