What would you say... Ya Do Here?

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by CeeGee, Sep 11, 2012.

1. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

From Pasta Padre:

So here is my Question... I would like to know what the EA Gamechangers do at the Community Events? Because this statement right here (from above quote) >>>
    <<<Tells me that the guys at EA either don't listen to you, or, they don't really care about your input... They obviously here what you guys tell them and you would think they care about what you've got to say because if they didn't they wouldn't spend the money to fly you all down there...

I'm just wondering how it all work... I mean, do you guys tell them about issues, and they just tell you they can't get to them, or, its something that can't be fixed?

The quote from above states that this patch was "primarily crafted prior to the release of the game so it won't carry with it many feedback-driven adjustments" is very disheartening to me... I mean, what exactly happens at the community events that you all attend? I'm sure, with as many issues as this game has, that you all pointed out several of them to the Devs...

I personally value each and everyone one of the Gamechagers Opinions, Dedication and time invested in doing everything they can to help EA produce a High Quality Product, however, I'm not too sure that EA Values you all in the same way... I just don't see how this game can be released with this many issues...

RynoAid
    Emmdotfrisk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The part you highlighted in yellow is Pasta's take on things. Stop listening to that blowhard.

The game goes GOLD about a month before the release date. Any changes they make between then and release day (usually to fix issues, some of which we find) get rolled into a patch and sent to Micosoft/Sony to be certified (which takes two weeks). That is what you are seeing here, the issues that were identified in that month. The issues SINCE release that have been found will be addressed in another patch.

You chicken little types just read what you want to read.

3. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Thank you. Good insight.

Why am I "chicken little" lol. I was just asking how the process worked.

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It's all about how you present things. You could have asked, "Hey guys, why are they only addressing certain issues here, I'm not sure I understand the process", instead you wrote "OMFG why EA no listen?".

• Like Like x 4
  5. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

gotcha (y)

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

you have to take everything pasta says with a grain of salt. everything he gets is given to him by folks he's close with at Tiburon. so in a lot of ways he acts as a mouth piece of EA/Tiburon and shovels a lot of their propaganda as a result. (The best example of that favortism was when the NCAA folks gave him an internal, real-name roster before launch so he had it on day one ... of course it ended up being the bugged rosters because of the 117 to 120 team issue).

you also have to question a guy who names a site after himself. that'd be like Ryno deciding he wanted to call this place Rynoaid Sports Online.

7. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Subtle "i wish 2k still made football games" thread.

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Pasta just manipulates headlines to serve whatever point he wants to make. Sometimes he is anti-EA, sometimes he is a fan boy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i stopped reading after you typed "From Pasta Padre"

• Like Like x 2
  10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

what it tells me is you listen to someone with very little perspective on the whole process and take his word for gospel. But keep clicking... it keeps him employed.

11. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

The title of this thread is laughable. Be more of a douche?

12. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Yeah the Title was tongue and cheek :) I love our Gamechangers and it was more directed at the guys at EA that don't listen to them when issues are discovered.

13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    They LISTEN to them.

Sometimes because things aren't exactly like you want doesn't mean that they don't take it into consideration. This is why we have CC now, because they listened to the community.

The other thing is that sometimes they can't completely FIX an issue because of the coding. Don't take this as a lack of trying. They would rather not break something else by changing the coding to fix a minor issue. Sometimes you have to weigh the good and the bad.

Now..posts like this are why you are getting a certain reputation throughout the site.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

What are talking about?

I feel like nobody can question anything about the all mighty EA around here without getting raged on...

Like I said above, the Title was said in a joking manner... I didn't say ANYTHING bad about OUR TSO GAMECHANGERS!... I'm not sure what your deal is with me...

On a forum, I like to talk, and chat about things that I'm thinking... I don't see what the issue is and why you have such a problem with me...

15. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Because you used alot of "you" "you guys" no "I" "Us" or "we" ..... Auto fill don't do that. Remember YOU are always at the opposite end of the finger you point, no matter where you point it.

16. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Although your title may be a "joke", clearly, what you were thinking and typing were not. I am sure everybody has their certain issues with the game, but i think it is safe to say that without the community feedback and EA listening, the game would probably not be where it is today, i am not saying it is good, but i am saying it would probably be much worse.

The point is, if EA is listening, you can not expect them to have every single change in the game that everybody wants and also have the ability to QC the game to fix all the bugs to put out a bug free game. That just isn't realistic.

17. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

Before the days of online patches for console games, there weren't as many bugs... I wonder why...

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Because you didn't have Operation Sports and Pasta Padre to point them out.

Half the time they imagine fucking issues.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I said in the third post in this thread, there is a difference between accusing and asking.

20. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

id be interested to see what you are basing this claim on.
    Id suspect that this is more of a personal opinion as opposed to a proven fact.

21. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Oh there were, we just didn't care because there weren't a million douches on sites like this pointing out every little inaccuracy/glitch/bug in the game. Shit, I wouldn't notice 80% of the bugs in NCAA or Madden any given year if I didn't read about them on here.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

How wrong you are... There were tons, but as Blonde pointed out, the games werent online or when they were, the online community was much smaller and less vocal.

It is great they can address things with patches. Back in the day, a glitch was there to stay.

23. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

sorry, but you thread title and assumptions don't scream "RESPECT FOR OUR GC'S"... joke or not... there is always some truth in humor.

24. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Wait, so your jokes about me and Burger King employees weren't just to be funny? (y)

• Like Like x 1