What's Everyone's Take On The Supposed NCAA 10 Roster Mess?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by DJ Rhude, Jun 10, 2009.

1. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

What's Everyone's Take On The Supposed NCAA 10 Roster Mess?

Haven't seen this brought up here yet, just was wondering...

According to pastapadre a few days ago, the team builder rosters are supposedly the ones that we'll see in the actual game.....if you check the school rosters, they are outdated and some feature players who have already graduated two years ago....people on nccastrategies and OS are very upset about it

http://www.pastapadre.com/category/football/ncaa-football

And then there's the Sam Keller lawsuit....I'm sure most know he's suing EA over the usage of player likeness in NCAA

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

The ratings aren't too big a deal to me...but the fact that they dont have some of the players on teams and/or STILL have people that left or transfered is rediculous.

but hey, if it weren't for EA being complete fuck ups some people wouldnt have a job making rosters for everybody.

Sam Keller..that is BS..

trying to fuck up the game for us..for what reason? he doesn't like his image on a video game? wtf..that would be sweet, that is why most all of us have created ourselves in the game at some point..because we wish we were as lucky as these college players

BASICALLY GETTING PAID TO GO TO SCHOOL AND PLAY FOOTBALL WHEN OTHERS ARE STRUGGLING TO MAKE ENDS MEET..THEN HE IS GOING TO SUE A VIDEO GAME..SOUNDS LIKE A FAGGOT..I DONT KNOW HIM, BUT I HEARD HE SUCKS ANYWAY.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am just assuming some new NCAA nut will create a roster within the week and fix everything. Not too concerned.

4. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

True.....but it's more work now.....simply not just naming players anymore, they will have to create players from scratch....might take the gurus a lil longer to churn them out

And Murk yeah, Keller smh....

5. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Agree. some1 will make a complete roster & fix the ratings. Also, the players will leave in at least 4 yrs so it will be a new set of players anyway.

As for Sam Keller's lawsuit, screw him. Change his name to Dan Heller & make him the opposite race he is(never seen him b4). Then when we get the game we can change it back.

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Its ok fellas....EA will patch it.

(n)

I do think though when the final product hits the roster should be golden. If not there are many guys out there who love to fix that stuff.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Not worried.

8. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I concur. Heck, the thing I'm most excited about is the Create a School stuff which means I don't really have to worry about the roster stuff anyway.

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    If they are indeed the final rosters I am upset, because they are blatanltly inaccurate. I hope someone fixes them quick, but I doubt it will be short, easy work.

10. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm not concerned from a gamer standpoint only because of the platform and the ability to get patches online, download rosters, etc. If it had been 5 years ago that would have been a huge problem though. I've never developed a game, but how do you miss something like that in a sports title? That's gotta be right near the top of the list of no brainer priorities right?

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think it's probably part glitch and part that freaking moron that EA has that does the rosters now. I swear, the day they hire someone who has actually played football and knows the game to do the ratings will be nothing short of a miracle.

Is it that hard to judge someone's ability to do certain aspects of the game? A simple film session or highlight reel can do that. I'm not sure how they messed up the rosters. I mean, there are some really high profile freshmen that got left off. Just kind of weird.

13. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

What's even worse is it's not like they have an excuse for it either. They get game tape from the NCAA to study teams for playbook changes and, by proxy, for the ability to figure out ratings for players.

Really, the only reason I can think of is because of the new EA Locker thing along with the whole legal battle with douchebag Keller trying to sue them over using his likeness without pay.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't think that had an effect on the game. Even if EA didn't put out an NCAA this year, Keller has plenty of 'evidence' to back his claim. It's too bad his claim won't hold up. It's not like EA does face scans like Madden did in '06. In fact, their player models are really generic. In '09, Tebow and Stephen McGee were almost identical. Why? Because they were 6'3'' white males with dark hair who played QB. Not because they actually look anything alike.

15. jfosh

jfosh Super

Eventually EA will charge for the roster seperately. And give you the ability to purchase any seasons roster. They need Micro-Transactions to make more money.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't doubt it Foshe.

I'm secretly debating doing my own roster. But unlike most of the guys who do those, I have a life and take showers regularly.