What's wrong with this video?

Discussion in 'Tradition Racing' started by Hellisan, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Just curious. a long time ago, a friend in my tuning garage came up with this car. To "advertise" it, I did a little video of it taking the first couple turns at Laguna Seca. Although this is in slow motion, this is about as fast as you can take those first two corners. The 1:18 clip was matched to a 1:18 song by Aphex Twin that I'd count among my favorite "pseudo ambient" songs ever. So it's good driving, a great song, and a good paint. (all my opinions!)

Now the tune was pretty average. Ok it sucked. He didn't want to put the time in to really figure out what was the best build which really limits you. But seriously, nobody said anything about this video whatsoever when the car was released.

So i come to you guys. What's wrong with it? Too slow? Boring music? Bad paint job? All/above? You guys are honest, I like that :)

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

well to be overly critical. I dont like right after the beginning the 30 seconds where the car is too small to really see. Music is ok.....dont hate it dont love it. I love the orange into white but the yellow at the end.......kills it for me. I like the slow motion.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah the yellow on the back... something about it I don't like. Overall the design is awesome, just something with that yellow.

I think with the video, it might be cool after that 1:18 to have like an explosion or something and then show the rest of the lap, full speed to get a sense of how good the car is, with engine noises and shit. I don't know what is/isn't possible though.

4. s n g

s n g Walk On

i agree with jay, the car is just to far away through some of the clip. the car its self looks good, i dont mind the colour

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I agree that after a certain period the slow motion becomes boring and perhaps switching to normal speed would be great. I think as you transition from slow to normal speed the song then changes to something with more BPM.

Funny your on Mazda Laguna Seca. My friends and I have resurrected this game and tonight marks as the 3rd time we will be meeting on this track. We typically do class-A on this track and Maple Valley. I think we have 5 tonight, then we put 3 CPU AI drivers out there on medium to give us a full track of 8 cars.

What is your best time on this track?

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Don't ask! It will just make you feel like a chump

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I saw Del's time and already feel like a chump. I guess there is no need to add insult to injury.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Thanks guys. Funny you mention the paint, I told him to make it blue at the rear. Oh well. I agree, it would have been sweet if I had done something like that, with that music... and then switched to some Cephalic Carnage and normal speed for the rest of the lap. LOL.

Oh well about the camera angles, that's what the game gave me. But great input.

Don't worry about it Randiesel. It's the only game I'm really good at. :)