What's going on?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Jan 18, 2010.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

What's going on?

Please check in and let me know what is going on. There is no activity. Why should I run this league on TF if this is going to happen?

This is the last time I attempt to revive this league. I will resign as commissioner if this problem persists.

I guess it is my fault.

2. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

It's not your fault man. Activity peeks during the beginning of the season then steadily declines during the end.

(There is one person that I believe should be removed since they contribute absolutely nothing to this dynasty whether it's the beginning or the end.)

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I'll take responsibility for my actions. I haven't been as active as I would like to here.

4. controllerabuser

I know we all have lives. I know I haven't been the most active. This dynasty was a very great one as far as activity went. This is why I want to figure out what I need to do to get it back. It shouldn't have any fall offs.

Any ideas? Do we need to start cutting people?

Do I need to change the concept of the dynasty a little?

5. controllerabuser

We also have a spot open in the Big 10.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think we have too many guys in too many different leagues so instead of focusing on 2 or 3, we are playing 5 or 6. I think if anyone feels like they are overwhelmed it is ok to drop out. There are many new guys that are waiting to get in..... I am not speaking for CA but this goes for my OD Civil War.

7. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

That's a good question about changing the concept. I know the premise is a Big Ten / Pac 10 race to the Rose Bowl. Generally activity will peak with users if they are really into their team. I admit that I have not been as active as I would like to here, but I think I am pretty active. I don't want to make this too long so here are my suggestions:

1. Everyone in the league should be responsible for a weekly / bi-weekly feature that they do. E.G., Bowl Projections, Heisman Watch, Conference Breakdown, Players of the Week etc. This should be updated and commented on religiously.

2. See if people want to change up teams / conferences. As of right now I think that most people have a chance to compete for conference and national titles with the way they have built their programs. There are only a few teams that I can think of that do not have the talent level to compete this year.

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    There are also a lot of new applicants that you could get in here.

there are a lot of apps that go unanswered...

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

This is exactly what I am getting at. How can we grow if we don't embrace our new members. I am not saying everyone should quit. Just encouraging everyone to focus on maybe a couple OD's. For the 2011 release we will have a limit established to prevent this from happening.

10. controllerabuser

Here it is.

I don't care if you have been here from day 1. There is no special treatment. If you cannot participate with/in the general TF time requirements then you need to drop.

I am not going to sit around and watch this OD die. If that means I have to drop my outside TF dynasties so that I can put my best foot forward on content, then so be it.

So, only you have the right to control your destiny.

You need to state whether you intend to keep up. I don't mean just playing games & recruiting. I mean posting. I don't mean just posting game summaries & recruiting info either. I mean making the extra efforts.

11. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I'm in. I'll do whatever features you want.

12. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I'm in, I want to do a depth chart review like I did before.

13. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Count me in CA

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I'm in but you guys need to respond to your pressers when I post them sometimes they go totally unanswered or answered 3 to 4 weeks late.

I will continue to post them for the following season if you guys will respond and someone needs to question me I like to respond to them as well but I'm not asking myself questions

15. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

good point diddy.

[​IMG]

any questions for the coach? lol

16. Coach Saban

Coach Saban Walk On

I'm in and will be more active on the boards as I'll be strictly in TF ODs only from now on.

17. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Same here, I am only competing in TF ODs...don't have the time for others.

18. Coach Saban

Coach Saban Walk On

Also, I'd like to do some kind of recruiting insider type thing. Frisk or CA, I'll talk to you guys about this sometime tonight or tomorrow.

19. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Agreed. Did I miss any on Illinois?

20. controllerabuser

I appreciate all the positive attitudes. I have decided to cut my OD's on the outside so that I can run the best OD I can and participate fully in the two other TF ones.

The guys who are sticking with BfR
    So far:

buffbullfan
    cimmy24
    controllerabuser
    emmdotfrisk
    ryty32
    sdid22
    coachsaban1221
    jvigorous1
    Mr2Bits

I am assuming H22 is still with us. I just haven't seen any posts since I made this thread.

21. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

ya im down.. check back tonight guys i ll something cooked up.. the only thing i would ask is that guys comment on it and stuff. i noticed when you get a few guys that do these "extra" content things it really spurs up activity. this is why evo is so hot.. but ill cook up a little T2 magic and see how it goes...

22. controllerabuser

Anybody want to be in charge of the recruiting numbers?

I hate looking after it.

23. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

CA, I am in. It has been busy at work lately. Boss is out of town and I am putting in 60 a week. I'm no T2, lol, but with family and other stuff, I have been slacking on my duties to make this site what it is. I will find a wat around it.

Mike

24. controllerabuser

So we got everybody on board.

25. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I can include recruiting numbers in with depth chart review.