What We Can Learn From Last Year

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I remember a convo I had with Ego last year. His team had just made the BCS title game with a bunch of guys who were a bit underrated to be there. In that conversation, he expressed a desire to win the game, but also acknowledged a hope that the better team (his opponent) would win, because that was the more realistic ending.

Now, ego ended up winning that game, but the mindset is what I'm talking about. So far this year, I am seeing very little of that. We're just not in the right place as a group. Now, for many of us, winning a title eases the tension a bit and makes the rest of the year more casual. I know it did this for me. But there's a difference between competition between friends and ultra-competitive douchebaggery. Want evidence of this, answer this question: How many restarts since the new rule?

As last year went on, and as guys came and went, we found a nice balance. Guys played the right way, and I never got a complaint. I've already had more in a single season than I had all of last year, so something has to give. Some of you guys have been the subject of some dispute pretty much since day one. It needs to stop.

I can't really make guys understand. Either you get it, or you don't, but here it is: The league is about 12, not about 1. I hope we can get together and straighten this out, because I'm getting really close to going indy and running the flex just to get away from you guys.

Note: Any response to this post that includes questions like "are you talking about me?" or statements like "I never do that kind of thing" will be deleted, or used as evidence that what I wrote above it right on the money.

• Like Like x 4