What's your weakness?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by dakota7, Jun 16, 2011.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Now that we know who you're looking forward to playing with, what area of your team has you most concerned? What will be your year 1 recruiting priority? This may be a soft spot on your roster or maybe you want to change systems.

2. dakota7

Wisconsin's top priority will be quarterback. The Badgers enter the season with only 2 healthy scholarship qbs. Sophomore Jon Budmayer is the starter right now, and this kid is weak. He was rated in the low 70's last year and I hope he's that high again. His spring game performance was awful. The wildcard is Russell Wilson. The former NC State QB is transferring, with UW considered the front runner. Auburn is a strong player as well. I'm guessing Wilson would come in rated in the high 80's and have a huge year one impact. Wilson has 1 year of eligibility left, so either way this is a huge priority for the Badgers.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

NOTE: The ratings below are '11 ratings with no progression towards '12.

For the Utes, our top priority is unquestionably QB. I'm going to overhaul the offense and I need a quick QB, but the Utes have none. The scariest thing is that in '11 I've simmed/recruited the 1st 2 years (as a :4stars: school and then a :5stars: school in the 2nd year) and I was only able to get 2 :3stars: and a :4stars: QB that started as 71, 73, 76 OVR QBs. None of them would be able to carry the offense as FR so I think it's going to take much longer to transition than I had hoped.

LB: I'll have 4 freaking SR OLBs and a SO so I'll need some serious bodies there unless I mainly go with a 4-2-5 (and my lack of OLBs may force me to do this anyway). @ MLB I'll have 1 SR and 2 SOs. I prefer to run a 3-4 so if I'm going to build towards that, I'll have to sign a ton of LBs right away.

HB: I have a 78 OVR JR with freaking 70 ACC and then my next 2 backs are 67, 66. I'll have to get 2 new guys, 1 speed guy and 1 power back. Utah has an incoming 220 lb HB, :4stars: Harvey Langi that's their best 2011 recruit. He's the #17 HB and #218 overall so hopefully he'll be rated high enough for me to just need to recruit a speed back in my 1st year.

DE: I'll have 2 SR DEs (80, 78 OVR) and 2 others (68,65) so I'll need some serious help @ DE.

CB: I'll have a relatively studly SR CB and then 3 weak SOs so I'll need CB help.

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Probably O and D lines. If you don't' have a solid line on both sides, it doesn't matter who you have.

It's going to be odd playing with a 2-4-5 D, I don't know what to look for or how to recruit for this. On Rivals.com you can switch their setup to a 4-3 to see the depth chart, and Jehrico Nelson plays both LB and DB on this team.

5. jello1717

Are you going to mainly use the nickle 2-4-5 formation or did you mean 4-2-5?

[​IMG]

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

My oline will be all new starters and this is scary. Also have to replace the best Dline tandem in the nation. Line work will be hard to recover from/

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I'm with Nautica, need to ensure the guys up front that anchor the team are in order before building outside the core. My second order of business is building my pipeline for dual running-backs (power and speed).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

yeah. I really need to stop getting on here before I get any coffee. Me and the family went to the drive in last night to see the new x-men movie and I didn't' get to sleep till 3am. I did mean 4-2-5 D.

9. jello1717

I really hope that they've fixed the man alignment issues in the 4-2-5. That's my favorite defense to run, but when you've got a receiver split out wide covered by a safety that's still in the box, it really sucks.

If that problem has been fixed (and since they've focused on the 4-2-5 this year, I would certainly hope that it was) I'm likely going to run the 4-2-5.

I wonder how many of us will run that D this year...

10. dakota7

I've never used it and really don't know much about it. I'll stick with the 4-3.

11. dakota7

I've read that EA has fixed the poor progression of 3 star players and the bizarre combos of HBs and other skill players with 70s acc but good speed.

12. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

After looking at last years roster, I basically need help EVERYWHERE!!! Thankfully it seems that I'll have a good QB ready for when Persa leaves, but outside of that there's really no depth on that roster. I didn't realize things were this ugly in Chi-town.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I am concerned with how EA will evaluate my OL and HBs. But the CB position is a concern for me as well. With the teams youth there should be growth but I know I will need those three positions to have success.

14. jello1717

@UofCWildcat
    @MaslerBoros16

From an article ranking the Pac12 HBs:

I know I already said that HB was a weakspot for me, but this just drives that point home. The only team in the Pac12 with worse HBs is freakin' 1* WSU! This however, doesn't mention the crappy 70 ACC guy on my roster, so I hope the rosters we use take note of this.(and that FR HB had BETTER be in the game!)

Here's the other user teams:

It sounds like @Randiesel75 picked the right team.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I think EA severely overrated UM's defense this year. B+ rating is WAY to high for a team that gave up as many points as they have. I would have put them right on point with ND and rated them a B also. Roh is the only real standout on that D and they are switching him from DE to OLB.

UM's offense should be at about an B+ to an A, but I would have leaned more towards a B+. Their O showed that when Robinson wasn't in, they were not effective enough to win games, and with them going to a more prostyle attack Robinson may not be the threat that he was last year.

I am trying not to be bias here being a ND fan, and I don't think ND is underrated at all. In fact if they don't have Floyd on the roster when the game is out, their O will be very overrated and would be a B at best.

16. jello1717

Roh and Mike Martin are the standouts on the D (and Martin is the best player on the entire defense). Also, Roh has always been an OLB. In the 3-4/3-3-5 he'd line up on the line sometimes, but he's always been an OLB.

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

ah, Rivals has him listed at OLB, but calls him a DE. When I first looked at the ratings UM's Ratings were the first thing that popped out at me.

18. jello1717

He certainly puts his hand down more than just about any linebacker, but he plays off the line as much as he puts his hand down. He's definitely a hybrid guy so it's tough to place him in a specific position.

19. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Jordan Wynn is a pretty solid QB. He will buy you 2 years in the Utah spread until you get a spread option QB.

20. Emmdotfrisk

Yeah northwestern is garbage, but they always seem to beat the Hawkeyes

21. jello1717

The main problem with Wynn is that he only has 70 ACC. He has very good speed with 88 (although, given his career rushing totals, I'm worried EA will change this) but that's mainly just good for scrambling once the pocket breaks down. My bread and butter plays (in addition to design HB SG runs) are read options, speed options, WR motion options and QB powers. With the 87-92 ACC guys that I recruited in my Michigan dynasty, all of those plays have the potential to be deadly. I've played some games with Wynn, and with his low ACC he usually gets caught from behind before even getting back to the LOS. I'll likely have to throw those plays out of my gameplan until I can get a guy with more get up and go than Wynn.

22. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Need to def recruit another RB to develop a yr and take Lattimores place when he leaves. My best WR will be gone more than likely after the 1st yr but have some decent backups that can hopefully fill the void. My secondary will be a big concern also as I will lose 1cb and prob my other starter.

23. Emmdotfrisk

Here ya go...

24. jello1717

Yeah, I saw that earlier today. It looks like they got Thretton Palamo (#22) in the game as the starter @ HB. He's a rugby player that's going to play football this year. If he plays in NCAA '12 like he does rugby, then I think I'll be allright for the next few years @ HB (especially when combined with the true FR Langi).

Check this dude out:

25. Emmdotfrisk

I thought #22 was Sausan Shakerin

http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/shakerin_sausan00.html