What's your ideal running back?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -Cougars-, Jul 5, 2011.

1. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I would have to go with someone with good acceleration and great agility. With those combos he is able to hit holes fast and if you hit a wall you can easily cut to the other side when in danger.

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I love the speed/power combo backs. My ideal RB is a Kevin Jones style runner

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

i like a guy with modest speed, upper 80's is fine for me. I like my guys to be able to truck and stiff arm, and its always nice to have some potent spins and jukes.

My RB right now at USF is as ideal as a guy under 80 ovr can be.

Ideal for me, and someone you guys have probably played, would be someone like Cody Johnson on the Texas vs Oregon demo. Speed to finish but all about putting that first defender on his ass.

Good thread btw, tells a lot about our playstyles by what kind of running back everyone would prefer.

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

My ideal halfback when Georgia was actually good lol

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I like to run the ball quite a bit, and I like a more powerful, between the tackles type of back. The way the game is developed, I mainly look for acceleration, trucking, break tackle, and agility. Speed doesn't matter as much, but it's always a plus if he has that too.

In NCAA '11, the best RB I ever coached was Demarcus Wilcox, without a doubt. He had all of the attributes of a power back, with 94 speed. He had all the tools to break through the line, and then the quick feet to quickly get down the field for some big plays.

6. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

I like a speed back with versatility to return punts/kicks and good hands out of the backfield. But you really can't beat the power guys who have speed as well.

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

In '11 best RB I coached was Freddy Battle from Arizona he was a power back with incredible accel and speed. I should have ran the ball more smh

8. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

My best RB in 11 was in my OD with some high school friends, I currently have a Senior HB with 90 speed, 97 acc, 91 break tackle, and 92 trucking. He has shattered every single record in school history

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Power with acceleration, speed could be in the high 80s. But if he can power through the line and then accelerate fast enough, he'll beat out the first line of defense and some of the secondary may not have what it takes to bring a wrecking ball down.

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

yep

11. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

I like the little bitty guys that get lost behind those 300lbs O-Lineman. They can take it to the house on any play. Bounce outside and make a defender look silly.

12. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

What you guys have to contend with for (hopefully) two years

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Damn I like that back alot, dude refuses to go down!

^ there's my boy Ryan. The run against Iowa State where he dodges like 3 guys is my fave.

Also towards the end of the video just picture LV from Friday Night Lights saying what he would say..

14. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Damn dude has a better arm than Martinez :D

15. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Rex Burkhead is awesome, I love his running style