What would you guys think about ...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

What would you guys think about ...

... a system in which all gameplay issues are resolved in private?

Have an issue with a player - it comes to me.

Someone has an issue with you - I go to you.

But whatever the situation, we take it out of the public sphere. I'm typically against this, since I like things open, but we seem to be dragging people through the mud a bit too much for my liking - and that is something I am also guilty of. What if we handled it by PM all of the time? Public statements come only after action has been taken, and situations have been resolved.

You guys OK with be wielding that big a stick around here? It just seems like the public stuff makes it look like there's a lot more tension than there should be. I'd like to get back to discussions of different types.

What do you guys think?

2. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Sounds good to me-

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Arch', I think this is a good idea. If I have an issue with a user, I'm fine with letting you deal with it in private any way you see fit.

One question, though. Let's say that a user get's bounced for illegal play. Could the league be PM'd the news and the reason why? If one of my buds gets booted, I'm going to want to know why, and I think the rest of the league deserves to know. Plus, communicating the circumstances may prevent a repeat occurrence.

I think keeping as much of this stuff off the board (and in public view) is a good thing, but I'd hate to see a lack of communication be the consequence. I think a group PM in these instances would also prevent the, "What happened to 'so and so'?" threads which will only facilitate the type of discussion we've seen the last couple of days.

4. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

If someone gets bounced just put a post up briefly explaining why.

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

agreed.

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

Totally agree.

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

when I get bounced I would like a chance to bitch and moan...just saying...its only fair that rutgers guy got to

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

hehe. That guys was a hella-douche. He had it coming.