What will you do?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

NCAA 13 is nearly here which means the kickoff of SH 13 is approaching.

I kinda stole this from The Deuce and Emmdotfrisk with their "What offense will you run?" thread...they will deal with it.

I want to see what you guys are planning to run as far as offensive and defensive schemes. Also add any other focuses you will have as coaches, such as how you will attack recruiting. Not looking for you guys to reveal any secrets...although any advantage I can get is welcomed ;) .... I just wanna get some SH discussion going.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Personally, I wanna see what kind of offense they have Penn St running. O'Brien shouldn't have it adjusted too much from what it was in the spread game, but I'm still curious.

I will likely keep it that way and don't plan on changing the defense from the 4-3... although we'll see what happens. I know damn well for certain that I will be hitting the QB recruiting trail HARD. I'd like to start season 2 with a true freshman to be completely honest, depending on how they rate Steven Bench coming in.

3. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

I haven't done NCAA league ever, and I am too lazy/busy to dive into a rule book right now. Somebody want to give me a two sentence encapsulation of the what is prohibited. I have caught some chatter on other league's forums about prohibited settings (Aggressive Ball Stripping or Non-consensual Salad Tossing or some shit like that)?

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Just don't play like a D-Bag and you'll be set...

In all honesty, I don't touch the aggressive gameplan shit unless I ABSOLUTELY have to and it is legal to do so. The only time I really touch the gameplan stuff is to snap a couple of conservatives on some of the fumble fairies I always seem to recruit.

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I plan on going back to Pro style after Denard wins a Big Ten Championship, BCS National title and the heisman.

It depends on how my user opponents in the Big 10 do with recruiting. I like to go after tall receivers. I do want to put an emphasis on building and making our defense strong. Quick linebackers and solid DBs. Of course, I need a fast RB to cheese with I mean run with. Always usually go for the QB that has the better accuracy. Not really a secret but I try to go after just the recruits that have us in their top 3. I don't like to battle it out and lose out on other potential recruits. SteamboatReb you can give me a call and I can give you the rundown on the way to do shit in SH.

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

So what happens when Denard flunks out of school because he can't pass "Shoe-Tying 101"?

• Like Like x 2
  7. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I plan on running with the Mississippi State playbook. It has a solid amount of option and passing plays that I feel will be effective in the SEC West this year. Not to mention T2 is just awful. :D

8. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

I knew you wouldn't leave me hanging CA. You might as well go ahead and ready yourself for a COSMIC BRO HUG when I get to the Twin Cities in September.

9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I won't be making any changes to Tennessee for the foreseeable future. The only exception is if their playbook doesn't take advantage of Hunter and Rogers on the outside. I've always felt much more comfortable in a 4-3 but Sal Sunseri is bringing alot of the 3-4 with him from 'Bama so I'll just go with whatever EA says in their "scouting".

If it does turn out to be a 3-4, I'd love to get some 6-3, 260 pound LB's like D'onta Hightower to raise havoc. He is from Tennessee after all. Alas, I'm sure I'll have to stick with the the 5-7, 200lb guys that get generated. Why does EA think every MLB is built like Dat Nguyen?

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I am running Brent Pease offense that he is bringing in from Boise State. On defense I will run a mix of 3-4 and 4-3 defense as the Gators will do under Mr. Muschamp. As far as recruiting goes, I am looking to restore a very good defense that may have several players bolt early to the NFL draft. On offense plain and simple we need a playmaker at the running back position they will be analyzed heavily during the season and any and all of them will get carries until I find THE MAN.

11. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Texas A&M will be running the elegant Fake Field Goal FTW! thats basically our entire offense.. other than run left, run right. As for the defensive side of the ball.. Well i think we will just have 70 offensive players. We dont really field defenses...

Because really we dont give a shit if we go 1-11 or 1 and anything as along as we beat controllerabuser with a fake field goal the entire year will be an accomplishment..

• Like Like x 2