What would you do?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by hammerhead1010, Mar 6, 2011.

?

Would you...

1. Kick

25 vote(s)
    92.6%
  2. Go for the first?

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Heres the scenario. Back and forth ball game goes down to the end of the fourth quarter and you are tied. You have a 4th and 13 from the opponents 31 yard line with little wind. There are 43 seconds left and your opponent has no timeouts. Your kicker is rated 87 OVR w 89 KPW and 86 KAC. You have missed one earlier in the game from 45 wide right but with penty of distance (7-10 yards back would still have been plenty long enough) and made a 42 yarder with ease. The sliders are AA default with little to no wind (< 3mph, not blowing against your kick).

What do you do and please explain your rationale.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Kick the FG... your opponent doesn't have any timeouts so I'd lean on my defense... 4th and 13? I'd take the points and hope my defense gets it done.

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

you kick, you OPT to take POINTS

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

kick the field goal, if you give up the touchdown you don't deserve to win the game.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Depends on the opponent. 99% of the time I would kick the field goal though.

I can go the distance in less than a minute, so I know other people can.

But, it would be really hard for me to give up 3 points on 4th and 13...4th and short perhaps.

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Well, 89 KPW is enough to kick 55+ yards. I would kick the field goal almost every time and I'm pretty aggressive (I've lost a lot of games going for the win on 2 points :(), but the chances of me going for that are really, really low.

But, yeah, I would kick it just about every time unless I'm lagging bad in the kicking game (Usually when there's a delay in the actual game play) and a few other factors fall in to play.

7. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Thanks guys. If there is anyone out there who would truly go for it in that situation and can justify it I would be anxious to hear their side.

8. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Like you said it was a back and forth game. If I had a sure fire first down play that I knew would be open I'd opt to go for it. This is a video game so it only takes one crazy ass user catch and it is game over for you.

Wow how time makes a difference. I've been on the site long enough to realize, "What the hell was I thinking when I typed this?!?!". There is definitely no other option, within the rules we govern ourselves with, but to attempt the field goal and play defense.

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Wouldn't that be a money play? :)

Trying to kick the 3 points is the sim thing to do, even if he missed both field goals earlier...

I would consider going for it if there's a bunch of lag and I don't feel and I don't feel confident, you're extremely easy to predict on defense, and I think you'll run cheese all the way down the field.

Even if those factors line up, I'd probably still kick it, because it's pretty tough to justify giving away the game if I miss it.

The thread that that came up in was a lot of fun to read, lol.

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

So question? What team in real life and a tie game not go for the makable field goal? Keep in mind this isn't for a tie, the game is already tied.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Agreed. Less than a minute to go with a tie ball game on 4th and 13...you try for the points and the lead. But like I said in the thread, if someone wants to be a ratard in the bottom of the 4th, that's their perogative IMO.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

kick the field goal and don't miss this time jack ass! then as long as you don't give up a touchdown it's a new ball game, really a waste of a thread if you ask me. then again i think that we should be taxed higher by our government.

13. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

You kick the FG obviously with the game tied with :43 seconds left in a tie ball game on 4th and 13 with a kicker who can easily get the distance. This is a no-brainer.

14. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Until they're a ratard and somehow convert, then it's game over and I lose.

15. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

I've got teams that I'd go for it with in that situation. I've lost so many games lately with my current build where I've taken a lead and lost in the last minute because I can't stop anyone. I'd probably run a pretty safe play where I get my QB on the outside.
    If you're inside your 40, I'd almost always go for it. turning it over on my 40 or kicking an FG and giving them the ball back on the 20 or so.. isn't much difference if your defense is bad or the player is cheese at all. I'd rather take a chance and run a safe play, then continue to milk the clock for a last second field goal.

If my defense was even decent and my opponent plays straight up, I'd kick the FG

16. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Is there such a thing a safe play on 4th and 13 Ike?

17. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Sure. Go shotgun, roll to whichever side your QB can scramble to, shift your O-Line protection to that side and have your back stay and help. call a play that overloads that side and pray. Like I said I wouldn't do it if I had a decent defense but lately I feel like the only way I can win a user game is to have the ball last

18. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Sounds cheesy methinks.....

19. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

I'm not talking run 4 verts. I'm talking a play on the perimeter. something like a flood play. I've never heard that called cheese.

20. DirtycashDylan

You do realize 4 Vert isn't the only cheez in the game right? Hiking the ball and sprinting towards the sideline is one of the Cheez 10 Commandments.

21. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah I don't understand this thread. In a sim league the only option on 4th and 13 is to kick the field goal. Any other reaction is not sim at all. Someone show me 1 instance where this happened or anything like this happened in real life and I'll give you a gold star.

22. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

+1

Why are we trying to get guys to justify going for it in this situation? It's completely un-sim to go for it, no matter how bad your defense is. By the time the field goal goes through and you kick it off, there's barely 30 seconds left. If you give up a length of the field touchdown drive in less than 30 seconds that doesn't mean "I should have gone for it on 4th and 13", it means YOU SUCK and didn't deserve to win. I've NEVER even heard of a team giving up the chance to win the game in the final minute to go for it on 4th and 13 in field goal range just to drain some clock.

23. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Calling strong flood and then rolling your QB to the right outside of the pocket is the definition of cheese on this site.

• Like Like x 5
  24. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

Lol come on folks. Everyone says kick and no reason to ever go? Read my post. I didn't say of go or it every time. I see real teams run flood plays all the time, it's not AI abuse at all. I didn't say run backwards with qb I said roll out. I personally call plays like this every fall in situations. I doubt this site really insists that every play where a qb moves is cheese. Come on. On a real situation like this I wouldn't have called plays that left me in a 4th and 13 with time on clock anyways. I would have called plays that kept the clock running and prolly went to OT.

25. DirtycashDylan

If you called a play like that IRL, it was a designed play. There's a big difference between designed QB rollouts and just sprinting to the sideline while shifting your OL. If you were playing me, I'd just bring a CB blitz and laugh at you though.