What's the Ideal Gaming TV Size???

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by GoGators, Jun 30, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

What's the Ideal Gaming TV Size???

I'm finally about to graduate and end my days as a broke college kid. As much as this saddens me to know I'll soon be entering the 9-5 world, it excites me because I'll finally be able to upgrade my TV from the 22 inch I've been playing on all year.

I really think that the small size and lack of detail cost me a few games in my dynasties last year. So while I'm looking at new TV's, I was wondering about your guys' opinion as to what size TV's are best and what you guys play on. Post away!

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

The biggest you can afford. (y)

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

All of my TV's are 42"+ LCDs but I would say 32-37" would be fine enough for a good experience if you are on a budget. If money is no object I'd say 40" is the absolute low end.

4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I have a 42" plasama. It was expensive but well worth it in my opinion.

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Any LCD or plasma that is at least 37', it will change your video game experience!

(y)

6. GoGators

Thanks. Do you guys know anything about the various brands? Or a good place to buy (where I won't get ripped off)?

7. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I have an LG tv. I've had no issues and it looks great. Samsungs are really good as well. Not sure what stores you have in your neck of the woods, but I got my TV at Best Buy which are everywhere. Basically do you research, look at ads for stores nearby and compare prices I also suggest looking at reviews for the model of tv.

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

9. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I've got a 32" Samsung LCD in my bedroom and a 46" Philips plasma in the living room. I'm extremely happy with both.

10. GoGators

any of you guys familiar with the samsung touch of color tv's? I found a deal on a sweet one but I don't know if I'll like the red touch of color boarder or not.

11. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I have a 46' Vizio LCD 1080p in my living room which I play my game on. I had no problems with it. I had for 2 yrs now.

I also have a 42' Vizio Plasma 1080p in my bedroom. I had for 6 months now & no problems with it.

The 46' inch cost me $1200.00 & the 42' inch cost me $750.00

If those are to much my daughter has a 32' inch RCA LCD 720p that cost $500.00.

All brought from Walmart.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

46 or 50 inch. It really depends the room you are putting in. But always get the biggest one you can afford and fit. You will want it later.

I have a 42 and a 46........wish the 46 was 50.

13. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Samsung or Sony.

I have a 65' Mitsu in my living room, a 53' inch panasonic in my game room and a 32' Sony XBR in my cpu room.

The bigger the TV the better but my wife doesnt let me hool up to the mitsu much, that her TV.

The Panasonic has been a great game TV.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah, it's all about the size of the room, or more directly, how far you are from the TV. My gaming room is the size is a small bedroom. (Ok, it is a small bedroom) and I'm five feet (max) from the television set. I don't need a 50 inch television set, my 32" is excellent.

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Ive got a 46 Samsung 1080. Its perfect. I love it and it works well. I got it at the black Friday sale from Best Buy last year. I also have a 40in Sony Bravia which I like just as much. If you aske me to chosse my head would prolly explode.